• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

True Letter Of Our Saviour

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by polishbeast, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polishbeast

polishbeast Servant of Jesus

+62
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I was looking online for different devotions and I found this one. I was wondering if this is officially sanctioned by the church as this is one that I have never heard of before.

http://www.trueletterofoursavior.com/

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. gabrielListens

gabrielListens eagles fly alone

+43
    Catholic
    Single
    Very interesting and heartbreaking. I wonder if it is for real.

3. polishbeast

polishbeast Servant of Jesus

+62
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Does anyone know, or know a way to be able to find out from the Church?

4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+42,825
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I guess you could ask your priest. I have no idea. *shrug*

5. JoabAnias

JoabAnias Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15 Supporter

+3,138
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I can't find any authentication.

That site you reference claims the Pope is an impostor.

This is not to say the letter may be authentic or not but that the site seems spurious.

I can however, find the same letter on other sites and though in all there are claims of:
    and

These claims seem to contradict each other to whether the letter was found in the sepulcher and Jesus wrote it or it was dictated to the afore mentioned saints.

I cannot find any prudential coorberation of either claim which is not to say it doesn't exist but just that I cannot find it. The mispellings and type-o's in the second quote raise my curiosity as well.

On the surface, it appears to be a superstitious, and if its dated as being from the Sepulcher, possibly the first chain letter ever. ;)

Just thinking out loud here, yet I know of know writings made by Jesus and suspect if there were they would be big news.

I find it odd that if Rome were in the possession of such a relic I would have never heard of it before or that more would be known about it and readily findable in sources with an imprimitur.

That page does cite the following at the bottom:

Benedetta DA S.S.; Pope Leo XIII, in Roma 5 Aprile 1890

This may be a hint to find an actual document but I am out of time at the moment.

Since an internet search didn't yeild anything, from here I would take the question to proper authorities.

Start a thread on CA in the traditional forum with the same question. There may be someone there who could help with finding something more substantial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.