Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if you give yourself to the Lord,
you and Christ are joined together as one person
.”
1 Corinthians 6:17

True faith is verified in your obedience to God.
[John MacArthur]
I disagree with Mac-A. People who trust in works salvation are probably lost. But they put some true believers to shame who trust in Christ's imputed righteousness instead.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with Mac-A. People who trust in works salvation are probably lost. But they put some true believers to shame who trust in Christ's imputed righteousness instead.

Their is a huge difference between trusting in works and simply doing what your Daddy told you to because HE said so. That Trusting In Him, not works. Grace covers when we fall short which we will because we are human.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Their is a huge difference between trusting in works and simply doing what your Daddy told you to because HE said so. That Trusting In Him, not works. Grace covers when we fall short which we will because we are human.
if we are saved by not "falling short", it is works that save us, not grace.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if we are saved by not "falling short", it is works that save us, not grace.

JS: Matt.5:

17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I read the Good Book from cover to cover and never found the doctrine of "Faith Alone". James letter makes this abundantly clear as well.

Upvote 0

Bob Wille

Aug 27, 2019
Tucson
✟157,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your response. But I don't see how "works salvation" is mentioned or even imputed by what John MacArthur said.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your response. But I don't see how "works salvation" is mentioned or even imputed by what John MacArthur said.
He should have said, true faith is verified by love and the works it spawns. Anyone can do good works apart from being saved.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0