Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't let atheists fool you. They like to proclaim variations on 'Oh, I don't believe, I just don't have a belief', when it comes to religion. Had they been born and raised on a deserted island with no contact with humanity, and then had no religious belief, it could be argued that theirs was simply the result of having no belief about religion. But in our world, there is this thing called religion, the belief in supernatural and divine forces, and most atheists are aware of this and simply choose to believe those religious explanations for what atheists don't know are false.

Despite their little verbal sleight of hand, however, many modern atheists are rather zealous and fanatical about their belief that no non-material explanation exists for what atheism can't tell us. So much so, that in most cases today, atheism is calling the shots about how we understand reality, God, religion, morality, humanity, history, and almost any other subject under the sun.

So yesterday was the memorial of Isaac Jogues and John de Brebeuf, priests and martyrs and companions in this, the New World. That's back when we remembered both sides in historical conflicts typically give as good as they get. Here is that ursine blogger St. Corbinian's Bear, reminding us that if you have time to read this, you have time to pray the hours (and if you have to give up reading me to do so, I'd say you should choose the more important thing - and it ain't reading me).

But I thought of their martyrdom. I thought of the fact that Christians in America, including the Catholic Church, have adopted the very atheistic understanding of events from that period. For the push to eradicate the heritage of the Christian West and the United States is predicated on two fundamental beliefs: 1) that through the prism of multiculturalism, there is no culture or civilization that is in any way inferior to the West, and the West brought nothing particularly special to the world table (if, in fact, it wasn't the true and sole cause of all evil and suffering in the world), and 2) Religions are false. They aren't real. They are lies. There is no God or eternity to speak of. Perhaps there is some parallel universe or some extra-material energy field when we die, but none of the world religions are right, nor did they happen. They are false.

Continued below.
Daffey Thoughts: True believers trump non-believers every time

Reactions: brinny