Lord I believe; help my unbelief.
Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
One of the preachers at our church recently related that he had two sons who knew the lord but were backslidden. He stated that he prayed to the Lord to take his children before they could lose their salvation and they both then subsequently died.

I understand the point of his testimony, but it just seems completely abhorrent to pray to God for the death of your children.

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
3.gif

Upvote 0

Mixolydian

Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Abhorrent is probably too strong a word to use. I can't imagine losing a child, much less two. If they were backslidden, he surely was concerned for their salvation. Perhaps he's using that story as a way of finding some comfort and relief from his worry over their final destination.

It was such a shocking thing to hear though, I've been trying to wrap my mind around it from a spiritual and non-spiritual viewpoint.

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
redundant would be a better word for that prayer, for God has already promised that He would allow satan to take them out before they lost their salvation.

1 Corinthians 5:5
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
KJV

so if the preacher feels that his sons is gone beyond restoration ( which is not possible) but if he feels this way then His prayer should be Father I claim 1 Cor. 5:5, (which is your promise for those that wander away and are not going to come back) for my sons, that their spirit may be saved in the resurrection. and I pray this to the Almighty God that is able to keep his Children from falling. In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, you have promised that my sons might be saved, Amen. but on the other hand Jesus did say that God knew our need before we even asked for it, but we should still pray so pray on people.

Jude 24-25
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
KJV

Father, I pray that this preacher can have the peace and understanding from scripture( your Holy Promises ), that not only can he rest in that blessed asurrance for Him and his house, but also to all those that he preaches the gospel to from this point forward. In your precious Son's name we pray, Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

singing my hallelujah song
Feb 22, 2005
the wings of a snow white dove
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
One of the preachers at our church recently related that he had two sons who knew the lord but were backslidden. He stated that he prayed to the Lord to take his children before they could lose their salvation and they both then subsequently died.

I understand the point of his testimony, but it just seems completely abhorrent to pray to God for the death of your children.

I don't believe God would 'take' his children because they were backslidden ... unless it was already His will to do it ... in which case it would have happened anyway ... as someone who has two sons and three grandsons with the Lord ... I find this kind of teaching completely distasteful, at best ... I don't believe we should ever give up praying for their salvation ... for mercy and grace for them ... I've been through 'heck' and high water with my children ... but I stand here telling you I can't imagine praying that ... I know what it means for them to go when it's their time ... but I accept no one else's decision of that time ... least of all mine ... only the Lord makes that call in my book ... I, too, know the power of prayer and ... well, I shudder ... jmo

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe God would 'take' his children because they were backslidden ... unless it was already His will to do it ... in which case it would have happened anyway ... as someone who has two sons and three grandsons with the Lord ... I find this kind of teaching completely distasteful, at best ... I don't believe we should ever give up praying for their salvation ... for mercy and grace for them ... I've been through 'heck' and high water with my children ... but I stand here telling you I can't imagine praying that ... I know what it means for them to go when it's their time ... but I accept no one else's decision of that time ... least of all mine ... only the Lord makes that call in my book ... I, too, know the power of prayer and ... well, I shudder ... jmo

well let's reverse your prayer, do you pray for sick people to get better, or do you just say well if they are sick is must be that God meant for them to be sick and if this sickness takes them out of here then that was meant to be also. or why you were going through "heck" and high water did you ever lift up a prayer on their behalf of your Children, if So Why? IT is the will of God That none of these little ones perish, why do you pray for salvation, what do you pray for when you pray, Jesus Said to pray for our daily bread, God has already promise to meet our needs, why pray for our daily bread, Jesus , if we don't eat and die then that must be the will of God. if you would look at this man's pray you would see, that it comes from a loving father, if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, for it is better to enter in with one eye than not to enter in. This man although misguided as it is, is putting His sons salvation over their own life, WOW That's love man. no sir what is distasteful is you judging this man without ever walking with him. and if you don't believe that God would take someone walking away from him , Before they can walk too far, then you don't know God or the Bible!
1 Corinthians 5:1-5
5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
KJV

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I didn't come here to argue or be talked down to ... I simply gave my take on it ... I doubt if you're going to change my mind talking to me that way ... I certainly know who can change yours ... and I certainly know it's not me ... and I certainly never said I was offended or pulling out anyones plank ... I said it's distasteful to me ... and that I can't imagine it ... and I can't ...as to whether or not I ever lifted a prayer ... I don't answer to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't address me again and I won't address you again ...

lilmiss

Reactions: mssurrendered
Upvote 0

Mixolydian

Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I hope to speak with him in private when there's a chance to do so, but I don't believe he ever gave up praying for his sons to come back in walk with the Lord, any father that loves his children wouldn't.

Though I understand it from an eternal perspective, it's a prayer that is so anguishing that...I just can't find the words to describe.

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't come here to argue or be talked down to ... I simply gave my take on it ... I doubt if you're going to change my mind talking to me that way ... I certainly know who can change yours ... and I certainly know it's not me ... and I certainly never said I was offended or pulling out anyones plank ... I said it's distasteful to me ... and that I can't imagine it ... and I can't ...as to whether or not I ever lifted a prayer ... I don't answer to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't address me again and I won't address you again ...

lilmiss

you laid into a father that is not even here to defend himself, and I am the bad guy. ok and because I call you out on it now you don't like me because I told you the truth, and we are not to speak to each other ever again , that's real Christ Like. I showed you from scripture where a statement you made was wrong, I am not trying to get you to change your mind that is not my job, my job as a christian is to speak truth from scriptures, what you do with it is your job, so i hurt your feelings, you can either forgive and grow closer to God, or let it eat you up and grow away from God, that will be up to you also, as you said you don't have to answer to me, but what ye hath done unto the least of these ye hath done unto me, Jesus the one that quoted this is the one me and you both will have to answer to!!

Matthew 18:21-22
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
KJV

if you never speak to me again, is nothing to me. But it does effect you greatly. and because I am commanded By My Lord to love You. please don't let what I say come between you and God, for your sake not mine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
please don't let what I say come between you and God, for your sake not mine!

you give yourself way too much power ... your judgemental assumptions of the intent of my heart are just that ... like I said, don't address me again and I won't address you ...

to anyone else it might concern ... just because someone serves you up a big ole plate of guilt, don't mean you have to partake ...

my reaction was of horror at the thought of giving up HOPE on one's children to that magnitude ... it's a particular heartache of mine ... I can't imagine what brought the man to that place ... if it were only a matter of backsliding (AS POSTED), I just can't understand ... now if they were serial killers or something, I'd probably feel differently ... I still find it distasteful teaching ... in a private I could only feel empathy ... in front of a congregation ... I , too, get his point ... I just don't feel it's appropriate teaching ... I'm sorry ... I don't like it and I don't have to ... and that's not judgement!

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you give yourself way too much power ... your judgemental assumptions of the intent of my heart are just that ... like I said, don't address me again and I won't address you ...

to anyone else it might concern ... just because someone serves you up a big ole plate of guilt, don't mean you have to partake ...

my reaction was of horror at the thought of giving up HOPE on one's children to that magnitude ... it's a particular heartache of mine ... I can't imagine what brought the man to that place ... if it were only a matter of backsliding (AS POSTED), I just can't understand ... now if they were serial killers or something, I'd probably feel differently ... I still find it distasteful teaching ... in a private I could only feel empathy ... in front of a congregation ... I , too, get his point ... I just don't feel it's appropriate teaching ... I'm sorry ... I don't like it and I don't have to ... and that's not judgement!

it is not my power I rely or preach about, as you know I will answer for my ways and you will your ways . it is you that will determined the walk you take, I am nothing but a fellow servant, you say I give myself way too much power and yet accuse me of judgemental assumptions. it was the power of scriptures that I gave my plea to you, don't let what i say effect your walk with God:

Matthew 6:13-15
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
KJV

what you do will have no effect on me, what you do will have every effect on you. forgive or grudge it is your call!!

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
you've accused me of quite a lot ... pulling planks, holding grudges, etc ... hmmm

this is me ... walking away ... from an accuser throwing forth condemnation, guilt, pulling imaginary planks, puffing, holding grudges, decididing how people should pray, and all that ...

to my God who loves me and truly knows me ...

Abba, Father!

:wave:

I've asked you twice to stop addressing me ... now it's just harrassment ...

Upvote 0

Builder_Bob

Jul 24, 2008
✟521.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I agree with littlemiss on this. Read the last chapter of Jonah and in the last words spoken were from God and if God showed mercy on Nenivah because they didn't know their right hand from their left much more would he show mercy on those who are back slidden and lost, even Jesus soke of the one lost sheep and how important it was to leave the 99 and go out serching for that one lost sheep and return it to the fold. If not then the new testiment doctrine is the biggest arguement in history concerning gods grace. God birthed the new testiment in Jonah's ministry and revealed the tone for us in it the starting of the time of grace by what is written in Jonahs report.
Insted of praying in words such as these: ( he prayed to the Lord to take his children before they could lose their salvation), which took the protective hedge off them so the enemy could destroy them, he should had prayed for the protective hand of God to lead them back to repentence. It is written that perilous times will come, It's not the judgement of God on them, if so then alot of us christians would be dead already.
We need to be careful with our words because of troubles that affect us or others. We should be praying each other out of the snare of death to deliverence not leaving a open door for the enemy.
When the pangs of death seize on our souls we need a deliverer, not a prayer that opens the door for death.
Consider the questions by Abraham to the Angels about to visit Sodom and the words that set the path or tone of grace throughout time spoken by the Angels in all you think, when thinking of god's judgement in a time of grace. For it's blasphemy of the work of God, to speak of such things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with littlemiss on this. Read the last chapter of Jonah and in the last words spoken were from God and if God showed mercy on Nenivah because they didn't know their right hand from their left much more would he show mercy on those who are back slidden and lost, even Jesus soke of the one lost sheep and how important it was to leave the 99 and go out serching for that one lost sheep and return it to the fold. If not then the new testiment doctrine is the biggest arguement in history concerning gods grace. God birthed the new testiment in Jonah's ministry and revealed the tone for us in it the starting of the time of grace by what is written in Jonahs report.
Insted of praying in words such as these: ( he prayed to the Lord to take his children before they could lose their salvation), which took the protective hedge off them so the enemy could destroy them, he should had prayed for the protective hand of God to lead them back to repentence. It is written that perilous times will come, It's not the judgement of God on them, if so then alot of us christians would be dead already.
We need to be careful with our words because of troubles that affect us or others. We should be praying each other out of the snare of death to deliverence not leaving a open door for the enemy.
When the pangs of death seize on our souls we need a deliverer, not a prayer that opens the door for death.
Consider the questions by Abraham to the Angels about to visit Sodom and the words that set the path or tone of grace throughout time spoken by the Angels in all you think, when thinking of god's judgement in a time of grace. For it's blasphemy of the work of God, to speak of such things.

Well my, my, I am told not to tell lilmiss how to pray but yet both you and lilmiss have told this preacher, that neither of you know, how he should have prayed. sir, obviously you have not read all of my post. God's grace that you so highly speak of, goes even beyond your expectation. and if one of God's children is about to take that one step away from God, that one step of never return, then God will allow them to be taken out, before they can take that one step, now That is Grace!! that their soul might be saved.now you may not be able to accept this, because maybe you believe someone can away from the Grace of God and become unsaved, but this scripture says different and I have shown it several times but Because I am commanded to love you and not judge I will post it again:

5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
KJV

you want to quote old testament about the grace, let's talk about the Grace of God that would have someone stoned to death, that sin would not destory the whole tribe. let's talk about the two that was caught in fornification under Moses and was stoned to death, if we are going to preach Grace. let's get the whole picture/ the whole truth. God's grace goes beyond this life ( which is just a vapor that appeareth for a while then vanishes )
in the old testament they were told not to take any spoil after a battle . and one man took some silver and gold, and God revealed it to Joshua . so that this sin would not effect to whole tribe, and that man and His family was burned and stoned. now the Bible does not say that either of these that were stoned are in hell, and neither should we!

Joshua 7:24-26
24 And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them unto the valley of Achor.
25 And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the Lord shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.
26 And they raised over him a great heap of stones unto this day. So the Lord turned from the fierceness of his anger. Wherefore the name of that place was called, The valley of Achor, unto this day.
KJV

you and lilmiss don't know what this preacher has been though with his sons yet you judge. you have not heard his story from this man, yet you judge, lilmiss told that she prayed for 30 years and still no answer, I offered my knowledge of praying to help, not to tear down, and gave scriptures that I have based that knowledge on , not my opinion!! . how do you know that this man's sons have not tried to kill themselves several times already, how do either of you know if these two sons have not come close to overdosing on drugs several times already, you DON'T Know that is my whole point. God will apply Grace and that grace will allow some to die before He will allow them to burn, if they are one of His. our flesh is not what Jesus Bleed and died for. for it too will pass away. old things pass away and all things become new. we will be changes in the twinkling of the eye. could either of you at least talk to this preacher before you offer judgement, and make him of some evil nature???????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you've accused me of quite a lot ... pulling planks, holding grudges, etc ... hmmm

this is me ... walking away ... from an accuser throwing forth condemnation, guilt, pulling imaginary planks, puffing, holding grudges, decididing how people should pray, and all that ...

to my God who loves me and truly knows me ...

Abba, Father!

:wave:

I've asked you twice to stop addressing me ... now it's just harrassment ...

do unto other's as you would have them do unto you, what have you done to this preacher that you don't even know, you say that I am harrassing you, but yet you keep responding to me!!!!! and if you want me to to stop responding to you , stop posting. for I will stand for truth, God says the preach the truth, you say not to respond to you,
Acts 4:19
19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
KJV

And I have never condenmed you or anyone !!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Builder_Bob

Jul 24, 2008
✟521.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well my, my, I am told not to tell lilmiss how to pray but yet both you and lilmiss have told this preacher, that neither of you know, how he should have prayed. sir, obviously you have not read all of my post. God's grace that you so highly speak of, goes even beyond your expectation. and if one of God's children is about to take that one step away from God, that one step of never return, then God will allow them to be taken out, before they can take that one step, now That is Grace!! that their soul might be saved.now you may not be able to accept this, because maybe you believe someone can away from the Grace of God and become unsaved, but this scripture says different and I have shown it several times but Because I am commanded to love you and not judge I will post it again:

KJV

you want to quote old testament about the grace, let's talk about the Grace of God that would have someone stoned to death, that sin would not destory the whole tribe. let's talk about the two that was caught in fornification under Moses and was stoned to death, if we are going to preach Grace. let's get the whole picture/ the whole truth. God's grace goes beyond this life ( which is just a vapor that appeareth for a while then vanishes )
in the old testament they were told not to take any spoil after a battle . and one man took some silver and gold, and God revealed it to Joshua . so that this sin would not effect to whole tribe, and that man and His family was burned and stoned.

Joshua 7:24-26
24 And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had: and they brought them unto the valley of Achor.
25 And Joshua said, Why hast thou troubled us? the Lord shall trouble thee this day. And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones.
26 And they raised over him a great heap of stones unto this day. So the Lord turned from the fierceness of his anger. Wherefore the name of that place was called, The valley of Achor, unto this day.
KJV

you and lilmiss don't know what this preacher has been though with his sons yet you judge. you have not heard his story from this man, yet you judge, lilmiss told that she prayed for 30 years and still no answer, I offered my knowledge of praying to help, not to tear down, and gave scriptures that I have based that knowledge on , not my opinion!! . how do you know that this man's sons have not tried to kill themselves several times already, how do either of you know if these two sons have not come close to overdosing on drugs several times already, you DON'T Know that is my whole point. God will apply Grace and that grace will allow some to die before He will allow them to burn, if they are one of His. our flesh is not what Jesus Bleed and died for. for it too will pass away. old things pass away and all things become new. we will be changes in the twinkling of the eye. could either of you at least talk to this preacher before you offer judgement, and make him of some evil nature???????

Back the long black train up alittle, we no long live under the old covenant, or many would have died already, me included, if what you say were true were true. When one back slides their heart is set on not returning, that where God's drawing power comes into play.
By the way I too have children who have back slidden into their own ways and I too pray that they be delivered. So before you judge me, I tell you that they too have given me just as much troubles.
Why is it we dwell in many things in the old testiment that Jesus change by his death on the cross?
Have we forgotten the parable of prodigal son, who's Father built a bridge for his son to return? Who are we to limit God's timing concerning a person's life?
Why do we limit God's drawing power on man?
Why do we put a limit on a mans life, and who gave him this power?

Upvote 0

Mixolydian

Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
His D - That's probably where the pastor was coming from scripture wise, but I don't think he was meaning it to be a teaching, it was related as a story of a difficult time in his life and actually off track of what he was teaching that Wednesday night.

Lilmiss - I side with you on this. Understanding it is one thing, but praying it is something else unfathomable. Although we're only here for a period of time that cannot even be made into a percentage of the eternity we have ahead, we're still here for many specific reasons, and giving up hope for the move of God in our own and our family's life is not one of them.

I am sorry. I didn't mean for this thread to cause strife and division. It's fine if any mod wants to close this down.

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I want to apologize to you for having made a mess of your thread. Please forgive me.

I understand his point, too ... but yeah ... that's just too much for me to wrap my head around ...

I'm going to try again to say what I understand in all this ... I'll try to be more clear ... less of an emotional response ...

Without knowing what is meant by backsliding here we really have no understanding of the depth or anything else important here ... as in most cases of trying to discern a situation. I'd agree we know more with our children, but the Lord doesn't think like we do. He says so.

Second, I don't believe we can 'lose our salvation' in the way most do. When we were saved, the Lord didn't make a mistake. He led, guided, and directed our steps there to 'in His time' ... He simply doesn't make mistakes. On the flip, however, I believe we can fall so far away we can be in danger of 'going to hell' ... again ... jmo ...

Abhorrent is probably too strong a word to use. I can't imagine losing a child, much less two. If they were backslidden, he surely was concerned for their salvation. Perhaps he's using that story as a way of finding some comfort and relief from his worry over their final destination.

It was such a shocking thing to hear though, I've been trying to wrap my mind around it from a spiritual and non-spiritual viewpoint.

I kind of felt the word abhorent was pretty on the spot ... quite shocking and revolting when one first hears it ... and it brings confusion with it ... as one can see from this thread ...

and yes, who knows why he made that prayer ... and we don't know how much it's haunted him or not or what led him to it ... we don't know boo to be making any assumptions about anything or anyone ... I can only relay how I understand it ... we can't change his or his sons life at this moment ... but we can touch the lives of those reading this thread ... that's where I'm at ... looking at the situation ... not the person ...

I hope to speak with him in private when there's a chance to do so, but I don't believe he ever gave up praying for his sons to come back in walk with the Lord, any father that loves his children wouldn't.

Though I understand it from an eternal perspective, it's a prayer that is so anguishing that...I just can't find the words to describe.

I doubt if he's given up praying, either ... I'm sure as a preacher he knows quite well that prayer and the Word are our weapons of spiritual warfare ... keeping our armor on ... we all get weary and weak and we all have prayed things in desperation ...

I think it shows much charity of heart that you'd like to talk to him ... I would, too ... some things I'd tell him are these ... :) I'd say you stand more chance of that ...

God can fix this ...

God hears our prayers ...

I pray for His will to be done ... no matter how inadequate our prayers are ... they are still acceptable to the Lord ...

I quit praying for justice ... who really knows, but God, what that is ... I pray for mercy and grace ...

I pray for them to be safe from harm and those who would harm them ... including themselves ...

I pray for Him to keep their minds, hearts, souls, and bodies in tact to His purpose ...

I pray for Him to lead, guide, and direct their feet to salvation ...

trust Him ...

learn to understand the yoke ...

so much I would say to him ...

I think I would start with these two, though ...

pray for God's will to be done ... He wants that none should perish ...

and these two Psalms ... 126:5,6 and Psalm 84 ... the valley of tears ... his prayers and tears are precious, precious seed he bears ... and God does hear!

I believe you have a compassionate heart and my prayer for you, Mixolydian, is that the Lord allows you to speak to him and that He prepares the way for you ... be it God's will ... in Jesus sweet name ... Amen.

I want to put these scriptures out ... no one stands between you and the Lord to tell you how to pray ... even this man who prayed this prayer ... only God and this man know what all is involved ... you and I can only throw out our 2 cents ... I've given what I see because I believe we must learn from all situations ... my issue is not with this man's prayer ... that's between him and the Lord ... my issue is the confusion it brings when publically spoken of ... that's my discernment ... and that's between me and the Lord ... if the Lord speaks differently to others that's alright ... it must be as scripture says ... He meets us where we're at ... not where they're at ...

the real issue I have is the belief that there can be 'too much' prayer ... that it's an insult to God if we pray 'too many times' the same thing ... the veil was rent ... nothing stands between us and the Lord ... prayer is our conversations with Him ... I can't help but believe he smiles when we trust Him with our fears ... for me, the need to pray on something again and again, is often giving the fear to the Lord ... for some that's called holding on to Christ with everything you have ... and I believe if we have 'wrong' prayers ... if there is such a thing ... well, then He forgives us for that, too ... we sin when we know not ...

Colossians 1:9,10
prayer for spiritual wisdom

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

I just pray every one of my children and grandchildren come to know the lord, love Him, ,obey Him and love others ... be it His will ... I don't make no calls ... that's all I know ... and God willing, I will never be in that man's shoes ... I do believe there is one unforgiveable sin that cannot be forgiven ... and I believe there is one sin that can be forgiven by man in this lifetime, but must go before God in the next ... and that's murder ... so unless someone can tell me they murdered habitually ... I'm back to square one ... not being able to wrap my head around it ...

I hope I said it better this time ... are my prayers any better than his ... I say God speaks to each where they are ... this is where I am ...

God bless ... very thought provoking ...

Upvote 0

lilmissmontana

Feb 22, 2005
✟153,558.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
His D - That's probably where the pastor was coming from scripture wise, but I don't think he was meaning it to be a teaching, it was related as a story of a difficult time in his life and actually off track of what he was teaching that Wednesday night.

Lilmiss - I side with you on this. Understanding it is one thing, but praying it is something else unfathomable. Although we're only here for a period of time that cannot even be made into a percentage of the eternity we have ahead, we're still here for many specific reasons, and giving up hope for the move of God in our own and our family's life is not one of them.

I am sorry. I didn't mean for this thread to cause strife and division. It's fine if any mod wants to close this down.

exactly a story of a difficult time ...

thank you for saying that, Mixolydian ... :D I just posted this huge long post and after it posted I see this one ... ^_^

if you want a thread shut down here is the best way ... go to your original post ... and next to the rep button is the red report button ... click it and ask for the thread to be closed ... bless you for knowing when enough is enough ...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.