Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
how do you folks become more humble in daily life?
I guess if we understood how the Lord of Glory emptied Himself to become a mere man (Philippians 2:6), then we'll begin to appreciate His humility as well. Peace in Christ :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess if we understood how the Lord of Glory emptied Himself to become a mere man (Philippians 2:6), then we'll begin to appreciate His humility as well. Peace in Christ :)
Philippians 2 is a wonderfully sobering reference point.

"Thus found in fashion as a man,
All blameless, spotless, pure,
He was obedient unto death,
Sin's judgment to endure."

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Philippians 2 is a wonderfully sobering reference point.

"Thus found in fashion as a man,
All blameless, spotless, pure,
He was obedient unto death,
Sin's judgment to endure."
Thank you my friend. Peace in Christ :).

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
1 Pet. 2:23 "and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously."

Trusting in Christ to defend you when you are accused is evidence that you believe you have a defender in heaven. You must let go of your personal judgments and let God judge all things. You must be honest with God, yourself, and others. Let God make you humble, don't try to be it yourself. Make love your top priority, not humility. Yet always humble yourself to God, since He is the ultimate Sovereign.
TD:)

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
good question. Pray to thank God for all blessings, being fed, secure, alive! It is developing a mentality of thankfulness. No matter what happens, still praising God. Praying with faith but never demanding anything. Certainly never being angry at God, who are we to dare do that?

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Continually renewing my mind on God's Word...such as:

Philippians 2:5-8
"Let the same mind be in you that was even in Christ Jesus,
Who being in the form of God, thought it no robbery to be equal with God:
But he made himself of no reputation, and took on him the form of a servant,
and was made like unto men, and was found in shape as a man.
He humbled himself, and became obedient unto the death,
even the death of the cross."

1 Peter 5:5
"Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another,

because God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Certainly never being angry at God, who are we to dare do that?

Well hey, if you're angry with God you could always tell him that, it does tend to be a humbling experience ! I know a woman who is angry with God and she won't admit it but her description is exactly that she is angry with Him, that in itself is not coming clean so a sort of pride I would think.. Wouldn't it actually be better to get that out and tell Him, then the Holy Spirit could minister to her ? She is very in the world, lost some loved ones, has had cancer problems in her own life and has severe alcohol trouble over it and doesn't know why God does this to her. I asked her about prayer, she said she does this ( made a sign of the cross across her front, not knowing what to call it) and says the Our Father and God doesn't answer her..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lastofall

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
✟30,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[for me anyway] it is a matter of realizing how unworthy and undeserving we truly are of receiving anything of the Lord: and we have examples of those that know this very thing, such as John the Baptist saying that he is unworthy even to stoop down and unloosen the Lord's shoe latches; or Peter saying to the Lord "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man O Lord"; or the centurion saying that he is unworthy that the Lord should enter under his roof; or Paul saying "I am less than the least of all saints". If we consider these, where then are we in deserving or worthiness?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums