Troubled times

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeee

Mar 8, 2002
✟596.00
Hi everyone. I haven't been on my computer for awhile so I missed a lot of topics that were discussed. Please forgive me if I repeat things....
As Catholics (which I am too) are you upset with how the Church is handling the sex abuse scandals? I would like to hear your opinions on this. Do you feel that Priests and Cardinals should be forced to leave their positions when they knew about Priests abusing kids, but did nothing? How do you feel about Priests just being transferred to other Churches when they sexually abuse kids? What about that Priest in California that was a founder of a group that encourages sex between men and boys? The other Priests and Cardinals knew about it, but did nothing... I would like to hear your feelings about this.... This troubles me very much.... I am very dissappointed and am losing faith in how our Church is run.... Hope

cheezit

Saved in 1976
Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
✟500.00
Faith
Baptist
I am not a Catholic. However, Catholic Priests or Cardinals are not above the law of the land. If they are guilty, they should pay for the crime just like anybody else would. As I said, I am not Catholic, but I don't think that being a priest or Cardinal or any other office in the church should be a license to brake the law.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.