• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Aug 21, 2017
Salem,Virginia
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am a sinner and I know that but I wish I was like jesus cause he has never sinned in his life. He goes straight to heaven but for me I am worried I will go to down stairs called hell. I have a severe problem with it. I need light in my life but its not shining on me. I don't know what to do. I want to yell out and cry but I got no tears I am completely emotionless. My eyes on like a desert and my feelings has been empty on me. I got no feeling I try to correct myself but all else is that I fail. I hate my life. I want to cry but I am just not that emotional. I feel like I am the only one on this forum who thinks that way. Even if I am a extrovert and I like being around people. I been though hospitals 11 times in my life. I also been to jail. Cause I picked fights with my dad and I will never going to forgive myself. He forgives me but I don't. I think no one is going to read this caused its so long. But if you do read it and understand it then I got someone out there who is trying to reach out for me. Hold my hand emotionally that will make things a little better. Or just to forget about me writing this.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am a sinner and I know that but I wish I was like jesus cause he has never sinned in his life. He goes straight to heaven but for me I am worried I will go to down stairs called hell. I have a severe problem with it. I need light in my life but its not shining on me. I don't know what to do. I want to yell out and cry but I got no tears I am completely emotionless. My eyes on like a desert and my feelings has been empty on me. I got no feeling I try to correct myself but all else is that I fail. I hate my life. I want to cry but I am just not that emotional. I feel like I am the only one on this forum who thinks that way. Even if I am a extrovert and I like being around people. I been though hospitals 11 times in my life. I also been to jail. Cause I picked fights with my dad and I will never going to forgive myself. He forgives me but I don't. I think no one is going to read this caused its so long. But if you do read it and understand it then I got someone out there who is trying to reach out for me. Hold my hand emotionally that will make things a little better. Or just to forget about me writing this.

:heart: We all sin. But we do have an Advocate Who advocates for us. We can't be just like Jesus, and He knows that. That is why He advocates for us and is soooo ready to forgive us. He LOVES you and He forgives you even if you have difficulty forgiving yourself. Jesus is the One Who holds your hand and is the Lifter of your head when you are downcast. Praying for you, brother (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We tend to think that loving Jesus is easy but loving others nearly impossible until we place that next to loving them as we love ourselves. Not so easy because to love Christ as our savior we have to see ourselves in need of a savior. Not so pretty to look at. Then we have to see the neighbour as being as sinful as the best of us, murderers liers and thiefs that our old nature can't seem to escape from w/o reliance on Him. Forgive yourself, forgive others because He keeps forgiving us even when we know not what we do.
That's what is meant by Christ's love for the church. Go and do likewise He says. Go and sin no more when you are aware. If not you have a mediator with Him.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got no feeling I try to correct myself but all else is that I fail.
It is good how you know you need to have feeling. But we need to be able to feel for others. At least, you know. And we can ask God for how He is able to have us become loving and kind and caring.

I feel like I am the only one on this forum who thinks that way.
Even if I am a extrovert and I like being around people.
So, if you are an extrovert, you can be different from others, in certain ways, but you are not the only one :)

Feeling alone and on your own is one of the torments of sin. It can be a fear but >

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

I picked fights with my dad and I will never going to forgive myself. He forgives me but I don't.
You say you will never forgive yourself. But you know this is wrong? If you do, this is good that you know this. So . . . of course, you and I are not perfectly loving, now. But God is the One able to change us.

So . . . don't judge by how you are now :)

I think no one is going to read this caused its so long.
It seems long to you, but you are an extrovert. And so, you might not be into thinking inside yourself and writing; so this short writing or yours has been a l - o - n - g project since you are maybe more into expressing yourself :)

But we need to share with people, loving and caring for them, not only using them to entertain us and give us attention. Or else, we will fly off and lose our temper when we don't get the pleasure we want. Love does not have us only using people.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

First, nobody can be Jesus, it's impossible for us because we are born with a sinning nature. Don't beat yourself up over that. You seem absolutely filled with a negative spirit so I recommend getting on your knees, lifting your arms up and sincerely praying to the Father to have the Holy Spirit come into your heart and heal you of this negativity. Remember, Jesus is our salvation and if we confess our sins and believe Jesus died and was resurrected WE WILL BE SAVED. It's not complicated.

Your negativity and hopeless feelings are a result from the evil one trying to deceive you so when you pray it's important to ask God to rid evil from you and to give your strength and courage to concur it. Also pray for peace and His guidance.

Having a relationship with Jesus is also something you want to work on. He's always with you, no matter how difficult life can be. Talk to Him! You may not hear Him right away, or think He's there but He is.

You'll be ok. Just keep praying and God will work on it! Let God deal with it and stay positive.

Upvote 0