Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
extreme couponers..... calling the cops when the store has rules, which any place of business can do. Refusing to leave politely when asked. That wasn't bright.

That store has obviously been hit hard by extreme couponers since they made rules specific to extreme couponing.

In a world where nutty people are news, extreme couponers win.. lol.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
extreme couponers..... calling the cops when the store has rules, which any place of business can do. Refusing to leave politely when asked. That wasn't bright.

That store has obviously been hit hard by extreme couponers since they made rules specific to extreme couponing.

In a world where nutty people are news, extreme couponers win.. lol.
I didn't hear anything about coupons, only buying with money.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't hear anything about coupons, only buying with money.

The cart says it all, and that's just honest.

An FYI is that when shopping, no one mentions having coupons until after everything is rung up and its time to pay.

But back to the cart. Normal people don't buy hundreds of loose bottles of water like that, your average shopper might buy a case or two at most, in a case and not a cartful of loose bottles, if they are buying in bulk.

There is a problem with people buying these fake coupons off the internet and then scamming stores. Lots of people have been put into jail over it in the last few years.

Stores have protected themselves from this buy putting limits on purchases. If you even have the appearance of a potential scammer (i.e. a cartful of water in single bottles like that instead of buying a case in bulk) they won't check you out. It just protects them from loss.. with the advent of people making and selling fake coupons that have no limits stores are protecting themselves.

And no one can blame them..

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The cart says it all, and that's just honest.

An FYI is that when shopping, no one mentions having coupons until after everything is rung up and its time to pay.

But back to the cart. Normal people don't buy hundreds of loose bottles of water like that, your average shopper might buy a case or two at most, in a case and not a cartful of loose bottles, if they are buying in bulk.

There is a problem with people buying these fake coupons off the internet and then scamming stores. Lots of people have been put into jail over it in the last few years.

Stores have protected themselves from this buy putting limits on purchases. If you even have the appearance of a potential scammer (i.e. a cartful of water in single bottles like that instead of buying a case in bulk) they won't check you out. It just protects them from loss.. with the advent of people making and selling fake coupons that have no limits stores are protecting themselves.

And no one can blame them..
The store manager said they only sold 10 bottles to each person so they weren't selling in bulk, which means all the bottles were loose on the shelves.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟685,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The store manager said they only sold 10 bottles to each person so they weren't selling in bulk, which means all the bottles were loose on the shelves.

The store manager simply told them the purchase limit (on that exact product) in accordance with store policy.

It doesn't mean there isn't some type of bulk purchase option at the store for a similar item. For example:

My husband likes those Arizona green tea, canned tea's. There are two buying options at our local store. We can buy it in single 20 ounce cans (I think that is the size, but can't remember off hand) OR, I can buy it in a 12-pack case of 12 ounce cans.

The larger cans are .99 cents each

The 12-pack case of smaller cans is just under $3.50 for the case of 12.

The savings is in buying it in bulk and not in the single cans - by far.

For most items, especially drinks, there is always a bulk option. It may not be the exact same size, and sometimes your slightly more limited as to flavors (although not always) but there are always bulk options for purchasing in stores like Tesco ... and they usually save you a decent amount of money..

That is why I said the cart said it all.

No normal shopper will fill a cart with single bottles like that. If they need a lot of water they will automatically go for the bulk option in order to save money, and just buy a case or two.

Stores who put limits in place, are normally stores that have been hit hard by couponers and lost money due to those fake coupons.

Upvote 0