Trip or gimmick? Commit your life to the Holy Spirit??

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there!

So we have a demonic tradition, that we sacrifice ourselves to Christ and "give our life" to Him - when what we should be doing is confessing - and then we "make Him" Lord - when what we should be doing is taking up or cross: that's fine (as long as we are not forcing others to do the same), but that we what do we do when it is the Holy Spirit (that we are committing to)? What power of forgiveness does the Holy Spirit manifest? What reckoning do we encounter, that should be ours from God?

To give you perspective: I prayed to God that the rest of my life be in service to the Holy Ghost and what happened next, I could in no way prepare for or anticipate. It blew my mind. Suddenly, I could see the conviction of the Holy Spirit all around me, my consciousness sorry of fused with *His*. Now I was no longer running from temptation, but was in pursuit of the Devil. I mean mentally: I was no longer afraid.

Do you think you can trust God, in this way? Is the power of the Holy Spirit not meant for today? Are we still powerless to the end of days? Or is this armour we should be putting on and keeping on, more or less with each new Day? I'm telling you, it is a living, breathing relationship, if you commit to being whatever He wants you to be,, until the end! Like actually face the truth that at the moment between life and death, the Holy Spirit wants you to rely on Him, until it's over. The key is to commit as much as you can, that is, confess your sin (your greatest obstacle), seek the righteousness of God (your truest faith) and balance the remaining judgement (your greatest temptation). If you have put your life on the line for the Holy Spirit, this will come naturally - you will actually stop thinking how vulnerable you are.

But back to demonic tradition: you cannot force the Holy Spirit to do anything; praying for it to be for life is not as important, as praying for it to be for today; the power will come as you learn to wait, until it was time to be obedient (in principle - selah).

I could say more, but I don't want to swamp you. Is it as trick, or a gimmick, or even a trip? You will have to decide. To decide you will have to try. To try you will have to trust in my experience. That's it.

I love you. I want for you to have the truth.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now I was no longer running from temptation, but was in pursuit of the Devil. I mean mentally: I was no longer afraid.

Do you think you can trust God, in this way? Is the power of the Holy Spirit not meant for today? Are we still powerless to the end of days? Or is this armour we should be putting on and keeping on, more or less with each new Day? I'm telling you, it is a living, breathing relationship, if you commit to being whatever He wants you to be,, until the end! Like actually face the truth that at the moment between life and death, the Holy Spirit wants you to rely on Him, until it's over. The key is to commit as much as you can, that is, confess your sin (your greatest obstacle), seek the righteousness of God (your truest faith) and balance the remaining judgement (your greatest temptation). If you have put your life on the line for the Holy Spirit, this will come naturally - you will actually stop thinking how vulnerable you are.

But back to demonic tradition: you cannot force the Holy Spirit to do anything; praying for it to be for life is not as important, as praying for it to be for today; the power will come as you learn to wait, until it was time to be obedient (in principle - selah).

I could say more, but I don't want to swamp you. Is it as trick, or a gimmick, or even a trip? You will have to decide. To decide you will have to try. To try you will have to trust in my experience. That's it.

I love you. I want for you to have the truth.

Think it to be best to take advice straight from the Bible
which says to flee from the devil.

We pursue good things, not bad things.

M

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Think it to be best to take advice straight from the Bible
which says to flee from the devil.
Oops! Were you thinking of this?
1 Corinthians 10:14. Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
Here is the OP:
James 4:7. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Upvote 0