He was in the beginning with God. John 1: 1-3

And the Word became flesh

and made his dwelling among us,
and we saw his glory,
the glory as of the Father’s only Son,
full of grace and truth

All things came to be through him,
and without him nothing came to be. John 1:14

I got Bible, so there's no need to quote it instead of answer or without any further explanation of your point of view

Upvote 0

Nux

Sep 20, 2020
Kingdom of this world
✟21,630.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus, the Son incarnate, is a Distinct Divine Person from the Father...

I'm fully agree with this particular claim. This is what Jesus was teaching about. He proved it by his words and deeds and also Father testified about him. But, I'm just curious, why do you need Trinity concept for such belief?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm fully agree with this particular claim. This is what Jesus was teaching about. He proved it by his words and deeds and also Father testified about him. But, I'm just curious, why do you need Trinity concept for such belief?

...to avoid polytheism.

• Winner
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

Nux

Sep 20, 2020
Kingdom of this world
✟21,630.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...to avoid polytheism.
Ok. I'll try to briefly explain what I've derived from Jesus' teaching. By his words and deeds, and the Father also testified that Jesus is true in any way, Jesus revealed to as that there are three divine persons, equal in their divinity:

1. Jahweh God, the Father

2. Jesus Christ, Son of God

3. The Holy Spirit

These three share the same divine attributes and none of them is less divine then others. Of course they are totally separate persons. Jahweh God has... like a leading role among them. He is the only true God, our God and the God of Jesus John 17:1-4 John 20:17. But that doesn't mean that Jesus is less divine. They are like father and son, who are equal by their nature, but have… like different roles and the father is greater than the son. And they are united in love because Matthew 3:17. Deeds of Jesus are perfect in the eyes of Jahweh, so Jahweh gave him everything that he himself possesses. It couldn't be possible if Jesus and Jahweh were of different nature. So Jahweh opens to Jesus all that he himself is doing and Jesus does it in the same manner. Because while completing the Father's works he was faithful even unto death, Jahweh through the work of the Holy Spirit, raised him up on the third day and now he is in the heaven at the right hand of the Father. He has the same honor like Jahweh, Jahweh gave us to Jesus and now we belong to him, he is by the right hand of Jahweh, Jesus will judge by the righteous judgement and will raise from the dead whoever he will. At his second coming he will destroy antichrist and all his army, imprison the devil, raise from the dead all who belong to him, and establish God’s kingdom on the Earth for 1000 years. Then at the end of 1000 years there will be one more revolt of the humankind deceived by the devil, and of course it will not succeed. Then will be judgement before the great white throne, the current Earth and Heaven will be no more, the rest of the dead will be risen and judged by their deeds, and all those whose names will not be found in the book of life of Jesus the Lamb of God will be thrown into the lake of fire together with hades, death and devil. Then God will create new Heaven and Earth, build there beautiful New Jerusalem and all who belong to God will live there eternally and both Jahweh and Jesus among them. Something like that. I omitted the role of the Holy Spirit just because otherwise it would take too much time. Holy Spirit now leads those who belong to Jesus, he teaches them, gives them power to testify about Jesus, and guides them into all the truth. At Jesus’ command he will raise them up and give them new spiritual imperishable bodies. Does it resemble polytheism?

Last edited:
Reactions: TedT
Upvote 0

TedT

Member since Job 38:7
Jan 11, 2021
Vancouver Island
✟85,846.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. Jahweh God, the Father

2. Jesus Christ, Son of God

3. The Holy Spirit

very good...but please consider that it might be
1. The Father
2. The Son
3. The Holy Spirit

whose name for themselves as the UNITY of their Divine attributes is YHWH, ie, GOD.

Upvote 0

Nux

Sep 20, 2020
Kingdom of this world
✟21,630.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
whose name for themselves as the UNITY of their Divine attributes is YHWH, ie, GOD.

It's obvious that Jahweh is the name of the person and not of some "unity of attributes". Jesus revealed himself to us as the Son of God. It means that God is his father. Jesus used words "God" and "Father" interchangeably, so it means that Jahweh God who revealed himself to Israel is the Father of Jesus and Jesus is his only Son. This is the essence of gospel. Just read it paying careful attention to these matters and you'll see by yourself. John in his gospel transmits that message in a most perfect way.

Upvote 0

Reluctant Theologian

אַבְרָהָם
Jul 13, 2021
ZH
✟71,074.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
very good...but please consider that it might be
1. The Father
2. The Son
3. The Holy Spirit

I don't think that is the case, the readings in the OT and NT cause least conflict with the understanding that YHWH = God the Father; and Jesus is his Son (yet pre-existing before birth, god in functional sense) and the agent/delegate through which God the Father acts and speaks.

Nowhere in the Bible do we find the phrase 'God the Son' (that's a later theological construct), and neither God the Father or the Holy Spirit are persons - as many modern statements of Faith based on the 6th century so-called 'Athanasian' creed (but not written by Athanasius) state. Any modern English dictionary tells us a person is a human being; of the three only Jesus is a human being.

Reading the OT and NT with that 6th century 'Athanasian' understanding of God causes more problems than it solves.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere in the Bible do we find the phrase 'God the Son' (that's a later theological construct), and neither God the Father or the Holy Spirit are persons - as many modern statements of Faith based on the 6th century so-called 'Athanasian' creed (but not written by Athanasius) state. Any modern English dictionary tells us a person is a human being; of the three only Jesus is a human being.

At Jesus Baptism;

"And a voice came from the heavens, saying, “This is my beloved Son,* with whom I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17

And of course Jesus was condemned to death because;

"For this reason the Jews tried all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the sabbath but he also called God his own father, making himself equal to God." John 5:18

And Later;

"But Jesus was silent. Then the high priest said to him, “I order you to tell us under oath before the living God whether you are the Messiah, the Son of God.” Jesus said to him in reply, “You have said so.? Matthew 26:63-64

Upvote 0

Nux

Sep 20, 2020
Kingdom of this world
✟21,630.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I order you to tell us under oath before the living God whether you are the Messiah, the Son of God.
Words "God the Son" and "Son of God" although they look similar at a first glance transmit different idea.
"God the Son" - Son is the second "person" of one God according to Trinity doctrine.
"Son of God" - Jesus is the only Son of God the Father to whom God gave all that belongs to him. This is what Jesus revealed to us and he told nothing about "God the Son".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums