Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One God~The Father The Son The Holy Spirit~One God

The Trinity

Christianity One God

So? Do you have a different viewpoint? Please explain yourself.

Reactions: sethrak
Upvote 0

carrwinn

Sep 30, 2016
Usa
✟16,831.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One God~The Father The Son The Holy Spirit~One God

The Trinity

Christianity One God
The Bible states that God-Yahweh Jehovah is " the most high over all the earth."Psalm 83:18
Jesus is the son of God.(John 3:16) Jesus taught his disciples to pray to his Father.(Matthew 6:9,10)
The holy spirit is God's active force.It is not a person but power emanating from God the Father.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The holy spirit is God's active force.It is not a person but power emanating from God the Father.
You can't grieve an active force. An active force cannot teach. I suggest you read the bible more carefully.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
The Bible states that God-Yahweh Jehovah is " the most high over all the earth."Psalm 83:18
Jesus is the son of God.(John 3:16) Jesus taught his disciples to pray to his Father.(Matthew 6:9,10)

Can I ask, are you a Jehovah's Witness?

I noticed you referenced Scripture for Jesus being the Son of God (agreed) and teaching his disciples to pray to the Father (also agreed). Yet nothing backing up the claim that the Holy Spirit isn't a person. Yet the Bible says he can be grieved, he makes choices, he guides and teaches. Spirits in the Bible are not "forces". While it's true sometimes things are personified, this is not the case with spirits. I know the Watchtower teaches that evil spirits are real, right? Why? In what way are they different from the Holy Spirit (aside from the source obviously)? If they are persons, with all the attributes of personhood, why not the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

Genesis Fishing

Feb 8, 2018
Houston
✟17,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In John 15:26-27, we see that the Holy Spirit’s identity is established as part of the trinity rather than a force. The Holy Spirit is refered to as an advocate, and as the spirit of truth. We also see the use of “whom” and “he”.
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:26-27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
But what does truth mean in this aspect? Well we know that God’s word is truth. Also the word is God. We know this from John1:1
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0