john14_20

...you in me and I in you
Dec 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟1,006.00
Faith
Protestant
Nice post Ben - Jesus was and is fully God. This point was hotly debated in the early years, culminating in the council of Nicea in 325 AD. The creed to come out of that states that Jesus is 'homoousios' with the Father, meaning of the same substance. Even the belief that Jesus was 'homoiousios' with the Father, meaning of similar substance, was totally unacceptable.

Blessings to all, Pete. :)

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by Live4Jesus
However He also says that He and His Father are ONE. 

Husband and wife are also supposed to be one, but that doesn't mean that you are one person or entity.

My wife's name is Angie, and my name is Steve... we are one in marriage.  She is now Steve?  Nope.  Read the context in John where He says they are one and maybe you'll understand it a little better.  Jesus can only be the Son of God or the Father, if you say He's both you're making Him out to be schitzophrenic to people on the outside who do not believe.  That's not good.  People for years have not been satisifed with worshipping one God, so they always made up more, and the same thing happens today.

It really comes down to an excuse to sin.

If you believe Jesus was God, then hey, it takes God the Creator of all to be sin free, so I can live as I please and do my OWN will and that's okay now, because God had to be His own sacrifice.  I'm incapable of being sinfree so I can sin all I want and was forgiven almost 2000 years ago.

OR Jesus was a man conceived without sin and God really was His Father and He completely did the will of His Father and remained sin free throughout His life and became the perfect sacrifice of sins for all mankind and a a perfect example that you CAN live a righteous life if you DO THE WILL OF GOD and not your OWN will.

Jesus had the authority of God on earth, but instead of destroying the wicked with that power he forgave us with love and became the Son of Man worthy of being the Lamb of God.

Jesus referred to Himself mostly as Son of Man.  Why?  I believe because even though He was the Son of the living God, He was also proud to be a man.  He loved us, He loved people and He died for us.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by Ben johnson
Excellent post, Live4Jesus! :)
Yes, He can. In one sense, He was "the begotten Son of God"---in the sense that He was born of Mary. But He had no beginning, always existed; Jesus is the CREATOR. So in a second sensse, His Humanity was only APPEARANCE---see Philip2:8 (context). Oh Jesus was FULLY HUMAN, but was made LIKE the Son of God (Heb7:3).

You have a dual nature---you are both flesh, and spirit. Jesus also was flesh, and Spirit---but His Spirit was DIVINE.

One God, existing in three separate persons. Picture a glass of icewater---water, ice, vapor; yet the ice becomes water becomes vapor, and the Father cannot become the Son cannot become the Spirit.

One "ENTITY", three persons who absolutely can talk to each other...

:)

Instead of Ice water for your example, most people use an egg.  The shell, the egg-white and the yolk.  Just thought I'd help :)

Upvote 0

Live4Jesus

Dec 31, 2002
VA
Visit site
✟1,365.00
Well I would agree with this:

Jesus is FULLY FULLY God. "In Him the fullness of the Godhead dwells IN BODILY FORM." Col2:9.

But still Jesus is God the Son, not God the Father. I would also agree that he had and has a divine nature.

You have to meet him. Why don't yu ask. beg scream cry out. I did he showed up.

He's God. But he's God the Son.

Some people say that when Abraham took Isaac up to the mountain to slay him, that it was representative of what would happen with God's own son Jesus down the line, I also agree with that. And probably they were both watching...

Then of course there is the Holy Spirit which is another spirit of God again... I do see him being left out of this conversation...

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Blackhawk

Also it seems to me that in this post you are assuming that since the Trinitarians can't explain the trinity then somehow it is wrong. However there is much that you cna't explain to me about God but somehow that is okay. right? Also if God is God would you not think that His attributes would be beyond our comprehension as a whole. I mean wouldn't you think that we would not be able to fully understand God's nature and attributes.

Forget it.....my bad. :D

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by MsAnne
Your questions are valid. I can't help but feel an air of antagonism, but valid nonetheless.

We cannot place God into our finite way of thinking. Even your/our God of the Old Testament (the same God as ours in the New Testament) is far too vast to truly comprehend.

Can I make the trinity fit into my finite brain? No
Can I truly grasp eternity? No
Can I fully understand God's omnipotence? Not really

Do I know that I know that I know He is very real and His Word is true? Beyond ANY doubt . . . . . YES

Do you believe God's word?  If you did, you would reject the trinity! 

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.