Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two spirits or one?

I have my own mind and heart yes?
Yes, but it should be filled with, and transformed by God's spirit.
miknik5 said:
When I die and am brought into HIS PRESENCE, will i as a separate stand alone entity (a soul) still have my own (heart and mind/spirit)apart from?
When you die, you will be dead. When you are resurrected, brought back to life, you will be you. Your spirit/mind will still be your spirit/mind ... but it should be filled with, and transformed by God's spirit.

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And are two separate entities?
Absolutely.
miknik5 said:
"IT?"
Jesus addressed the comforter as HE
That's a poor English translation. The spirit isn't an entity, it is God's mind, and the power produced by God's mind.
miknik5 said:
HE the SON shed forth what?
Read the text.
miknik5 said:
You don't know how many entities are Heaven besides the angelic creatures? Yet, David is not one of those entities as the scripture which you pointed out states. At least not in the same fashion as JESUS. correct?
John 3:13 .. NO MAN hath ascended up to heaven, except the son of man ..

miknik5 said:
So it is only JESUS and THE FATHER as separate entities in Heaven
I don't know how many entities there are in heaven, counting all the angelic creatures, but Jesus and his God are certainly there
miknik5 said:
So whose SPIRIT is poured out upon those who believe?

Jesus?
Or the Father's?
I already answered this question. What is your point?

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you die, you will be dead. When you are resurrected, brought back to life, you will be you. Your spirit/mind will still be your spirit/mind ... but it should be filled with, and transformed by God's spirit.
This doesn't answer the question

How many holy spirits are poured out upon those who believe in THE SON for LIFE?

You have implied that Christ Jesus is separate fron THE FATHER?

When HE said HE and THE FATHER are ONE and went even farther to say he who has seen me has seen the father

And this HE claimed even before HE was crucified

That whoever has seen HIM has seen THE FATHER

That's a very strong claim

Can you or I or any man claim that?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dartman said:
This doesn't answer the question
Of course it does. You asked; I have my own mind and heart yes?
My reply answers YOUR question.

miknik5 said:
How many holy spirits are poured out upon those who believe in THE SON for LIFE?
One. God's spirit.

miknik5 said:
You have implied that Christ Jesus is separate from THE FATHER?

When HE said HE and THE FATHER are ONE and went even farther to say he who has seen me has seen the father
Jesus ALSO said ALL the believers are ONE, and we know we are separate entities. You are just choosing to be blind to the truth of this. Jesus said "my Father is greater than I", AND he said the Father commanded him what to say, that the words/logos Jesus spoke are NOT HIS words/logos. They most CERTAINLY are separate entities, and are ONE in purpose, in spirit, in will, BECAUSE Jesus perfectly serves his God.

miknik5 said:
And this HE claimed even before HE was crucified

That whoever has seen HIM has seen THE FATHER

That's a very strong claim

Can you or I or any man claim that?
Of course...... just not as perfectly as Jesus.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course it does. You asked; I have my own mind and heart yes?
My reply answers YOUR question.

One. God's spirit.

Jesus ALSO said ALL the believers are ONE, and we know we are separate entities. You are just choosing to be blind to the truth of this. Jesus said "my Father is greater than I", AND he said the Father commanded him what to say, that the words/logos Jesus spoke are NOT HIS words/logos. They most CERTAINLY are separate entities, and are ONE in purpose, in spirit, in will, BECAUSE Jesus perfectly serves his God.

Of course...... just not as perfectly as Jesus.
Can you breathe into another person and say "receive the Holy Spirit?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is quite a bit more you'll have to explain

CHRIST said

I will send you another comforter who will be with you forever even the SPIRIT of TRUTH...I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you and lo I am with you even to the end of the ages

What did he mean

Another thing HE said which requires clarification:

If you love me my father will love you and we will come and make our home with you

What did he mean?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a 3rd attempt to start a thread, in a part of the site that will allow discussions about the validity of the trinity. St Worm2 asked me to start this thread, so that we could discuss the issue in an appropriate thread, according to Forum guidelines.
So, to kick things off ... I have copied a portion of a previous post;

Please explain John 20:17, and Rev 3:12, in that Jesus CLEARLY states he has a God!
Please explain John 4:22, in that Jesus CLEARLY states he worships the God of the Jews!

I've read through only a little of this and I notice Jane has been answering you. I would like to look at the three passages you gave and them some.

John 4
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

The 'we' includes who? There were many different sects of Jews at that time and he seems to be rejecting the sect who was in control of the Temple. These Jews reject the Father,

*John 16
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

They had merged the Father El with Yahweh and were worshiping "the daughter of a strange god" Mal 2. It was they who sent out Paul to round up the Christians to kill thus fulfilling Jesus prophecy.

The 'we' meant those who had become his disciples.

John 1 "Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God/El; thou art the King of Israel/ Yahweh."

This sect of Jews retained the original understand of a Father and Son relationship and so it was easy for them to accept Jesus as Yahweh and the Messiah. Jesus was teaching this Samarian woman of the Father and telling her it was time to worship him as they did in the past.

*John 20
“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God….. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

Rev 3
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

And lets add Heb 1
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And 2Sam2:22
2 And he said, The Lord/Yahweh/Jesus is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust:

There are others but this aught to be enough. This is why I have rejected the idea of the Trinity. It’s just not logical that one can be their own God.

What is missing in the Trinity argument is the concept of agent, Jesus / Yahweh is the agent of the Father thus speaks as if he was the Father and that is the confusion in the Old Testament.

The Encyclopedia of the Jewish Religion:
Agent (Heb. Shaliah): The main point of the Jewish law of agency is expressed in the dictum, “a person’s agent is regarded as the person himself” (Ned. 72b; Kidd. 41b). Therefore any act committed by a duly appointed agent is regarded as having been committed by the principal, who therefore bears full responsibility for it with consequent complete absence of liability on the part of the agent.

That is what the John 5 argument was about.

“17 ¶ But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

They didn’t actually believe in a Father God except in the concept that Yahweh and El were one being much like the Trinity so they perceived Jesus was calling himself God.

But Jesus corrects them and says;

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise….”

There are some deeper meanings to that but he was telling them I am not equal to the Father but act as his agent.

“ 30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.”

These two have separate wills however the will of the Son is swallowed up in the will of the Father.

John 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

And so I reject “the validity of the trinity.”

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you breathe into another person and say "receive the Holy Spirit?
I am assuming you don't mean this the way you typed it.
The way you typed it, the answer is yes, but only if they are willing.
I think what you MEAN is, could I do this, and expect a miracle to result!
The answer to that is no.
Nor, can I spit on dirt, mix it up and cure blindness with the mud ... just to randomly pick another example.
Jesus couldn't either, UNTIL his God sent HIS spirit upon Jesus.
Your entire line of questioning here isn't productive, so can you please make a point?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is quite a bit more you'll have to explain

CHRIST said

I will send you another comforter who will be with you forever even the SPIRIT of TRUTH...I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you and lo I am with you even to the end of the ages

What did he mean
He meant the following;
Jesus was leaving the planet, and the apostles, in just a few days.
Jesus was going to "pray the Father, and He will give you another comforter", which would teach them "all things whatsoever I have said".
Jesus is going to return, and resurrect the apostles, and all the other righteous, and then be with them forever.

miknik5 said:
Another thing HE ssudvehich requires clarification:

If you love me my father will love you and we will come sndcmdjebour home with you

What did he mean?
Jesus is returning, and reigning with the righteous for more than 1,000 years. THEN, his God, Jehovah/YHVH God, is going to join the righteous, (including Jesus), and Jesus and his God will dwell on the earth, with the righteous forever. Rev 21 and 22

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read through only a little of this and I notice Jane has been answering you. I would like to look at the three passages you gave and them some.

John 4
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

The 'we' includes who? There were many different sects of Jews at that time and he seems to be rejecting the sect who was in control of the Temple. These Jews reject the Father,

*John 16
2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

They had merged the Father El with Yahweh and were worshiping "the daughter of a strange god" Mal 2. It was they who sent out Paul to round up the Christians to kill thus fulfilling Jesus prophecy.

The 'we' meant those who had become his disciples.

John 1 "Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God/El; thou art the King of Israel/ Yahweh."

This sect of Jews retained the original understand of a Father and Son relationship and so it was easy for them to accept Jesus as Yahweh and the Messiah. Jesus was teaching this Samarian woman of the Father and telling her it was time to worship him as they did in the past.

*John 20
“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God….. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

Rev 3
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

And lets add Heb 1
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And 2Sam2:22
2 And he said, The Lord/Yahweh/Jesus is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust:

There are others but this aught to be enough. This is why I have rejected the idea of the Trinity. It’s just not logical that one can be their own God.

What is missing in the Trinity argument is the concept of agent, Jesus / Yahweh is the agent of the Father thus speaks as if he was the Father and that is the confusion in the Old Testament.

The Encyclopedia of the Jewish Religion:
Agent (Heb. Shaliah): The main point of the Jewish law of agency is expressed in the dictum, “a person’s agent is regarded as the person himself” (Ned. 72b; Kidd. 41b). Therefore any act committed by a duly appointed agent is regarded as having been committed by the principal, who therefore bears full responsibility for it with consequent complete absence of liability on the part of the agent.

That is what the John 5 argument was about.

“17 ¶ But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

They didn’t actually believe in a Father God except in the concept that Yahweh and El were one being much like the Trinity so they perceived Jesus was calling himself God.

But Jesus corrects them and says;

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise….”

There are some deeper meanings to that but he was telling them I am not equal to the Father but act as his agent.

“ 30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.”

These two have separate wills however the will of the Son is swallowed up in the will of the Father.

John 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

And so I reject “the validity of the trinity.”
I agree with your conclusion!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am assuming you don't mean this the way you typed it.
The way you typed it, the answer is yes, but only if they are willing.
I think what you MEAN is, could I do this, and expect a miracle to result!
The answer to that is no.
Nor, can I spit on dirt, mix it up and cure blindness with the mud ... just to randomly pick another example.
Jesus couldn't either, UNTIL his God sent HIS spirit upon Jesus.
Your entire line of questioning here isn't productive, so can you please make a point?
when did HIS FATHER send HIS SPIRIT upon JESUS?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when did HIS FATHER send HIS SPIRIT upon JESUS?
After Jesus' baptism.
Matthew 3:16
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like adove, and lighting upon him:

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gabriel declared JESUS holy by reason of THE HOLY SPIRIT

And John didn't want to baptize Jesus

You see, John saw the vision of the Holy Spirit upon HIM before he baptized HIM

It's why he said, you cone to me?
It is you who should baptize me....

That's why CHRIST said let it be for now, it is right to fulfill all righteousness

John knew this was the lamb prior to baptism

Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gabriel declared JESUS holy by reason of THE HOLY SPIRIT
Your statement doesn't match Gabriel's. Gabriel declared Jesus would be a "holy thing".
miknik5 said:
And John didn't want to baptize Jesus

You see, John saw the vision of the Holy Spirit upon HIM before he baptized HIM
Yes, John saw a vision of what was about to happen ..... not a vision of what had already happened.

You have made some erroneous assumptions, rather than reading carefully.

Luke records this statement, when Jesus was about 12 years old;
Luke 2:40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

So, Jesus' spirit "waxed strong".

Later Luke writes;
Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

You see, the Scriptures describe a very different "Jesus" than you seem to be professing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so things happen in earth before they happen in heaven? but you believe in a weird way, you think that reality is this universe rather than this universe being an shoot sprouting out of reality.

it seems that you think Jesus started to exist when he was born and yet that is not the full truth.

God inspires the bible without a doubt but for some reason christians think that God inspired the bible and they forget that humans wrote the bible. then they say "humans did not write it, God wrote it" and that is true and yet not the full truth.

to think that a legalistic action that is meant to be a symbol is instead the reality is one of the biggest problems Christians have in this world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your statement doesn't match Gabriel's. Gabriel declared Jesus would be a "holy thing".

What does "to be born" mean?

Gabriel declared "that holy thing"
to be born Gabriel declared HIM
holy Prior to HIS birth
Should I supply all the versions of Luke 1:35 that show exactly what Gabriel declared concerning this holy thing in answer to Mary's question on how is this possible since she has never been with a man?

dartmsn said:
Yes, John saw a vision of what was about to happen ..... not a vision of what had already happened.
Nope

I did not know HIM John said but the ONE who sent me said THE ONE on whom you see THE HOLY SPIRIT remain is HE who will baptize with THE HOLY SPIRIT. This John testified to concerning Jesus when the Pharisees asked him if he(John) was THE CHRIST

dartman said:
You have made some erroneous assumptions, rather than reading carefully.
No. I haven't

Show me the scripture which shows that I am in error regarding what is said about HIS being Holy prior to HIS birth and John receiving the vision first before seeing THE ONE on whom the spirit would remain

GOD told John that this would be the sign that this would be how John would know HIM

Show me where John had a vision first and not as it is written that GOD told John beforehand of the sign he would receiv for him to know THE ONE who would baptize with the HOLY SPIRIT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Notice, we are 7 pages into this thread, and STILL not one single passage has been produced that explains, teaches or preaches ANY tenet unique to the 'trinity'.
(Hint: there aren't any.)

I would like to know why exactly you are against the idea of the trinity. is it because God does not state very clearly for you in john4 3:65 "I am a Trinity". ?

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so things happen in earth before they happen in heaven?
What are you talking about? If you don't mind, including a quote of any point you wish to address, REALLY is helpful.

Noxot said:
but you believe in a weird way, you think that reality is this universe rather than this universe being an shoot sprouting out of reality.
Why is that weird??? Jehovah/YHVH God Himself authorizes us to use the "reality" test; Deut 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken ...
Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Noxot said:
it seems that you think Jesus started to exist when he was born and yet that is not the full truth.
Some how, your assertion, completely devoid of ANY shred of evidence, just doesn't seem persuasive ..... even a tiny bit.
Reality contradicts you, and not one single verse states your case.

Upvote 0