Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In all its years, its founder, Robert De Niro had taken a hand's off approach as to what was shown or not, leaving such decisions to the screening committees. This year, he broke his protocol and had scheduled Andrew Wakefield's "documetary" Vaxxed to be shown, bypassing selecting judges.
3/25/2016 Statement from Robert De Niro, co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival, regarding VAXXED at the Festival:

“Grace and I have a child with autism and we believe it is critical that all of the issues surrounding the causes of autism be openly discussed and examined. In the 15 years since the Tribeca Film Festival was founded, I have never asked for a film to be screened or gotten involved in the programming. However this is very personal to me and my family and I want there to be a discussion, which is why we will be screening VAXXED. I am not personally endorsing the film, nor am I anti-vaccination; I am only providing the opportunity for a conversation around the issue.”
But then word got out and TFF's comment page was filled with sarcastic comments and criticism of the dishonesty of Wakefield and Brian Hooker. Even Rep. Posey got into the act to try to persuade De Niro to keep the film on schedule, but reason prevailed and the film was pulled.
UPDATE: 3/26/2016 Statement from Robert De Niro, co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival, regarding VAXXED at the Festival:

“My intent in screening this film was to provide an opportunity for conversation around an issue that is deeply personal to me and my family. But after reviewing it over the past few days with the Tribeca Film Festival team and others from the scientific community, we do not believe it contributes to or furthers the discussion I had hoped for.

The Festival doesn’t seek to avoid or shy away from controversy. However, we have concerns with certain things in this film that we feel prevent us from presenting it in the Festival program. We have decided to remove it from our schedule.”

The subject was supposedly the "CDC whistleblower" William Thompson and the "coverup" he "exposed". That is covered very well here and here (with links to the actual documents in question).

For the Trailer:

Reactions: cow451

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status