United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I know we will all have trials in life to test our faith and make us more holy and all those other things that Jesus mentions in the Bible. But is it possible that trails will go on until death? I'm not talking trials as a whole. I'm talking about specific trials that never get resolved and go on and on for decades. My mother's life and my life has been nothing but either a series of trials (one popping up after another) and very few of them ever go away or get resolved. We arise from bed daily wishing we were still asleep and we despair of living every day of our life. I tell you truly there is very little in life that we enjoy anymore. I'm wondering if I should just continue to pray that God will grant us deliverance or relief from our trails or if I should just stop praying for that altogether?

I promise I'm not being overly dramatic. But I don't want to type out our life's sad story on one thread. It is very long and very sad.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it is more than possible. An unfortunately large percentage of the world's population is in this situation. However, how we handle it is greatly affected by how it is viewed in our culture. In the U.S., sharing serious, long-term troubles with anyone but the closest of friends is something that is impolite and usually not done. We even hide such things from good family members and fail to receive the love they have for us, which can transform (some) horrible things into moderate trouble, and moderate trouble into barely any trouble at all.

There's all kinds of hurts that can happen to someone early in their lives that take 40 or more years to heal from. Other terrible things keep happening to some continue to afflict people all their lives and they have no chance to heal. In response to trusting God and clinging to him through these kinds of things, God grants strength (so it becomes more manageable after 15-25 years) and huge eternal reward (which I picture as the glory of God not being able to be kept in check and bursting forth into this life, such as before Stephen was dragged out of the city to be stoned).

But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” (Acts 7:55-56, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry that live is a constant trial.
It must be very draining to always have to strive.

There are no promises in the bible that we will have a comfortable life.
In fact the opposite is promised.

All I can do is encourage you to look to your saviour, both as an example ofhow to endure suffering and as a promised hope of eventual release from suffering.

Upvote 0

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many of us have trials. It rains on the just and the unjust.
Our trials would truly feel multiplied, if not for the grace and goodness of our Lord. I can't imagine facing one day without Him to see me through.
His grace is sufficient. In Him we have our blessed hope of a day without sorrow or pain.
I pray your burdens be lifted, that the Love of God would envelope you.

Upvote 0