• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trial and Tribulations

Discussion in 'For New Christians' started by Mandy, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    As Christians we all will go through trials, tribulation, and temptations. One thing we can count on to give us strength, endurance, and victory, is our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

1Peter 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

1Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

1Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Romans 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
    Romans 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
    Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
    Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Da Berkshire Massive

Da Berkshire Massive New Member

+0
    Hmmm look out for a long thread- I know only too well about this! No I'm not being big-headed, just been through hell on earth!

3. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    I too know about this all to well! I think it is important to understand these things which every Christian experiences. Post away!

4. Dave Ulchers

Dave Ulchers Active Member

+0
    Suffering isn't in and of itself good. It is suffering for being righteous which is blessed.

5. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    But when I have suffered because the Lord was disciplining me, that's when I was blessed the most!

By causing or allowing my suffering, He was exposing my sin to me! That gave me the opportunity and motive to repent and be restored, and taught me all about why the cross was necessary.

6. Mandy

Mandy Well-Known Member

+7
    Trials, tribulation, and yes suffering for righteousness sake or because of our sins, help us to grow in our walk with the Lord. These things often bring us to a place of humility and dependence on God.

7. soulsisterclaire

soulsisterclaire JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME

+0
    I am reminded of a Bible verse that speaks of our suffering through trials as a way to help others that will go through the same thing. In other words, when I have suffered I am better equipped to help those that suffer also.

I can not find this Bible verse! Anybody :help:

8. Da Berkshire Massive

+0
    I'll post all that I went through/ though still not ended yet, when I get a chance sometime over the weekend- it will takes ages to write!

9. soulsisterclaire

soulsisterclaire JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME

+0
    Haven't seen you post in awhile. Glad to see you back. Hope you are doing okay. I will pray for you. :wave:

10. Da Berkshire Massive

+0
    Hi ya SSC!

I've been around, lurking in the background hehe!
    It depends whether there is something that interests me and whether I am in the mood to post.
    Tonight I am tired :sleep: so don't feel like writing a lot of stuff, just messing about!
    I start a new job next week- the first work I have since finshing my degree- just temporary work til I can get a graduate job, so I probably won't be around so much ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.