Trekkies help me out here

~Lady Trekki~

Waiting On God...And Putting My Trust In Him!
Apr 29, 2005
Visit site
✟61,796.00
So your talking about the Defiant from DS9 right? Or are you talking about the mirror universe defiant? Hee Hee! That's a tough little ship too...

Have you guys seen the last couple eps of Enterprise? The mirror universe is certainly a lot different than normal. I don't know if I like it or not really...it's not normal trek for me. There's no good guys who come in to save the day. Of course, maybe if there was a season five they could work that in huh?

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
~Lady Trekki~ said:
So your talking about the Defiant from DS9 right? Or are you talking about the mirror universe defiant? Hee Hee! That's a tough little ship too...

Have you guys seen the last couple eps of Enterprise? The mirror universe is certainly a lot different than normal. I don't know if I like it or not really...it's not normal trek for me. There's no good guys who come in to save the day. Of course, maybe if there was a season five they could work that in huh?

Regular universe definately. I wouldn't want any torture booths on my ship.

I really can't get into "Enterprise" as regular trek. I think it was a mistake to try and go back into history. Trek should always be moving forward IMHO.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Telrunya said:
Regular universe definately. I wouldn't want any torture booths on my ship.

I really can't get into "Enterprise" as regular trek. I think it was a mistake to try and go back into history. Trek should always be moving forward IMHO.
So you wouldn't watch a Trek show about Zephram Cochrane? I like what Enterpise did with the "past" storyline, even if they did take a few liberties with the timeline. Example, Borg Sphere on Earth! Well, that was a spinoff of First Contact...

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
WalksWithChrist said:
So you wouldn't watch a Trek show about Zephram Cochrane? I like what Enterpise did with the "past" storyline, even if they did take a few liberties with the timeline. Example, Borg Sphere on Earth! Well, that was a spinoff of First Contact...

I'm fine with a "past" storyline, just not an entire show. I loved "Trials and Tribble-ations" and "Past Tense 1&2" I just dont think Star Trek should set an entire show in the past for a couple of reasons. 1) time line. 2) is tech 3) is aliens. Both of these are limiting factors. If they get an idea to introduce new tech or new alien in the "past" show, then it kinda robs from the "future" shows. "Why didn't Kirk know that using a cross wired Christmas tree in the quantum flux phasers would be a sure way to beat the Andorians? Thats how Archer did it." type thing.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Telrunya said:
I'm fine with a "past" storyline, just not an entire show. I loved "Trials and Tribble-ations" and "Past Tense 1&2" I just dont think Star Trek should set an entire show in the past for a couple of reasons. 1) time line. 2) is tech 3) is aliens. Both of these are limiting factors. If they get an idea to introduce new tech or new alien in the "past" show, then it kinda robs from the "future" shows. "Why didn't Kirk know that using a cross wired Christmas tree in the quantum flux phasers would be a sure way to beat the Andorians? Thats how Archer did it." type thing.
Well, I'll say this for the tech point. I was awed the first time Enterprise tested those phase cannons! Time line...good point, but I have come to see it as a lot of fun to monkey with the time line and drive the hard-core Trekkie geeks insane. = ) And about the aliens, that's really been a selling point of Enterprise for me. I have a much greater afinity for the Andorians now than I ever did before. I just love their antenae!!! And the Tellarites too, even tho they're ugly. Oh, and the Romulans! Ok, rambling session complete. WWC out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

The irony is we are actually living in the mirror universe.

There was a Federation thousands of years ago. We are the Terrans who eventually lost to the Alliance and they kept us "prisoners" on planet Earth except for a very select few they may deem useful to their agenda. They carefully monitor our tech progress to see we never invent technologies that could pose any threat to them. They managed to keep us ignorant by meddling with historical records, mass deception, and using the mass media and other things to waste your time and keep you from ever being useful to things that actually matter.

The fiction is here to give you the illusion it never happened.

Upvote 0