Trekkie Trivia (6)

P

pointman7a

Stevelee44 said:
It's hard finding questions. I like to answer them but not give questions. But here is one:

This is very hard one, maybe. Where did Gene Roddenberry come up with the Vulcan Salute. What is it's Origin?

I saw this during an interview with Leonard Nimoy. I think he said it was from a gesture given by Israel's high priest during some ceremony using both hands lifted up in reverence to God. Symbolizing by making the signs of hebrew letters representing God. Im not sure of which letter.

Upvote 0

Stevelee44

Mar 23, 2012
Stanton, California
✟7,955.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I saw this during an interview with Leonard Nimoy. I think he said it was from a gesture given by Israel's high priest during some ceremony using both hands lifted up in reverence to God. Symbolizing by making the signs of hebrew letters representing God. Im not sure of which letter.

Awesome. I didn't know alot of people saw this. That is right. The Vulcan Salute is the name of God (YHWH).

Now someone ask a question.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married

Awesome. I didn't know alot of people saw this. That is right. The Vulcan Salute is the name of God (YHWH).

Now someone ask a question.
Read I Am Spock by Leonard Nimoy if you haven't. I believe he talks about this in the book. And it's a wonderful book.

Amazon.com: I Am Spock (9780786889105): Leonard Nimoy: Books

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who were the aliens in Star Trek: Insurrection who were a break-off race from the Ba'Ku who wanted revenge on their families for exiling them years ago? F. Murray Abraham played their leader, Ru'afo.....

Upvote 0
P

pointman7a

gurneyhalleck1 said:
Who were the aliens in Star Trek: Insurrection who were a break-off race from the Ba'Ku who wanted revenge on their families for exiling them years ago? F. Murray Abraham played their leader, Ru'afo.....

Son'a
F. Murray Abraham was also in"Scarface"
There planet was located in Briar Patch. Who gave it that name and why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

pointman7a

Yes!

And you read my book?:blush:

Yep, started it the other night.It's great Thanks!...it seems word for word from the TV episode with some additional written thoughts from the characters. Gives it a different perspective on reading their thoughts. Is that the purpose of re-writing from TV scripts? like a enhanced version.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it was like the metaphasic radiation and remnants of supernovae in the area made it extremely dangerous to navigate through. You could only go on impulse power through it. Communications are funky inside it and it's thick like a briar patch? That's my feeble rememberence there! LOL

Son'a

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yep, started it the other night.It's great Thanks!...it seems word for word from the TV episode with some additional written thoughts from the characters. Gives it a different perspective on reading their thoughts. Is that the purpose of re-writing from TV scripts? like a enhanced version.

Honestly, I did it because it's a cool episode.

I added some scenes, both from my own imagination and from scenes in the script that weren't included in the final episode. Some of the extra scenes are ones I added (such as Picard waking up at the beginning), but others are based on stuff that was cut from the actual script, such as the bit at the beginning of the scene when Riker is showing Shelby to her quarters. The script itself can be read here: Part 1 and Part 2. A lot of the stuff I added is in Part two, where I tie it in with Regeneration (the Enterprise episode) and also where I go into a great deal more detail with what Data experiences when he's connected to Locutus.

There was only one bit that was in the script that I didn't include, and that was the end of the scene with Riker and Deanna in Ten Forward, where Guinan offers him a job as an entertainer. I left it out because it didn't seem right to end such a character driven scene with a joke.

Upvote 0
P

pointman7a

gurneyhalleck1 said:
Well, it was like the metaphasic radiation and remnants of supernovae in the area made it extremely dangerous to navigate through. You could only go on impulse power through it. Communications are funky inside it and it's thick like a briar patch? That's my feeble rememberence there! LOL

That's the why...who gave its name?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arik Soong

Confession: had to look that one up! I try to usually answer from memory...that one really stumped me. Nicely-done!

That's the why...who gave its name?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Son'a

Arik Soong

Confession: had to look that one up! I try to usually answer from memory...that one really stumped me. Nicely-done!
haha I knew that, but was never gonna remember. btw, those were *great* Enterprise episodes. If some of you guys haven't seen Enterprise, you don't know what you're missing!
:D

Upvote 0

Stevelee44

Mar 23, 2012
Stanton, California
✟7,955.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now for a question:

There is a Character named Dr. Hippocrates Noah in DSN. What is the real name of The Actor?

I've been noticing that there are only 4 members on this thread that respond here. It is too bad there aren't more. Too Bad, just an observation!

Upvote 0