England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I love the beautiful trees I see every day. The tall,splendid,pine trees,at the front of our drive always inspire me. So sturdy and strong. They are so old that they have preservation orders on them. They remind me of faith in Christ Jesus. May we grow strong in Christ! What is your favourite tree?

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I love the tall towering coniferous plantations in Cannock Chase and meandering along the lonely footpaths that criss cross the floor. It makes me feel very small!

36948652_2247061088643452_5287165639717289984_n.jpg

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ash tree in our next door garden. So dignified with its' reddish leaves!
You are blessed. All of the ashes in our area have been destroyed by the Emerald Ash Borer. It wouldn't be long now until the Green Ashes burst into brilliant yellow fall splendor. There used to be a grove of such trees surrounding the now abandoned offices of Golden Rule Insurance which I could see from the highway on my way to/from work. But no more. And my neighbor across the street had a big Green Ash (which didn't color so well), but she had to take it down last year after the borers killed it.
ash_green_017_01_600.jpg

So now we wait upon the Locusts to color (golden yellow) with their multitudes of tiny leaves.

modern3-772x440.jpg

And then Cottonwoods, the Oaks and the Sycamores, and finally, the glorious Maples. We would get a nice orange-red show in our front yard, but our Sugar Maple is struggling now for some reason.

SugarMaple9959s.jpg

I am a great fan of Autumn for it's color (and Spring, as well), as I remember walking to school through the swaths of leaves which had dropped from the trees like snow. The tree I remember most fondly was a Yellow Poplar (Tulip Tree) down the street. I loved its margarine yellow and chocolate brown leaves in the Fall.

Liriodendron_tulipifera_fallcolor_ccbync20.jpg

Aside from the Sugar Maple, I have Birches in the back, with papery thin bark in shades of creamy-white to cinnamon.

Also, I just planted (this year) a Beech with creamy-pink edging on it's leaves. I love the smooth bark of the Beeches, and the coppery brown of their leaves in the Fall. To round out the landscape, I have a couple Colorado Blue Spruce as well as a few discreetly placed flowering trees (Dogwood, Redbud, Smokebush, etc.).

Although I love the look of Eastern White Pine, I was afraid that my property couldn't accommodate a tree of that eventual size, so I settled for plantings of Dwarf Mugo Pine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a Hawthorne tree in my back garden that was just a stick pushed in the ground by my father many years ago. He had green fingers and anything he planted grew. We have now inherited his house and the beautiful Hawthorne tree. It supplies endless joy, watching the birds in its branches.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
17103503_1658301644186069_8725588113796634763_n.jpg
A photo taken last year. Woodland bridleway, taken near Castle Ring, Cannock Chase, Staffordshire. Although it was sunny and dry, the ground was very wet and muddy due to previous heavy rainfall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are blessed. All of the ashes in our area have been destroyed by the Emerald Ash Borer. It wouldn't be long now until the Green Ashes burst into brilliant yellow fall splendor. There used to be a grove of such trees surrounding the now abandoned offices of Golden Rule Insurance which I could see from the highway on my way to/from work. But no more. And my neighbor across the street had a big Green Ash (which didn't color so well), but she had to take it down last year after the borers killed it.
ash_green_017_01_600.jpg

So now we wait upon the Locusts to color (golden yellow) with their multitudes of tiny leaves.

modern3-772x440.jpg

And then Cottonwoods, the Oaks and the Sycamores, and finally, the glorious Maples. We would get a nice orange-red show in our front yard, but our Sugar Maple is struggling now for some reason.

SugarMaple9959s.jpg

I am a great fan of Autumn for it's color (and Spring, as well), as I remember walking to school through the swaths of leaves which had dropped from the trees like snow. The tree I remember most fondly was a Yellow Poplar (Tulip Tree) down the street. I loved its margarine yellow and chocolate brown leaves in the Fall.

Liriodendron_tulipifera_fallcolor_ccbync20.jpg

Aside from the Sugar Maple, I have Birches in the back, with papery thin bark in shades of creamy-white to cinnamon.

Also, I just planted (this year) a Beech with creamy-pink edging on it's leaves. I love the smooth bark of the Beeches, and the coppery brown of their leaves in the Fall. To round out the landscape, I have a couple Colorado Blue Spruce as well as a few discreetly placed flowering trees (Dogwood, Redbud, Smokebush, etc.).

Although I love the look of Eastern White Pine, I was afraid that my property couldn't accommodate a tree of that eventual size, so I settled for plantings of Dwarf Mugo Pine.
What lovely photos! :)

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I love flowering trees. When I was growing up, my family had a sterlie purple leaf plum tree. In April pink flowers bloomed before new leaves came in. For a couple weeks it had both flowers and leaves. Beautiful! Unfortunately I never saw another plum tree after it was half dead and cut down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
A photo of some trees taken at Park Lime Pits, a site of an old limestone quarry about 2 miles from here. It's now a nature reserve with two clear pools surrounded by mature beech woodland.

13612252_1389847444364825_8299339250301080367_n.jpg

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A photo of some trees taken at Park Lime Pits, a site of an old limestone quarry about 2 miles from here. It's now a nature reserve with two clear pools surrounded by mature beech woodland.

View attachment 263976
How I love these beautiful tree photos!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Who cannot help but admire the grand old oak tree. Amazing to think that such should come from a small acorn!

I took oak trees for granted and did not think much of them my whole life. Living in their native region, it was just an oak tree to me. I would think they are special if I lived in Florida my whole life and was not at all familiar with deciduous trees. But it was always fun to see acorns when I was lucky!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I took oak trees for granted and did not think much of them my whole life. Living in their native region, it was just an oak tree to me. I would think they are special if I lived in Florida my whole life and was not at all familiar with deciduous trees. But it was always fun to see acorns when I was lucky!
I love to plant acorns in pots. Out of 6, I have 2 Oak trees. They have been potted on into bigger pots, and now they are in tubs...I really need a field for all my various cuttings :rolleyes:

Upvote 0