Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I post this not because I don't believe that some laws should be enacted even if they hurt the economy.

The economy isn't a good reason to avoid doing the right thing (about climate, for example).

I post it because the party that applauds the law/ruling negatively impacting the economy should NOT try to blame President Biden for the negative impact. If they "own" the ruling, they "own" the negative impact.
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen: Abortion improves women's outcomes (freep.com)
research performed over the years about the economic impact of access to abortion clearly shows that limiting reproductive rights increased women's odds of living in poverty or need for public assistance.
Not that that means that the party "owning" the negative economic impact necessarily has any attention of meeting the "need."

Reactions: public hermit

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Not that that means that the party "owning" the negative economic impact necessarily has any attention of meeting the "need."

The need of offering sacrifices to Moloch?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Other conservatives on the platform lay into Yellen for her comments. WMAL radio host Larry O’Connor tweeted, "Nothing better than a multi-millionaire old white woman lecturing a black man about how his mother was a loser because she let him be born."

WMAL-Oconnor.png

"@SecYellen is a eugenicist just like Margaret Sanger," tweeted Media Research Center VP of Free Speech America and Business Dan Gainor.

Tim Scott delivers ‘stunning rebuke’ of Janet Yellen over Black abortion comments: ‘I am thankful to be here’

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that you are wrong.

She is not saying who should or should not be born. She is pointing out that there will be an economic impact that our country should be prepared for. For example, with subsidized daycare support, the new mother could complete her education or build a career.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I post this not because I don't believe that some laws should be enacted even if they hurt the economy.

The economy isn't a good reason to avoid doing the right thing (about climate, for example).

I post it because the party that applauds the law/ruling negatively impacting the economy should NOT try to blame President Biden for the negative impact. If they "own" the ruling, they "own" the negative impact.

As we saw in the news feeds - the same party wanting to protect the life of the baby was also involved in social projects to help women with small children and aid in adoptions.

Killing babies is not the great economy booster some have imagined it to be.

One reason Germany invited the baby-prolific Muslim groups into its boarders was that its own population is in reproductive decline. Statistics show that the higher the average level of education is for women - the more population growth trends to zero. That leaves them in a world of hurt with less people working to support retirees.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
As we saw in the news feeds - the same party wanting to protect the life of the baby was also involved in social projects to help women with small children and aid in adoptions.
But not government involvement?
Just “social projects” funded through free-will offerings?

Women are having a right taken from them with no guarantee of “reparations” in the form of early childhood development programs or any notion that social welfare programs from the governments will increase.

Just a “you can’t do that anymore” and a sneer.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I wish it were that simple....if you go back decades earlier, nobody got divorced....well almost nobody.

It's hard to discuss, but it seems likely that there have been consequences to female empowerment and work rights that no one really considered.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But not government involvement?
Just “social projects” funded through free-will offerings?

The Christian Libertarian ethos.

Women are having a right taken from them

Well, I don't know if it's a right.

with no guarantee of “reparations”

For what? A choice they made?

I'm pretty sure women have sexual agency.

in the form of early childhood development programs or any notion that social welfare programs from the governments will increase.

Yeah....I guess they should take the choice to have children more seriously now.

Just a “you can’t do that anymore” and a sneer.

I promise not to sneer.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are proposing women are too educated?
Well there's certain economic realities to certain choices.

The short version is that it's hard to be both a mother and career woman. While you might imagine that the husband would likewise slide into the child raising housekeeping role while mom climbs the career ladder, it doesn't really happen. Women tend to not marry "down"....because reasons. As education and income rises for women...so do divorce rates and lack of children. Abortion and it's access certainly isn't responsible for all this, but it's a factor.

Upvote 0