Traveler Gets Through TSA Checkpoint in Atlanta With Gun

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As TSA workers across the nation call out sick (or work without a paycheck) amid the partial government shutdown, a passenger carried a gun on his flight out of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. TSA confirmed the Jan. 2 incident with ABC News, saying in a statement that "standard procedures were not followed and a passenger did in fact pass through a standard screening TSA checkpoint with a firearm."

Traveler Gets Through TSA Checkpoint in Atlanta With Gun

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well don't leave us hanging! What happened?
He flew to japan and once arriving there informed the japanese security personal about the gun in his position. I'm guessing he was arrested on the spot and there is an investigation going on. Japanese police are very tight-lipped about such issues.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He flew to japan and once arriving there informed the japanese security personal about the gun in his position. I'm guessing he was arrested on the spot and there is an investigation going on. Japanese police are very tight-lipped about such issues.
No offense, but that's kind of a boring climax to the story.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No offense, but that's kind of a boring climax to the story.
The climax to the story will be when travellers realise that this huge TSA agency is just an overblown circus without any real impact on flight security.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The article I read said it had nothing to do with the shut down. They actually had more staff on duty compared to the same time last year.
What a relief that a man was able to smuggle a gun through TSA checks while they were at normal capacity.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The climax to the story will be when travellers realise that this huge TSA agency is just an overblown circus without any real impact on flight security.
Oh we know. TSA being nothing more then security theater is a pretty big complaint.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The article I read said it had nothing to do with the shut down. They actually had more staff on duty compared to the same time last year.

...curious to know how often this is occuring....(regardless of the shutdown). I may need to be packing on my next trip.....for self defense (that's a joke).

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why do you think that? Because a gun got through?

I'd chalk that up to the lack of motivation that typically follows not getting paid for the work they do.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I don't think it's a matter of numbers....

If you know you aren't getting paid, you're probably going to put in the effort of someone not getting paid....eventually.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...curious to know how often this is occuring....(regardless of the shutdown). I may need to be packing on my next trip.....for self defense (that's a joke).

I can't remember if TSA has a Twitter account or it's some other social media platform....

What they typically post though are the various things that people try to bring on a flight. Last time I checked it out, there was a multitude of things they catch and some of it pretty wild.

My favorite was a Legend of Zelda Master Sword replica. If I remember correctly, it was a real sword....capable of beheadings and all.

Edit- Found it ...

Zsword.jpg

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think that? Because a gun got through?

I'd chalk that up to the lack of motivation that typically follows not getting paid for the work they do.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Upvote 0