Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For 20 years I lived a lie, my parents lied to me about Santa, the Toothfairy, and many other things.

I've said this before. You need some serious talks with a professional counsellor.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But how do I know that I'm not a false convert?
Apparently to some I am for not believing in a flat earth and bla bla bla and so on.

Why are you even listening to flat earth nutters?

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel at much more peace. I had a break down today and cried out to Jesus to help me.

I don't feel bad anymore I feel good.

I just need him to hold off the constant stream of fiery darts. I don't know how much more fiery darts I will be able to take.

I need the shield of faith.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For 20 years I lived a lie, my parents lied to me about Santa, the Toothfairy, and many other things.

This is one major reason it was so hard to take any supernatural event seriously as I got older the lies have been constantly fed.

Evolution, and the like.

Now I am in a constant traumatic episodes of "what if I am still in the illusion"?

What if my personal faith in Jesus is an illusion and I am believing in vain. What if I am a false convert and don't know it?

I need to find out.
I think you need to stop listening to the opinions of men and start reading the Bible on your own with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will never guild you in the wrong direction and He will not confuse you. The only way to achieve peace is to give it to the Lord and He will show you the narrow gate that you so desperately seek.

Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I feel at much more peace. I had a break down today and cried out to Jesus to help me.

I don't feel bad anymore I feel good.

I just need him to hold off the constant stream of fiery darts. I don't know how much more fiery darts I will be able to take.

I need the shield of faith.

Just concentrate on His love for a while and you will do well.. Love Him..

I will pray for you to get some help also

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This is one major reason it was so hard to take any supernatural event seriously as I got older the lies have been constantly fed.

Evolution, and the like.

Now I am in a constant traumatic episodes of "what if I am still in the illusion"?

What if my personal faith in Jesus is an illusion and I am believing in vain. What if I am a false convert and don't know it?

I need to find out.
When Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life he said it to you.

Upvote 0

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
2Co 13:1 This [is] the third [time] I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Gods preference is NOT men...5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ge 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

so much for Gods view of man...now the GOOD NEWS is that as in the old testament there are those whom God saw as passable and they stood up and gave man a fair go !

Now in the New Test after seeing that man cant hope to achieve the law etc Jesus Christ stood in our place and was brutally treated and killed in our place .. so we dont have to ..IF we accept the way HE prescribed rather than some religious LIES ( lots of them )

acts 2v38...Repent (babies cant ! blasphemous religious rubbish )
Be Baptized everyone in the name of Jesus Christ...( greek..full immersion )
ask God (only) for the Holy Spirit...and when you get it..see acts 2v4 same today or all you have are your own (or someone else religious) ideas..not acceptable..!! same as what Jesus had to put up with....

you will know...1Co 14:2

Upvote 0

FatalFantasy

Jan 30, 2019
Brisbane
✟2,057.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Evolution, and the like.

I need to find out.
What if is a big question, but you'll work it out. Everyone who looks for the substance of thing's will find substance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
When I was told that there was a special telephone number that could be used to contact the tooth fairy who lived under a bush at the bottom of our garden, naturally I had to give it a go and eventually the penny dropped that the unobtainable signal meant the fairy was probably never at home! When I was finally told that the tooth fairy didn't exist, my mouth opened wide in astonishment!

The local council are well aware that such fantasies do not exist. There is a sign in our local park telling us "there is no such thing as the dog poo fairy" but I am hesitant to find out as I don't particularly want to put one of those under my pillow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I believe in one God. And that he is fully God and fully Man.

I don't think the Trinity is claiming there are 3.

You might want to stay off the internet for a while, and stick within your physical church community; regular church services and a Bible study each week.

This way you don't have a hundred people coming at you with different views and confusing you. At the moment you need to lessen confusion, and your physical church will do that.

The internet will keep you in a cycle of confusion so it's better to leave it behind for a while.

God gave us a physical community because it's far better. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Seek the Lord

Feb 12, 2019
Enschede
✟15,613.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I used to think Modalism was true.

The first week I got saved, then found out God was a Trinity.

What else will I find out?

And what if I am still wrong?

We thank the Lord that we have the Word of God as our source. Christ Himself is the Word. John 1:1 so it's important to build your belief system on the Word. When the bible speaks let's speak but where the bible is silent let's be silent. Concerning trinity there are many scriptures that support that doctrine. For example Mat 3:16. So continue to build your life on the foundation, which is the Word of God,the Rock; Jesus Christ and you will not be shaken

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm if it was me.. I would repent.. for anything as in my doubt about HIS word. For believing a lie. I then would forgive anyone and all that told me lies. My Father freely forgives me 24/7.. always. So as He did me I will do for all. I then REJOICE! For whom the SON sets free is free indeed.

I then do as the word says.. I let go of the past.. FORGIVE! And I would not make it about ME! Its ALL HIM. I die daily so HE can live through me. If I make it about me.. then He gets no glory.. and as He said.. no man will glory in His sight. All glory all praise ALL goes to Him

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm if it was me.. I would repent.. for anything as in my doubt about HIS word. For believing a lie. I then would forgive anyone and all that told me lies. My Father freely forgives me 24/7.. always. So as He did me I will do for all. I then REJOICE! For whom the SON sets free is free indeed.

I then do as the word says.. I let go of the past.. FORGIVE! And I would not make it about ME! Its ALL HIM. I die daily so HE can live through me. If I make it about me.. then He gets no glory.. and as He said.. no man will glory in His sight. All glory all praise ALL goes to Him

But I don't know how to do it

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will make my best guess.

I believe and think Santa is not real same with the other stuff like evolution.

And I believe and think I found out at 3rd grade.

I don't know if knowing is possible. Except for me exclusively.
OK, so what happened around age 20? Because you did say 20 years.

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟173,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK, so what happened around age 20? Because you did say 20 years.

I believe I got saved. I believed that Jesus died for me and rose again. And the very moment my life did a 180 change and that change wasn't from me. It also felt supernatural.

Then after that I decided to look into theology and it left me in one very confused state.

Calvinism scares the living soul out of me, my biggest fear is that I am a false convert and don't know it, and I will live my life in vain thinking I am saved when I am not, and when I am judged Jesus will say to me "You are non-elect, I only died for the elect and not you".

Then I have no choice or chance. That's my biggest fear.

I will still worship Jesus in hell anyways if it does happen. But I hope it doesn't.

The best response I can think of if it does happen is, "I would of wanted to have gotten saved, but I couldn't I was non-elect, what was I supposed to do?".

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to think Modalism was true.

The first week I got saved, then found out God was a Trinity.

What else will I find out?

And what if I am still wrong?
It's a journey. Take it. I started out a Unitarian Christian who doubted the canon of Scripture way beyond what was helpful. Went through many, many phases. Let go. A little. Trust God and let Him guide you through.

Upvote 0