United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I realized a short time ago that גד '(a Military) Troop' is a reference to 'the Deity of Forces' mentioned in Daniel.

I was in the midst of preparing an exposé on Isaiah 51, when a cross reference (pertaining to verses that contain reduplication) led me to this passage.

This forum is my first Messianic home (when it comes to fellowshipping with other Messianics), and I am fully aware how many of us retain (God) the Celtic reference to Alôhâyîm in our vocabulary, in spite of our Heavenly Father's explicit direction to not Evoke (Him by) such a name.

When I first came here, the words Lord, and God (especially when quoting scripture) were virtually common place, so I was careful introducing what I perceived to be a discrepancy in the translations, and the subsequent influence it has had on many.

I pretty much felt like a lone soldier, till recently, today you can find many Messianics on Facebook with memes pointing out the very same passages and precepts each drawing the same conclusion.

The Mishpachah in this forum are a little more sensitive than I find in other forums, but it is not without just cause, insensitivity has been a stumbling block for many, nevertheless (in the past) my exposés have been addressed as if I were attempting to attack, and (or) blaspheme someone, a beloved member even referred to me as H'sʰtan, till a scriptural reference clarified the matter, and the big cheese came in and dispersed a few headhunters.

Though it is important for us to hate evil, and a lie, it is More important for us to love good, and truth, for our hate should be a thrusting force that propels us forward to not be complacent, nor (entirely) content until righteousness and peace prevails, yet it is our love that sits in the driver's seat directing our actions, (or lack thereof) and brings us safely to our intended destination.

When one is found lethargic and or intoxicated staggering with the truth, many tend to stumble over their drunken condition, by making it more important than the truth spouting from their lips, the crime is as when one doses off in the midst of an episode, and opens their eyes having no clue as to what pertinent details they missed, the moral of this story is to (priority wise) put Love before Hatred in all matters.

The word 'Hate' has been given a bad (w)rap, and inadvertently many wrestle with the concept of hating evil, as if it were equal to hating those who are plagued with an evil condition.
Forgive me if I have imposed in any way brother laureate.

I agree that one is to walk in prayer with a strength of forgiveness.
Especially while contending with the world.

I believe yeshayahu was given a vision in the fruit of patience next to lovingkindness.
A blessing of self sacrifice and forethought toward future generations as Yeshua intended always.

You once spoke of a mountain to be removed.
The one to be throne into the sea"

Question:
Did you mean esauv and his host?

Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting north westerly perspective corner where wicked counsel from an edomite thought to persuade a king to deny fellowship with other kings in peace.

A hunter cares nothing about others.
Unfortunately a son of avraham, and yitzhak mislead his father of fathers.

I imagine esauv at one time may have fooled his father with wild game and promises to provide for the family..yet prooved to his own brother an invaluable intention.

And if I remember correctly.

Wisdom is from above....

The passage I'm currently working on points out the same thing you noted here, i.e., bad counsel given to kings, to thwart them from adopting other kings into the faith.

In Isaiah 41, North Easterly is the direction which Abvraham comes calling on the name.

True, hunters deprive a Life, for the sake of a life, they do not see themselves as Disdaining the very thing they Love, nor do they perceive anything amiss with hunting animals (our older twin brother);

Those who sacrifice domesticated animals for the sake of daily sustenance have no remorse, nor do they realize what a sacrifice is all about.

However we use the same tactics of a Fisherman to secure the lives of those who are lured and Drawn Near, yet we do not Eat their Flesh, and Drink their Blood, which is to say, we do not go to them, and trust and rely on their report, they do however Eat our Flesh, and Drink our Blood, i.e., Come to a bodily member of H'Məsʰîekʰ, and trust and rely on the Gospel which we have inherited.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Forgive me if I have imposed in any way brother laureate.

I agree that one is to walk in prayer with a strength of forgiveness.
Especially while contending with the world.

I believe yeshayahu was given a vision in the fruit of patience next to lovingkindness.
A blessing of self sacrifice and forethought toward future generations as Yeshua intended always.

You once spoke of a mountain to be removed.
The one to be throne into the sea"

Question:
Did you mean esauv and his host?

Cognitively, No, if anything, Esauv represents the Adam (Mankind) that sold his birthright for a morsel of bread, whereas Yacob represents the Adam who would acquire the birthright with that same morsel of bread.

According to the narrative Yacob lived out what would have fell out unto Esauv, if Esauv never would have forsook his birthright.

True, Esauv was born to reconcile all of Adam back to Alôhâyîm, in a sense, he was Adam's (dispensationally) younger twin.

If one can accept it, Adam re entered the kingdom as two men, for a man had two sons, who said to the elder, go Work/Have Faith in the Vineyard, but he was like, No Way! But eventually in the end, he did go Work/Have Faith in the Vineyard.

When the Father saw the first son decline from his instruction, he directed the younger to go Work/Have Faith in the Vineyard, and the younger son said, I'm on it, but really never got around to actually doing it.

Though this parable is a direct reference to Apʰrîyém (the birthright and Northern kingdom), and Yéhûʷdəʰ (the Southern kingdom who has stood in the office of the birthright), it indirectly applies to Esauv and Yacob, as well as Asshur and Egypt, thus the making of two, one new man applies to all of the above.

The Chaldean (Celtics) are the Hebrew (Nahor's men-Norsemen) which sought to draw near to heaven on their own terms, via self will, and self righteousness, whereas Abvraham is the Hebrew who drew near to heaven via the terms of the Covenant and Torah which outlines heaven's Will, and Righteousness;

Now Îsʰraəl (upon Spiritual rebirth) was born half Assyrian and half Egyptian, and as such represents the One New Man born of Two kingdoms, just as the kingdom of Yéhûʷdəʰ and the kingdom of Apʰrîyém reconciled equal the kingdom of Îsʰraəl.

The Stone Cast into the Sea, is for the sake of Pacifying the Turbulent Sea, and to bring about Salvation to a Turbulent people, and though Esauv is not omitted from the narrative, they do not represent the Stone, they (as the Goiyem) represent the Turbulent Sea, and people which the Stone is Cast into.

The Stone I was referring to is a literal Stone, that was literally cut out without hands and was literally Cast at the foot of the Nation that literally exercises World Domination, which is literally a nation mingled with the seed of men;

And the Stone literally grows and literally becomes a Great Mountain (Burning with Fire even), where the Alôhâyîm of heaven and earth shall literally establish a kingdom for the Saints, that shall literally never be destroyed, and this Stone which the Masons literally rejected, is literally Pèleʰ (Marvelous) in our eyes.

My Spirit is fond of you Pinnacled, therefore I am fond of you, though I am a little curious about your identity, I have no doubt you Love Truth, please feel at home when it comes to asking anything of me.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
These are hidden reefs at your love feasts, as they feast with you without fear, shepherds feeding themselves; waterless clouds, swept along by winds; fruitless trees in late autumn, twice dead, uprooted;

In consideration of how Ruach Hakadosh has instructed to sow water to wind.
An esauv of one Yom(day) is not to be of concern or grief.

The question to ask is why did esauv come to greet his brother with an army instead of family?

A likewise question would be:
Why did esauv deny provisions?

I heard tell from Yeshua that sons and daughters are to, " be as ------- as----------and as gentle as doves"

Blessed be The Holy One
True, however I was referring to scriptural revelations in my study, which I hope to be sharing soon.

Though the translation of the O.P. is awfully shrewd in nature, I assure you the sentiment was not born from me, it is what I found in the text, and what I recognize to be true, in that it is in harmony with what we find in the Torah elsewhere.

I usually find myself trying to nurture patience amongst our Messianic Mishpachah whom I find attacking anyone that appears to be astray from the truth, though I love the Mishpachah, and (personally) have no intent to offend, I am not a people pleaser, per sé, and yet I shun the bandwagons that seek to degrade others instead of lifting them up.

I have some friends on FB that would love to see this translation, but I am concerned it would only fuel the wrong attitude, that is why I shared it here, and not there.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Laureate,
You do not have stammering lips nor a foreign tongue.

You are a blessing that is well known to produce fruits of kindness in the spirit.

I often edit out actual stammering, yet I was referring to where I glean and or offer multiple congruent translations to a segment, if one were to translate my translations back into Hebrew it would sound like someone stammering in the Hebrew tongue.

And yet to the bulk of our Christian-Apʰrîyém Mishpachah, Hebrew is a (forgotten) foreign tongue. ❤

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

Yeshua teaching this principle is what reminded me of esauv, and ya'akov.
Especially the account of their greeting one another after ya'akov arranges the tribes.

I wonder if anyone reading here could ascertain whether or not esauv would have attempted to kill his brother had not there been family to witness such.

Esauv in all likelyhood new full well what happened with qayin.

Just a thought about the spoils and pillages spoken of by yeshayahu.

"And Ya'akov was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

And he said, Let me go, for the day breaks. And he said, I will not let you go, unless You Bless me.

And he said unto him, What is your name? And he said, Ya'akov.

And he said, Your name shall no longer be called Ya'akov, but Israel: for as a prince have you power with Alôhâyîm, and with men, and have prevailed.

And Ya'akov asked him, and said, Tell me, I implore you, your name. And he said, why is it that you are asking for My Name? And he blessed him there.

And Ya'akov called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen Alôhâyîm Face to Face, and my life is preserved.

And Ya'akov lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, Esauv came, and with him four hundred men. And he divided the children unto Leah, and unto Rachel, and unto the two handmaids.

And Esauv ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.

And he said, What do you mean by all this drove which I met? And he said, These are to find grace in the sight of my lord.

And Esauv said, I have enough, my brother; keep what you have for yourself.

And Ya'akov said, No, I implore you, if now I have found grace in your sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen your Face, as though I had Seen the Face of Alôhâyîm, and you was pleased with me." [Genesis 32:24, 26-30, and 33:1, 4, & 8-10]

When Esauv got off his horse, camel, whatever, he ran to his brother and kissed him and wept on his neck, these are not the actions of one who hates their brother, I believe this was genuine on Esauv's behalf.

Yet with whose Blessing was Ya'akov Blessed with? Did not Ya'akov see Alôhâyîm Face to Face, and yet what did Ya'akov say to Esauv? It is as if I have seen the Face of Alôhâyîm.

I believe Ya'akov either wrestled with Esauv, or with Esauv's divine counterpart.

Why do you Ask for My Name, and a Blessing? Especially when I just gave it to you, Îsʰraəl, you have already received my Blessing that was initially intended for me.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"And Ya'akov was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

And he said, Let me go, for the day breaks. And he said, I will not let you go, unless You Bless me.

And he said unto him, What is your name? And he said, Ya'akov.

And he said, Your name shall no longer be called Ya'akov, but Israel: for as a prince have you power with Alôhâyîm, and with men, and have prevailed.

And Ya'akov asked him, and said, Tell me, I implore you, your name. And he said, why is it that you are asking for My Name? And he blessed him there.

And Ya'akov called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen Alôhâyîm Face to Face, and my life is preserved.

And Ya'akov lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, Esauv came, and with him four hundred men. And he divided the children unto Leah, and unto Rachel, and unto the two handmaids.

And Esauv ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.

And he said, What do you mean by all this drove which I met? And he said, These are to find grace in the sight of my lord.

And Esauv said, I have enough, my brother; keep what you have for yourself.

And Ya'akov said, No, I implore you, if now I have found grace in your sight, then receive my present at my hand: for therefore I have seen your Face, as though I had Seen the Face of Alôhâyîm, and you was pleased with me." [Genesis 32:24, 26-30, and 33:1, 4, & 8-10]

When Esauv got off his horse, camel, whatever, he ran to his brother and kissed him and wept on his neck, these are not the actions of one who hates their brother, I believe this was genuine on Esauv's behalf.

Yet with whose Blessing was Ya'akov Blessed with? Did not Ya'akov see Alôhâyîm Face to Face, and yet what did Ya'akov say to Esauv? It is as if I have seen the Face of Alôhâyîm.

I believe Ya'akov either wrestled with Esauv, or with Esauv's divine counterpart.

Why do you Ask for My Name, and a Blessing? Especially when I just gave it to you, Îsʰraəl, you have already received my Blessing that was initially intended for me.
Perhaps esauv may of been forward in generosity with his lips at the moment. But the intention of his heart and character were not missed by keen eyes.
Look closer brother laureate.
Not only had he hunted and pursued his own brother with murderous intent in the past.
He now comes to greet his brother with aen army.
Then during this account one learns how he attempted to lure ya'akov away from his family of witnesses. As ya'akov pleads on behalf of the children and new born cattle.
Further motives of esauv are revealed.
Eventually esauv desisted and returned with his company to a certain mountain..

While esauv may of not loved in action as quayin had in actuality.. His edomite descendants kept with their own traditions of hate toward the kingdom of Yisrayl.
Hence the wicked edomite counsel and spirit given the king sh'aul, that was driven to hunt and pursue david with murderous intent.
Seems very much that edom had not changed and turned their ways since their king esauv. Instead they change tactics in order to divide The Promised kingdom of inheritance.

And their(edom) land suffered 2 fold desolation as has been spoke of.

Bless those that curse

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I often edit out actual stammering, yet I was referring to where I glean and or offer multiple congruent translations to a segment, if one were to translate my translations back into Hebrew it would sound like someone stammering in the Hebrew tongue.

And yet to the bulk of our Christian-Apʰrîyém Mishpachah, Hebrew is a (forgotten) foreign tongue. ❤
A few days ago a noble thought was given during my meditation with The Lord Yeshua in spirit.

A thought leading to how many people[sons and daughters] of different cultural backgrounds and languages or even dialects Yeshua spoke to face to face.
In All the accounts of Him speaking and communicating with them.

Have you ever considered how many languages The Lord Yeshua is limited to?
The woman at the well for instance. Do you suppose she was a strict hebrew speaking and Torah educated child?

Blessings Always

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Cognitively, No, if anything, Esauv represents the Adam (Mankind) that sold his birthright for a morsel of bread, whereas Yacob represents the Adam who would acquire the birthright with that same morsel of bread.

According to the narrative Yacob lived out what would have fell out unto Esauv, if Esauv never would have forsook his birthright.

True, Esauv was born to reconcile all of Adam back to Alôhâyîm, in a sense, he was Adam's (dispensationally) younger twin.

If one can accept it, Adam re entered the kingdom as two men, for a man had two sons, who said to the elder, go Work/Have Faith in the Vineyard, but he was like, No Way! But eventually in the end, he did go Work/Have Faith in the Vineyard.

When the Father saw the first son decline from his instruction, he directed the younger to go Work/Have Faith in the Vineyard, and the younger son said, I'm on it, but really never got around to actually doing it.

Though this parable is a direct reference to Apʰrîyém (the birthright and Northern kingdom), and Yéhûʷdəʰ (the Southern kingdom who has stood in the office of the birthright), it indirectly applies to Esauv and Yacob, as well as Asshur and Egypt, thus the making of two, one new man applies to all of the above.

The Chaldean (Celtics) are the Hebrew (Nahor's men-Norsemen) which sought to draw near to heaven on their own terms, via self will, and self righteousness, whereas Abvraham is the Hebrew who drew near to heaven via the terms of the Covenant and Torah which outlines heaven's Will, and Righteousness;

Now Îsʰraəl (upon Spiritual rebirth) was born half Assyrian and half Egyptian, and as such represents the One New Man born of Two kingdoms, just as the kingdom of Yéhûʷdəʰ and the kingdom of Apʰrîyém reconciled equal the kingdom of Îsʰraəl.

The Stone Cast into the Sea, is for the sake of Pacifying the Turbulent Sea, and to bring about Salvation to a Turbulent people, and though Esauv is not omitted from the narrative, they do not represent the Stone, they (as the Goiyem) represent the Turbulent Sea, and people which the Stone is Cast into.

The Stone I was referring to is a literal Stone, that was literally cut out without hands and was literally Cast at the foot of the Nation that literally exercises World Domination, which is literally a nation mingled with the seed of men;

And the Stone literally grows and literally becomes a Great Mountain (Burning with Fire even), where the Alôhâyîm of heaven and earth shall literally establish a kingdom for the Saints, that shall literally never be destroyed, and this Stone which the Masons literally rejected, is literally Pèleʰ (Marvelous) in our eyes.

My Spirit is fond of you Pinnacled, therefore I am fond of you, though I am a little curious about your identity, I have no doubt you Love Truth, please feel at home when it comes to asking anything of me.
Brother laureate,
When ya'akov looked darkly in the mirror at his brothers eyes.
Yes,
It is possible that ya'akov with keen eyes witnessed life and death. With keen eyes upon his brothers heart the humble servant bowed a specific number of times.
And with a spirit in the knowledge of Torah.
Esauv responded how?

Even so there are generations that refuse to honor their mother and father.

I suspect you understand in the spirit what armor is like upon those who accept a helmet?

Blessings Always

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The passage I'm currently working on points out the same thing you noted here, i.e., bad counsel given to kings, to thwart them from adopting other kings into the faith.

In Isaiah 41, North Easterly is the direction which Abvraham comes calling on the name.

True, hunters deprive a Life, for the sake of a life, they do not see themselves as Disdaining the very thing they Love, nor do they perceive anything amiss with hunting animals (our older twin brother);

Those who sacrifice domesticated animals for the sake of daily sustenance have no remorse, nor do they realize what a sacrifice is all about.

However we use the same tactics of a Fisherman to secure the lives of those who are lured and Drawn Near, yet we do not Eat their Flesh, and Drink their Blood, which is to say, we do not go to them, and trust and rely on their report, they do however Eat our Flesh, and Drink our Blood, i.e., Come to a bodily member of H'Məsʰîekʰ, and trust and rely on the Gospel which we have inherited.
The typhoon threat has been ignored by some.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps esauv may of been forward in generosity with his lips at the moment. But the intention of his heart and character were not missed by keen eyes.
Not only had he hunted and pursued his own brother with murderous intent in the past.
He now comes to greet his brother with aen army.
Then during this account one learns how he attempted to lure ya'akov away from his family of witnesses. As ya'akov pleads on behalf of the children and new born cattle.
Further motives of esauv are revealed.
Eventually esauv desisted and returned with his company to a certain mountain..

While esauv may of not loved in action as quayin had in actuality.. His edomite descendants kept with their own traditions of hate toward the kingdom of Yisrayl.
Hence the wicked edomite counsel and spirit given the king sh'aul, that was driven to hunt and pursue david with murderous intent.
Seems very much that edom had not changed and turned their ways since their king esauv. Instead they change tactics in order to divide The Promised kingdom of inheritance.

And their(edom) land suffered 2 fold desolation as has been spoke of.

Bless those that curse

No doubt there, yet I believe the particular text in question shows Esauv riding out with an army to escort his brother safely to his destination, if there were hatred in his heart at the time, he would have inclined to kill him then, and there would be the account of a miraculous salvation.

I have personally experienced this sort of Love-Hate from one of my own siblings, who just so happens to be my closest elder, and is red from head to toe.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A few days ago a noble thought was given during my meditation with The Lord Yeshua in spirit.

A thought leading to how many people[sons and daughters] of different cultural backgrounds and languages or even dialects Yeshua spoke to face to face.
In All the accounts of Him speaking and communicating with them.

Have you ever considered how many languages The Lord Yeshua is limited to?
The woman at the well for instance. Do you suppose she was a strict hebrew speaking and Torah educated child?

Blessings Always

The One speaking through him is simultaneously comprehensible to multiple dialects, as seen at Pentecost. ❤

Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No doubt there, yet I believe the particular text in question shows Esauv riding out with an army to escort his brother safely to his destination, if there were hatred in his heart at the time, he would have inclined to kill him then, and there would be the account of a miraculous salvation.

I have personally experienced this sort of Love-Hate from one of my own siblings, who just so happens to be my closest elder, and is red from head to toe.
Question for yourself brother laureate and to all readers;
Of all the account of times that ya'akov beseeches favor(grace)
What then was the meaning of his denial of an armed escort?

1Jacob lifted his eyes and saw, and behold, Esau was coming, and with him were four hundred men; so he divided the children with Leah and with Rachel and with the two maidservants. אוַיִּשָּׂ֨א יַֽעֲקֹ֜ב עֵינָ֗יו וַיַּרְא֙ וְהִנֵּ֣ה עֵשָׂ֣ו בָּ֔א וְעִמּ֕וֹ אַרְבַּ֥ע מֵא֖וֹת אִ֑ישׁ וַיַּ֣חַץ אֶת־הַיְלָדִ֗ים עַל־לֵאָה֙ וְעַל־רָחֵ֔ל וְעַ֖ל שְׁתֵּ֥י הַשְּׁפָחֽוֹת:
2And he placed the maidservants and their children first and Leah and her children after, and Rachel and her Joseph last. בוַיָּ֧שֶׂם אֶת־הַשְּׁפָח֛וֹת וְאֶת־יַלְדֵיהֶ֖ן רִֽאשֹׁנָ֑ה וְאֶת־לֵאָ֤ה וִֽילָדֶ֨יהָ֙ אַֽחֲרֹנִ֔ים וְאֶת־רָחֵ֥ל וְאֶת־יוֹסֵ֖ף אַֽחֲרֹנִֽים:
3And he went ahead of them and prostrated himself to the ground seven times, until he came close to his brother. גוְה֖וּא עָבַ֣ר לִפְנֵיהֶ֑ם וַיִּשְׁתַּ֤חוּ אַ֨רְצָה֙ שֶׁ֣בַע פְּעָמִ֔ים עַד־גִּשְׁתּ֖וֹ עַד־אָחִֽיו:
4And Esau ran toward him and embraced him, and he fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept. דוַיָּ֨רָץ עֵשָׂ֤ו לִקְרָאתוֹ֙ וַיְחַבְּקֵ֔הוּ וַיִּפֹּ֥ל עַל־צַוָּארָ֖יו (כתיב צוארו ) וַֹיִֹשָֹׁקֵֹ֑הֹוֹּ וַיִּבְכּֽוּ:
5And he lifted his eyes and saw the women and the children, and he said, "Who are these to you?" And he said, "The children with whom God has favored your servant." הוַיִּשָּׂ֣א אֶת־עֵינָ֗יו וַיַּ֤רְא אֶת־הַנָּשִׁים֙ וְאֶת־הַיְלָדִ֔ים וַיֹּ֖אמֶר מִי־אֵ֣לֶּה לָּ֑ךְ וַיֹּאמַ֕ר הַיְלָדִ֕ים אֲשֶׁר־חָנַ֥ן אֱלֹהִ֖ים אֶת־עַבְדֶּֽךָ:
6And the maidservants and their children drew near and prostrated themselves. ווַתִּגַּ֧שְׁןָ הַשְּׁפָח֛וֹת הֵ֥נָּה וְיַלְדֵיהֶ֖ן וַתִּשְׁתַּֽחֲוֶֽיןָ:
7And Leah and her children drew near and prostrated themselves, and after [them], Joseph and Rachel drew near and prostrated themselves. זוַתִּגַּ֧שׁ גַּם־לֵאָ֛ה וִֽילָדֶ֖יהָ וַיִּשְׁתַּֽחֲו֑וּ וְאַחַ֗ר נִגַּ֥שׁ יוֹסֵ֛ף וְרָחֵ֖ל וַיִּשְׁתַּֽחֲוֽוּ:
8And he said, "What is to you [the purpose of] all this camp that I have met?" And he said, "To find favor in my master's eyes." חוַיֹּ֕אמֶר מִ֥י לְךָ֛ כָּל־הַמַּֽחֲנֶ֥ה הַזֶּ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר פָּגָ֑שְׁתִּי וַיֹּ֕אמֶר לִמְצֹא־חֵ֖ן בְּעֵינֵ֥י אֲדֹנִֽי:
9But Esau said, "I have plenty, my brother; let what you have remain yours." טוַיֹּ֥אמֶר עֵשָׂ֖ו יֶשׁ־לִ֣י רָ֑ב אָחִ֕י יְהִ֥י לְךָ֖ אֲשֶׁר־לָֽךְ:
10Thereupon Jacob said, "Please no! If indeed I have found favor in your eyes, then you shall take my gift from my hand, because I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of an angel, and you have accepted me. יוַיֹּ֣אמֶר יַֽעֲקֹ֗ב אַל־נָא֙ אִם־נָ֨א מָצָ֤אתִי חֵן֙ בְּעֵינֶ֔יךָ וְלָֽקַחְתָּ֥ מִנְחָתִ֖י מִיָּדִ֑י כִּ֣י עַל־כֵּ֞ן רָאִ֣יתִי פָנֶ֗יךָ כִּרְאֹ֛ת פְּנֵ֥י אֱלֹהִ֖ים וַתִּרְצֵֽנִי:
11Now take my gift, which has been brought to you, for God has favored me [with it], and [because] I have everything." He prevailed upon him, and he took [it]. יאקַח־נָ֤א אֶת־בִּרְכָתִי֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר הֻבָ֣את לָ֔ךְ כִּֽי־חַנַּ֥נִי אֱלֹהִ֖ים וְכִ֣י יֶשׁ־לִי־כֹ֑ל וַיִּפְצַר־בּ֖וֹ וַיִּקָּֽח:
12Thereupon, he said, "Travel and we will go, and I will go alongside you." יבוַיֹּ֖אמֶר נִסְעָ֣ה וְנֵלֵ֑כָה וְאֵֽלְכָ֖ה לְנֶגְדֶּֽךָ:
13And he said to him, "My master knows that the children are tender, and the flocks and the cattle, which are raising their young, depend upon me, and if they overdrive them one day, all the flocks will die. יגוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלָ֗יו אֲדֹנִ֤י יֹדֵ֨עַ֙ כִּֽי־הַיְלָדִ֣ים רַכִּ֔ים וְהַצֹּ֥אן וְהַבָּקָ֖ר עָל֣וֹת עָלָ֑י וּדְפָקוּם֙ י֣וֹם אֶחָ֔ד וָמֵ֖תוּ כָּל־הַצֹּֽאן:
14Now, let my master go ahead before his servant, and I will move [at] my own slow pace, according to the pace of the work that is before me and according to the pace of the children, until I come to my master, to Seir." ידיַֽעֲבָר־נָ֥א אֲדֹנִ֖י לִפְנֵ֣י עַבְדּ֑וֹ וַֽאֲנִ֞י אֶתְנַֽהֲלָ֣ה לְאִטִּ֗י לְרֶ֨גֶל הַמְּלָאכָ֤ה אֲשֶׁר־לְפָנַי֙ וּלְרֶ֣גֶל הַיְלָדִ֔ים עַ֛ד אֲשֶׁר־אָבֹ֥א אֶל־אֲדֹנִ֖י שֵׂעִֽירָה:
15Thereupon Esau said, "Let me leave with you some of the people who are with me." But he said, "Why [do] that? May I find favor in my master's eyes." טווַיֹּ֣אמֶר עֵשָׂ֔ו אַצִּֽיגָה־נָּ֣א עִמְּךָ֔ מִן־הָעָ֖ם אֲשֶׁ֣ר אִתִּ֑י וַיֹּ֨אמֶר֙ לָ֣מָּה זֶּ֔ה אֶמְצָא־חֵ֖ן בְּעֵינֵ֥י אֲדֹנִֽי:
16So Esau returned on that day on his way to Seir. טזוַיָּ֩שָׁב֩ בַּיּ֨וֹם הַה֥וּא עֵשָׂ֛ו לְדַרְכּ֖וֹ שֵׂעִֽירָה:
17And Jacob traveled to Succoth and built himself a house, and for his cattle he made booths; therefore he named the place Succoth. יזוְיַֽעֲקֹב֙ נָסַ֣ע סֻכֹּ֔תָה וַיִּ֥בֶן ל֖וֹ בָּ֑יִת וּלְמִקְנֵ֨הוּ֙ עָשָׂ֣ה סֻכֹּ֔ת עַל־כֵּ֛ן קָרָ֥א שֵֽׁם־הַמָּק֖וֹם סֻכּֽוֹת:
18And Jacob came safely [to] the city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, when he came from Padan aram, and he encamped before the city. יחוַיָּבֹא֩ יַֽעֲקֹ֨ב שָׁלֵ֜ם עִ֣יר שְׁכֶ֗ם אֲשֶׁר֙ בְּאֶ֣רֶץ כְּנַ֔עַן בְּבֹא֖וֹ מִפַּדַּ֣ן אֲרָ֑ם וַיִּ֖חַן אֶת־פְּנֵ֥י הָעִֽיר:
19And he bought the part of the field where he had pitched his tent from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem, for a hundred kesitas. יטוַיִּ֜קֶן אֶת־חֶלְקַ֣ת הַשָּׂדֶ֗ה אֲשֶׁ֤ר נָֽטָה־שָׁם֙ אָהֳל֔וֹ מִיַּ֥ד בְּנֵֽי־חֲמ֖וֹר אֲבִ֣י שְׁכֶ֑ם בְּמֵאָ֖ה קְשִׂיטָֽה:
20There he erected an altar, and he named it "God is the God of Israel." כוַיַּצֶּב־שָׁ֖ם מִזְבֵּ֑חַ וַיִּ֨קְרָא־ל֔וֹ אֵ֖ל אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵֽל:

1Jacob lifted his eyes and saw, and behold, Esau was coming, and with him were four hundred men; so he divided the children with Leah and with Rachel and with the two maidservants. אוַיִּשָּׂ֨א יַֽעֲקֹ֜ב עֵינָ֗יו וַיַּרְא֙ וְהִנֵּ֣ה עֵשָׂ֣ו בָּ֔א וְעִמּ֕וֹ אַרְבַּ֥ע מֵא֖וֹת אִ֑ישׁ וַיַּ֣חַץ אֶת־הַיְלָדִ֗ים עַל־לֵאָה֙ וְעַל־רָחֵ֔ל וְעַ֖ל שְׁתֵּ֥י הַשְּׁפָחֽוֹת:
2And he placed the maidservants and their children first and Leah and her children after, and Rachel and her Joseph last. בוַיָּ֧שֶׂם אֶת־הַשְּׁפָח֛וֹת וְאֶת־יַלְדֵיהֶ֖ן רִֽאשֹׁנָ֑ה וְאֶת־לֵאָ֤ה וִֽילָדֶ֨יהָ֙ אַֽחֲרֹנִ֔ים וְאֶת־רָחֵ֥ל וְאֶת־יוֹסֵ֖ף אַֽחֲרֹנִֽים:
3And he went ahead of them and prostrated himself to the ground seven times, until he came close to his brother. גוְה֖וּא עָבַ֣ר לִפְנֵיהֶ֑ם וַיִּשְׁתַּ֤חוּ אַ֨רְצָה֙ שֶׁ֣בַע פְּעָמִ֔ים עַד־גִּשְׁתּ֖וֹ עַד־אָחִֽיו:
4And Esau ran toward him and embraced him, and he fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept. דוַיָּ֨רָץ עֵשָׂ֤ו לִקְרָאתוֹ֙ וַיְחַבְּקֵ֔הוּ וַיִּפֹּ֥ל עַל־צַוָּארָ֖יו (כתיב צוארו ) וַֹיִֹשָֹׁקֵֹ֑הֹוֹּ וַיִּבְכּֽוּ:
5And he lifted his eyes and saw the women and the children, and he said, "Who are these to you?" And he said, "The children with whom God has favored your servant." הוַיִּשָּׂ֣א אֶת־עֵינָ֗יו וַיַּ֤רְא אֶת־הַנָּשִׁים֙ וְאֶת־הַיְלָדִ֔ים וַיֹּ֖אמֶר מִי־אֵ֣לֶּה לָּ֑ךְ וַיֹּאמַ֕ר הַיְלָדִ֕ים אֲשֶׁר־חָנַ֥ן אֱלֹהִ֖ים אֶת־עַבְדֶּֽךָ:
6And the maidservants and their children drew near and prostrated themselves. ווַתִּגַּ֧שְׁןָ הַשְּׁפָח֛וֹת הֵ֥נָּה וְיַלְדֵיהֶ֖ן וַתִּשְׁתַּֽחֲוֶֽיןָ:
7And Leah and her children drew near and prostrated themselves, and after [them], Joseph and Rachel drew near and prostrated themselves. זוַתִּגַּ֧שׁ גַּם־לֵאָ֛ה וִֽילָדֶ֖יהָ וַיִּשְׁתַּֽחֲו֑וּ וְאַחַ֗ר נִגַּ֥שׁ יוֹסֵ֛ף וְרָחֵ֖ל וַיִּשְׁתַּֽחֲוֽוּ:
8And he said, "What is to you [the purpose of] all this camp that I have met?" And he said, "To find favor in my master's eyes." חוַיֹּ֕אמֶר מִ֥י לְךָ֛ כָּל־הַמַּֽחֲנֶ֥ה הַזֶּ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר פָּגָ֑שְׁתִּי וַיֹּ֕אמֶר לִמְצֹא־חֵ֖ן בְּעֵינֵ֥י אֲדֹנִֽי:
9But Esau said, "I have plenty, my brother; let what you have remain yours." טוַיֹּ֥אמֶר עֵשָׂ֖ו יֶשׁ־לִ֣י רָ֑ב אָחִ֕י יְהִ֥י לְךָ֖ אֲשֶׁר־לָֽךְ:
10Thereupon Jacob said, "Please no! If indeed I have found favor in your eyes, then you shall take my gift from my hand, because I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of an angel, and you have accepted me. יוַיֹּ֣אמֶר יַֽעֲקֹ֗ב אַל־נָא֙ אִם־נָ֨א מָצָ֤אתִי חֵן֙ בְּעֵינֶ֔יךָ וְלָֽקַחְתָּ֥ מִנְחָתִ֖י מִיָּדִ֑י כִּ֣י עַל־כֵּ֞ן רָאִ֣יתִי פָנֶ֗יךָ כִּרְאֹ֛ת פְּנֵ֥י אֱלֹהִ֖ים וַתִּרְצֵֽנִי:
11Now take my gift, which has been brought to you, for God has favored me [with it], and [because] I have everything." He prevailed upon him, and he took [it]. יאקַח־נָ֤א אֶת־בִּרְכָתִי֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר הֻבָ֣את לָ֔ךְ כִּֽי־חַנַּ֥נִי אֱלֹהִ֖ים וְכִ֣י יֶשׁ־לִי־כֹ֑ל וַיִּפְצַר־בּ֖וֹ וַיִּקָּֽח:
12Thereupon, he said, "Travel and we will go, and I will go alongside you." יבוַיֹּ֖אמֶר נִסְעָ֣ה וְנֵלֵ֑כָה וְאֵֽלְכָ֖ה לְנֶגְדֶּֽךָ:
13And he said to him, "My master knows that the children are tender, and the flocks and the cattle, which are raising their young, depend upon me, and if they overdrive them one day, all the flocks will die. יגוַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלָ֗יו אֲדֹנִ֤י יֹדֵ֨עַ֙ כִּֽי־הַיְלָדִ֣ים רַכִּ֔ים וְהַצֹּ֥אן וְהַבָּקָ֖ר עָל֣וֹת עָלָ֑י וּדְפָקוּם֙ י֣וֹם אֶחָ֔ד וָמֵ֖תוּ כָּל־הַצֹּֽאן:
14Now, let my master go ahead before his servant, and I will move [at] my own slow pace, according to the pace of the work that is before me and according to the pace of the children, until I come to my master, to Seir." ידיַֽעֲבָר־נָ֥א אֲדֹנִ֖י לִפְנֵ֣י עַבְדּ֑וֹ וַֽאֲנִ֞י אֶתְנַֽהֲלָ֣ה לְאִטִּ֗י לְרֶ֨גֶל הַמְּלָאכָ֤ה אֲשֶׁר־לְפָנַי֙ וּלְרֶ֣גֶל הַיְלָדִ֔ים עַ֛ד אֲשֶׁר־אָבֹ֥א אֶל־אֲדֹנִ֖י שֵׂעִֽירָה:
15Thereupon Esau said, "Let me leave with you some of the people who are with me." But he said, "Why [do] that? May I find favor in my master's eyes." טווַיֹּ֣אמֶר עֵשָׂ֔ו אַצִּֽיגָה־נָּ֣א עִמְּךָ֔ מִן־הָעָ֖ם אֲשֶׁ֣ר אִתִּ֑י וַיֹּ֨אמֶר֙ לָ֣מָּה זֶּ֔ה אֶמְצָא־חֵ֖ן בְּעֵינֵ֥י אֲדֹנִֽי:
16So Esau returned on that day on his way to Seir. טזוַיָּ֩שָׁב֩ בַּיּ֨וֹם הַה֥וּא עֵשָׂ֛ו לְדַרְכּ֖וֹ שֵׂעִֽירָה:
17And Jacob traveled to Succoth and built himself a house, and for his cattle he made booths; therefore he named the place Succoth. יזוְיַֽעֲקֹב֙ נָסַ֣ע סֻכֹּ֔תָה וַיִּ֥בֶן ל֖וֹ בָּ֑יִת וּלְמִקְנֵ֨הוּ֙ עָשָׂ֣ה סֻכֹּ֔ת עַל־כֵּ֛ן קָרָ֥א שֵֽׁם־הַמָּק֖וֹם סֻכּֽוֹת:
18And Jacob came safely [to] the city of Shechem, which is in the land of Canaan, when he came from Padan aram, and he encamped before the city. יחוַיָּבֹא֩ יַֽעֲקֹ֨ב שָׁלֵ֜ם עִ֣יר שְׁכֶ֗ם אֲשֶׁר֙ בְּאֶ֣רֶץ כְּנַ֔עַן בְּבֹא֖וֹ מִפַּדַּ֣ן אֲרָ֑ם וַיִּ֖חַן אֶת־פְּנֵ֥י הָעִֽיר:
19And he bought the part of the field where he had pitched his tent from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem, for a hundred kesitas. יטוַיִּ֜קֶן אֶת־חֶלְקַ֣ת הַשָּׂדֶ֗ה אֲשֶׁ֤ר נָֽטָה־שָׁם֙ אָהֳל֔וֹ מִיַּ֥ד בְּנֵֽי־חֲמ֖וֹר אֲבִ֣י שְׁכֶ֑ם בְּמֵאָ֖ה קְשִׂיטָֽה:
20There he erected an altar, and he named it "God is the God of Israel." כוַיַּצֶּב־שָׁ֖ם מִזְבֵּ֑חַ וַיִּ֨קְרָא־ל֔וֹ אֵ֖ל אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵֽל:

Blessed be The Holy One of Salvation whom visited ya'akov in vision of a dream and Spirit

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Blessed be The Holy One of Salvation whom visited ya'akov in vision of a dream and Spirit
Tender dreams of grapes with seeds..

Within the spirit of patience I saw a man esauv move on without to wed an ishmalite woman or 2 with no mention of dowry.?

And with further instruction heard tell how it was an alliance of such a family that conspired with Egypt for a generation or 2 when yosef was overtaken.
What's more is the alliance had an eventuality of an hardened heart..

While binyamin had not known the comfort of his mother, " esauv had. What then of an elder who ignored a mothers instruction?

They marry a bond woman!

>Do you recall what ole Sh'aul spoke of concerning a mother?
>The command with a promise is?

Blessings Always

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,239.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Ya'akov was truly afraid of his brother, in light of the birthright and blessing, yet heaven sought to strengthen his faith, for Fear is counterproductive to Faith.

Yet Ya'akov prostrated himself before his brother 7x and referred to him as lord, seeking Favor in his brother's eyes, and Ya'akov saw the Favor that he was hoping for in his brother's eyes and actions.

Or who is it that blessed Esauv? who (for the moment) showed no sign of enmity.

Better yet, when His people have an enemy, who is it that raises them up against His people?

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ya'akov was truly afraid of his brother, in light of the birthright and blessing, yet heaven sought to strengthen his faith, for Fear is counterproductive to Faith.

Yet Ya'akov prostrated himself before his brother 7x and referred to him as lord, seeking Favor in his brother's eyes, and Ya'akov saw the Favor that he was hoping for in his brother's eyes and actions.

Or who is it that blessed Esauv? who (for the moment) showed no sign of enmity.

Better yet, when His people have an enemy, who is it that raises them up against His people?
In esauvs actions I agree.

I do not believe that ya'akov feared his brother. I believe he respected and adored him regardless of his past intentions. Which is something I imagine esauv may have not considered that his brother knew of.

I come from a school of thought where respect is given, not earned..

As you have stated before concerning the wrestling. I saw no fear in the spirit, soul, nor flesh of ya'akov. Why else would he have himself ahead of his family and then heed his brother of responsibility.

True,
some may workout their salvation with fear and trembling.
What then of a strength in forgiveness. " Oxen with a single horn likened to a pillar"
Strength Like Faith in that Yeshua and His Father are One just as has Been spoken. Just as how avraham and yitzhaq are one.

The difference I found in quayin and esauv, is that esauv is afforded forgiveness while quayin was not.

Blessings Always.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0