Sydney
✟15,436.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I asked a girl if she would go on a date with me, and now we’ve been on four dates.

The fifth date is coming up soon, and I want to know how two people progress from ‘dating’ like this, to being boyfriend and girlfriend (with the end goal being marriage)?

How do I bring this up in conversation? What do I even say?

Please give me some advice! I’m very nervous about this and don’t want to make any big mistakes

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The discussion is one where you discuss if you both want to be exclusively dating each other. I haven't ever had this conversation because we both always just naturally flowed into that state through dating. Even getting married was a flow which started with natural conversations discussing what we wanted out of life and what we expected out of marriage. It becomes official with a formal proposal. If the proposal is the first time your significant other and you have discussed marriage, then it is too soon.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Time, time and more time. Four dates is nothing.

Don't see this as a box ticking exercise and do NOT rush any part of the process. You're not doing a driving test, you are two unique individuals going through a unique experience. If you're getting along don't question any of it, just work on spending more TIME together. Just don't chase if she pulls away or goes hot and cold on you, because those are GREAT signs, just play it cool there.

You'll naturally start gravitating towards each other physically, and that'll be all your questions answered. The googly eyed, soppy expression followed with a tight low back embrace is the universal green light that you're there.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked a girl if she would go on a date with me, and now we’ve been on four dates.

The fifth date is coming up soon, and I want to know how two people progress from ‘dating’ like this, to being boyfriend and girlfriend (with the end goal being marriage)?

Please give me some advice! I’m very nervous about this and don’t want to make any big mistakes
Its still too early. When you stop calling it dating you are safe to confirm you are "in a relationship".

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

Well....it's one thing to want a thing yourself, another to be on the same page together. You ought to just tell her, if it's true, that you want to exclusively date her and you consider her to be the kind of woman worthy of marriage.

She may be very happy or she might tell you she's not ready for that sort of commitment yet. Whatever you do, respect her wishes. If she's not open to marriage, move on.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answers. Some know after several dates. Others require months of engagement.

An honest admission of your enjoyment of her company and growing fondness is a good starting point. You’ll get an idea of where she’s at.

~Bella

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0