Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually you can tell a lot, such as brain size and apelike facial features, and you add to that what is found in their habitations, such as the advanced stone tool usage.

It appears that you are not distinguishing what Science has established as evolutionary fact from evolutionary theory.

Evolutionary fact: Life evolved from earlier life, with one species changing into other species, going back to a single type of organism.

Evolutionary theory: The process driving evolution. Current theory includes--natural selection, genetic drift, punctuated evolution, etc. Theistic evolutionists would theorize that God directs evolution, at least in part.

You also don't seem to recognize what a scientific theory is. It is not the same thing as a philosophical theory, which in science would be the equivalent of a hypothesis. A scientific theory is an overarching idea based on the wealth of data collected, for example, the theory of gravity or the theory of relativity.
Different species that are able to interbreed are not able to reproduce. Again, that shows proof of design, and not evolution.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But you notice it has gone back and forth over time. This is because it is truly a transitional form. That's what happens when life evolves. You run into these fossils that don't clearly fit into your categories, but you are forced for convenience sake to either assign them an existing category that doesn't really fit (as is the case with Homo Habilus), or make up a new category for them (as was done for the Australopithecines).
It has a beak and not teeth. It has feathers and not scales.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 1 is not prophecy.

Of course it is prophecy. Isaiah 46:10

Genesis 1 is not only the history of the first week; it is the
prophecy for all of history from creation to the end of time.
2 Peter 3:8

Example: Day 1
Creation from nothing, creation of light, separation of light from dark.

First Millennia
Adam created perfect, walked with God in the garden.
Adam sinned, kicked out of the garden, mankind separated from God.

Please read: "God's 7000 Year Plan"
Bible Baptist Publications

The earth is currently dying. Without intervention, it won't
last another hundred years, much less a thousand.
Scientists Just Revealed Something Truly Terrible About the World's Ecosystems

Mass Animal Deaths 2017 - Updated List of Worldwide Die Offs

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It has a beak and not teeth. It has feathers and not scales.
Actually archaeopteryx DOES have teeth--a full set.

And protarchaeopteryx also has feathers but is classified as a dino.

All birds have scales on their feet. it's a holdover.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Different species that are able to interbreed are not able to reproduce. Again, that shows proof of design, and not evolution.
This doesn't apply to species that don't coexist, now, does it? If they are separated by millions of years, the question is moot. The point is, as that species evolves along the way, from one species to another, at any one point, it is able to breed with itself.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually archaeopteryx DOES have teeth--a full set.

And protarchaeopteryx also has feathers but is classified as a dino.

All birds have scales on their feet. it's a holdover.
You are correct, they did have teeth. My mistake, sorry. So, the bottom line is this: Does a person want to believe that life forms evolved, or were they created? And remember, Evolution is still a unproven theory.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This doesn't apply to species that don't coexist, now, does it? If they are separated by millions of years, the question is moot. The point is, as that species evolves along the way, from one species to another, at any one point, it is able to breed with itself.
Not sure what you are saying.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Not sure what you are saying.
You can't expect an earlier form to be able to interbreed with a later form, if the later form has evolved so much that it has speciated. Part of the definition of speciation is that the parent species and the child species no longer interbreed and produce fertile offspring.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
You are correct, they did have teeth. My mistake, sorry. So, the bottom line is this: Does a person want to believe that life forms evolved, or were they created? And remember, Evolution is still a unproven theory.
It has nothing to do with want I want. I used to be a creationist. It was absolutely shocking to me when I was confronted by the overwhelming evidence for evolution. I felt like the rug was being pulled out from under me. This wasn't supposed to happen! All the pieces had flown up in the air. But you know what? When everything had settled again, God was still the creator of the universe.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That is
You can't expect an earlier form to be able to interbreed with a later form, if the later form has evolved so much that it has speciated. Part of the definition of speciation is that the parent species and the child species no longer interbreed and produce fertile offspring.
That is to assume evolution took place. Genetics and that work is very interesting, but nothing observed gives any proof to evolution, of one kind of animal becoming a completely different kind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It has nothing to do with want I want. I used to be a creationist. It was absolutely shocking to me when I was confronted by the overwhelming evidence for evolution. I felt like the rug was being pulled out from under me. This wasn't supposed to happen! All the pieces had flown up in the air. But you know what? When everything had settled again, God was still the creator of the universe.
It has always been taught that the creation days were epochs of time. The literal creation days was not taught until about the 1800's. The bible does not say how old the world is.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
That is

That is to assume evolution took place. Genetics and that work is very interesting, but nothing observed gives any proof to evolution, of one kind of animal becoming a completely different kind.
We have instances of plants becoming entirely new species in our lifetime. By new species I mean that the new species can no longer procreate with the old species.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It has always been taught that the creation days were epochs of time. The literal creation days was not taught until about the 1800's. The bible does not say how old the world is.
I grew up in a six 24 hour day Creationist home. It was when I began bringing home what I was learning at the university that my father adopted the "one day can be a billion years" idea.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I grew up in a six 24 hour day Creationist home. It was when I began bringing home what I was learning at the university that my father adopted the "one day can be a billion years" idea.
Example:

Epoch of time.

God said:

Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 3:5
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

After Adam ate the fruit, he continued to live for nearly a thousand years, until he finally died.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Proof please.
Here is a good article. Scientific American is a reasonably respected Scientific Magazine, but is much more readable than a classic scientific journal.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/evolution-watching-speciation-occur-observations/

Here is an example of speciation occuring with bacteria within a month at a lab:
Breakthrough: Scientists See the Evolution of a New Species Occur in a Flask

Here is an actual research article published in a scientific journal documenting the recent evolution of a new finch species. Difficult reading.
Rapid hybrid speciation in Darwin’s finches

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here is a good article. Scientific American is a reasonably respected Scientific Magazine, but is much more readable than a classic scientific journal.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/evolution-watching-speciation-occur-observations/

Here is an example of speciation occuring with bacteria within a month at a lab:
Breakthrough: Scientists See the Evolution of a New Species Occur in a Flask

Here is an actual research article published in a scientific journal documenting the recent evolution of a new finch species. Difficult reading.
Rapid hybrid speciation in Darwin’s finches

If it is true, then perhaps this verses applies:

John 5:17
In his defense Yahshua said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”

Reactions: Open Heart
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

The problem with proof is that those species we
know of that separated long enough that they can
no longer reproduce are not because of changes
to the DNA, which evolution requires, but loss of
data in the DNA, which leads to extinction, not
evolution.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem with proof is that those species we
know of that separated long enough that they can
no longer reproduce are not because of changes
to the DNA, which evolution requires, but loss of
data in the DNA, which leads to extinction, not
evolution.
I'm not sure I understand you. How is loss of DNA not the same thing as change of DNA?

Upvote 0