United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Transgender weightlifter’s gold medal sparks new debate
Women’s rights groups say that Hubbard, who competed for New Zealand in men’s weightlifting before her transition in her thirties, is having an “unfair” advantage against women and shouldn’t be allowed to compete in the Olympics in the women’s category

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife was a competitive swimmer. Thinking about her having to compete and swim against a man or men back in those days just does not seem fair? Plus, she and the other girls would have probably never won a meet.

Might as well let the transgenders compete and stay home.

M-Bob

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Transgender weightlifter’s gold medal sparks new debate
Women’s rights groups say that Hubbard, who competed for New Zealand in men’s weightlifting before her transition in her thirties, is having an “unfair” advantage against women and shouldn’t be allowed to compete in the Olympics in the women’s category

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife was a competitive swimmer. Thinking about her having to compete and swim against a man or men back in those days just does not seem fair? Plus, she and the other girls would have probably never won a meet.

Might as well let the transgenders compete and stay home.

M-Bob

Really they should have a separate category, I think, although I doubt there are enough people to make it competitive. Someone who has been training as a biological male for years is going to have an obvious advantage over a woman at the same level.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In some sports such as boxing, they have weight classifications, such as heavyweight or featherweight.

Natural women, with low testosterone levels, should remain the most restricted level.

Now we need testosterone classifications for trans. Let trans participate according to their birth sex and testosterone levels. There should be several trans levels available.

Finally, the open level where anyone, including natural men, can compete.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just makes me wonder who really supports things such as this?

Example
I worked in the same truck at the City for over 5 years with a gay lady coworker. As you can imagine we shared a lot together and became very close durning those years. Knowing that I was a Christian and with my listening to Christian radio much throughout the work day she eventually started asking me for prayer and letting me pray with her. We both have been retired for many, many years now but, still get together often to go out for lunch and have sushi. I can guarantee that this nice lady would not support transgenders competing against women.

I just cannot imagine who does?
Maybe more than I think?

Are we slipping away?
Hope not.
Bob

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really they should have a separate category, I think, although I doubt there are enough people to make it competitive. Someone who has been training as a biological male for years is going to have an obvious advantage over a woman at the same level.
The bottom line is the guy is NOT a woman. He is what he was born as... and if he wants to identify as a woman, even legally, I don't care. That's just where this fallen culture has gone. But to allow him to run, or lift, or kick or whatever it is he does against women is simply a slap in the face to all women who have worked their whole lives for that moment... now stolen by a confused dude.

God does not create people to sin... we choose to sin.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In some sports such as boxing, they have weight classifications, such as heavyweight or featherweight.
Right... and if I decide to identify as a welterweight female, despite being a 250 pound male... I should be able to. Gonna get me a gold medal. :)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right... and if I decide to identify as a welterweight female, despite being a 250 pound male... I should be able to. Gonna get me a gold medal. :)

Never thought of it that way.
Jeepers even I could get a medal!
I know that ain't right.
MB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Guess he's not all bad.
He did give credit to his teammates.
Maybe his teammates didn't even have to
show up to win?

the self-identified six-year-old absolutely shattered every record set prior to that point. With a 1.000 batting average, 52 home runs, and an incredible showing at first base, second base, shortstop, third base, and pitcher, the man is being called an inspiration to other six-year-olds everywhere.

“I’m just proud to be here with my team.

Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems like you didn't understand my post regarding testosterone-based limits. If you are, in fact, a low-T male and wish to beat up some high-T females, I guess that would be legit. Maybe?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are, in fact, a low-T male and wish to beat up some high-T females, I guess that would be legit. Maybe?

No that wouldn't be fair either.
They have a pill now for that problem.
Modern medicine -- amazing.
MB

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems like you didn't understand my post regarding testosterone-based limits. If you are, in fact, a low-T male and wish to beat up some high-T females, I guess that would be legit. Maybe?
Whether one is low T or high.... we are born with certain parts that make us who we are. Since God doesn't create people to sin, or be what He deems an abomination... then low T or not, we are choosing to be ____ rather than who we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whether one is low T or high.... we are born with certain parts that make us who we are. Since God doesn't create people to sin, or be what He deems an abomination... then low T or not, we are choosing to be ____ rather than who we are.
My original post also dealt with natural males and natural female. I'm not sure why you have issues with my post.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My original post also dealt with natural males and natural female. I'm not sure why you have issues with my post.
I probably don't... I am bouncing back and forth between here and a Facebook thread I started inspired by this one. I'll go back and read your post.... but I wasn't really coming against you anyway... I was more playing off it. But you don't know me, so I shouldn't have done that.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You would be correct.
Most of these things fall under simple sin.
The world supports sin
more and more each day.

And now to make matters worse they want our elementary school teachers to teach that many of these sins are OK and we should not judge others no matter what they do.

Slowly slipping away.

MB

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's another problem with this.

When I played sports I didn't mind losing to other boys.

Man if I lost to a girl or girls I would have had to move out of the neighborhood.

I hate that.

Don't go there -- just speaking sports now.

Girls whipped me at many other things.
No surprise.

M-Bob

Upvote 0