Transgender boy wins Texas state wrestling championship...

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟370,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
by competing against girls. He's taking testosterone as part of his girl-to-boy transition. Critics say this gives him an unfair advantage. But the state allows such medication if it's used as treatment for a health condition. Which in this case, it is.

He actually wanted to compete against other boys. But Texas also has those "birth certificate" regulations which require athletes to participate in sports as the sex stated on their birth certificates. So he can only wrestle other girls, even though he's legally taking an anabolic steroid which allows him to develop greater muscle mass than most all of his opponents.

I wonder if the Texas authorities had any idea of the bizarre consequences of their poorly thought-out regulations.

Transgender teenage wrestler wins Texas state championship

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So a girl beat a boy in the wrestling championship whats the big deal? She is not a boy. Boys who are born male will remain that way for life. Regardless if you try to hide it or claim your something else, the truth is in your very DNA. Not to mention men who think hard enough that they are girls will not become pregnant lol. It's a disorder nothing more (GID).

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He should have been disqualified for taking testosterone and steroids. Even if medically necessary, those are absolutely performance enhancing drugs which give him an unfair advantage over his competition.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
He should have been disqualified for taking testosterone and steroids. Even if medically necessary, those are absolutely performance enhancing drugs which give him an unfair advantage over his competition.
He (thank you for taking the correct pronoun) should have been allowed to compete against the boys, like he wanted. There, it would have been fair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He (thank you for taking the correct pronoun) should have been allowed to compete against the boys, like he wanted. There, it would have been fair.
He still would have been taking performance enhancing drugs. I can't see any way to let him compete in any division while using steroids and testosterone; that would be unfair to the other competitors.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
by competing against girls. He's taking testosterone as part of his girl-to-boy transition. Critics say this gives him an unfair advantage. But the state allows such medication if it's used as treatment for a health condition. Which in this case, it is.

He actually wanted to compete against other boys. But Texas also has those "birth certificate" regulations which require athletes to participate in sports as the sex stated on their birth certificates. So he can only wrestle other girls, even though he's legally taking an anabolic steroid which allows him to develop greater muscle mass than most all of his opponents.

I wonder if the Texas authorities had any idea of the bizarre consequences of their poorly thought-out regulations.

Transgender teenage wrestler wins Texas state championship
Social issue aside. As a former competitor and now sports coach, I can see why the current rules would be unfair to non enhanced females.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He still would have been taking performance enhancing drugs. I can't see any way to let him compete in any division while using steroids and testosterone; that would be unfair to the other competitors.
After watching some co-ed Army sporting events, I have to agree. Women who compete against men in some cross-fit events work hard to compete at a male performance level. They are not allowed to use performance enhancing drugs and still do quite well.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,191,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When it comes to physical competition events, this is a tricky subject. If anyone wants to hear a good conversation on it (and isn't easily offended by edgy content), I'd recommend listening to the Joe Rogan podcast that he did with Buck Angel (Buck is a F-to-M adult film star).

They were discussing a matter where a Male-to-Female competitor was allowed compete with the biological women in MMA and was absolutely destroying them, and both agreed that it was an unfair advantage...keeping in mind, Buck & Joe were both pro-TransRights.

If Brock Lesnar decided tomorrow that he actually wants to go through the transition process and become a woman, some women are going to get seriously injured.

In the case of this scenario, a F-to-M competitor competing with biological males doesn't present the same challenge as in most cases, they're going to be going in at a slight disadvantage...however, physical competitions are going to be trickier to sort out since biological males do have certain physical advantages over biological females that no amount of hormone therapy is going to change.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well, if the hormones keep him at the same level as an average boy of her age... But yeah, it's a bit problematic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟487,364.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
#1 The teen is not wrestling boys.

#2 The teen is on testosterone, something that can boost muscle mass to an unfair advantage.
My post was in response to someone else's and made sense in context.

I even quoted.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not actually what is described in this story, but good try!
Then correct me please?

From Dr McHugh:

"This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.

This assumption, that one’s gender is only in the mind regardless of anatomical reality, has led some transgendered people to push for social acceptance and affirmation of their own subjective “personal truth,” said Dr. McHugh.

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

"Children with gender dysphoria may manifest coexisting separation anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and symptoms of depression.

Adolescents are particularly at risk for depression and suicidal ideation and suicide attempts."

Gender Dysphoria | Psychology Today

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,138,696.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Then correct me please?

From Dr McHugh:

"This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.

This assumption, that one’s gender is only in the mind regardless of anatomical reality, has led some transgendered people to push for social acceptance and affirmation of their own subjective “personal truth,” said Dr. McHugh.

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ‘Biologically Impossible’

"Children with gender dysphoria may manifest coexisting separation anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and symptoms of depression.

Adolescents are particularly at risk for depression and suicidal ideation and suicide attempts."

Gender Dysphoria | Psychology Today
Reread the OP, he was competing against girls.

Upvote 0