Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have at last persuaded someone i love to study the Bible with me. This person has never done this before.

It is amazing, after just a week of beginning the Gospels, quietly reading, reflecting and exchanging thoughts a change has begun in both of us. He can discern the clear voice of Christ speaking through the New Testament. Jesus is becoming real to a soul who never really considered the matter before. Every verse and chapter provides food for thought. Triggering thoughts and curiosity about the layers of meaning in the precious words. The power becomes apparent. Eventually causing scales to fall from eyes. Heart to open. Ears to hear. A soul to be fed and watered that was thirsty and hungry but not even aware of it.

We both feel a new harmony, understanding and peace between us ALL day long.

If you want to repair your relationship with a loved one, invite them to read the Bible together. Gently, lovingly, introduce them to a new life. Let the Holy Spirit bring you together.

Make it a routine. A pleasant oasis of time in your busy days. If something is important, you can find time. To save your eternal destiny together.

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This happens so often it is no coincidence. Every single time i make progress to bring a person into the path to Christ, i get setbacks in the form of illness - false illness. I have come to expect it. I am certain the devil is to blame. Prayer combats it.

I had just got into a good sound daily routine of reading the Bible together when we both got symptoms of a virus - fatigue, aching, temperature. We thought of covid. Terrified we isolated and got tested - twice. Both negative after 3 days waiting each time. What on earth was this? Just feeling better now but that routine above is disrupted.
A few months ago i was just making real progress with a friend to learn of Jesus and i was struck with a physical illness with lots of pain for weeks - it turned out to be a minor matter that has now healed completely!

I know the devil works like this. Each time it happens, i pray deeply and God helps me. I admit it does make me scared to help others, but i know that it is my duty and i will keep going. To bring our friends and families to Jesus is our duty. To spread the good news of Christ to all in every way. Including how we handle adversity shows others the glory of the power of God.
It is not an easy path. Jesus never promised it would be. The devil ensures it is not! But he is ultimately powerless, like a lion with teeth and claws removed. I try to remember that. Each 'illness' has been false. I have grown in my faith.
It is a matter of vigilance, faith and listening to just our great Shepherd's voice above all others.
Does anyone here understand this subtle daily spiritual battle? Do you find similar things happening to you?

Upvote 0

Kobo

Mar 9, 2021
Chicago
✟10,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This happens so often it is no coincidence. Every single time i make progress to bring a person into the path to Christ, i get setbacks in the form of illness - false illness. I have come to expect it. I am certain the devil is to blame. Prayer combats it.
Does anyone here understand this subtle daily spiritual battle? Do you find similar things happening to you?
God tries to get our attention even with that which we conveniently like to label as "spiritual battles".

Here's a question for you, you say you read the Gospels with friends and family, do you also commit yourself to accept (trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ as made clear to you in your studies? Or do you refuse to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments even as you learn of them through your studying of the Gospels?

Jesus Christ is the New Covenant that God promised through His prophets to His people, and very much like the Old Covenant(which was made between God and His people Israel for Law in the Land of Israel), the New Covenant comes complete with its own set of Commandments, Blessings(for those who accept and obey), Curses(for those who refuse to accept and obey), Promises, a Seal, etc.

So when you make a commitment to believing in Jesus Christ, you sign your life over to this contract, in its entirety and it is in your interest that you not honor the terms and conditions of the deal so that you can enjoy the benefits included, rather than the having to be faced with penalities instead.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God tries to get our attention even with that which we conveniently like to label as "spiritual battles".

Here's a question for you, you say you read the Gospels with friends and family, do you also commit yourself to accept (trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ as made clear to you in your studies? Or do you refuse to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments even as you learn of them through your studying of the Gospels?

Jesus Christ is the New Covenant that God promised through His prophets to His people, and very much like the Old Covenant(which was made between God and His people Israel for Law in the Land of Israel), the New Covenant comes complete with its own set of Commandments, Blessings(for those who accept and obey), Curses(for those who refuse to accept and obey), Promises, a Seal, etc.

So when you make a commitment to believing in Jesus Christ, you sign your life over to this contract, in its entirety and it is in your interest that you not honor the terms and conditions of the deal so that you can enjoy the benefits included, rather than the having to be faced with penalities instead.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi
You have some good points. I do my best to understand and obey God's word. I find consistently how hard life becomes as i succeed in bringing anyone towards Christ. Things go wrong for me and pain comes along. However, i pray and ask for help and it always comes. It is a battle of good and evil.

Upvote 0