Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Depends on your phone - you can probably just plug it into the computer and copy them to the phone that way (a lot of manufacturers even make optional software you can install to make this easier).

You can also upload them to a cloud service like Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive... and then sign into said service on your phone and download them that way.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Do you have your charging/data transfer cable? Plug it into your desktop and cell. In your cell give permission for the desktop to access your cell. Then copy and paste like you normally do.

Else just upload to cloud storage and down from your cell.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you get e-mail on the cell then you can just e-mail yourself the pics and get them when you check e-mail on the cell.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you have your charging/data transfer cable? Plug it into your desktop and cell. In your cell give permission for the desktop to access your cell. Then copy and paste like you normally do.

I don't have cloud on my desktop. I was trying to figure what cable would work. What does a c/data transfer cable look like. I have lots of cables but don't know their names.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you get e-mail on the cell then you can just e-mail yourself the pics and get them when you check e-mail on the cell.
Good idea, but slow. If all else fails that will be next:)

Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Is your desktop Internet connected at all? You can sign up to free services (like the ones I mentioned) on both your phone and desktop.

I don't have cloud on my desktop. I was trying to figure what cable would work. What does a c/data transfer cable look like. I have lots of cables but don't know their names.

iu

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,740.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
It's faster than all the other ideas. I use it.

With all due respect, that is definitely the slowest of the three options provided, especially depending on all the factors involved (email provider, ISP, mail client/s). If you have to upload something to the Internet, it's going to be far more efficient (and reliable) to store it in the cloud than an email server.

It works. It's an option. I'm not arguing that - it's just not the best option.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

It's the same cable you use to charge your phone. You can use the below guide to help you through. Instead of copy file from the phone to pc just to the opposite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
With all due respect, that is definitely the slowest of the three options provided, especially depending on all the factors involved (email provider, ISP, mail client/s). If you have to upload something to the Internet, it's going to be far more efficient (and reliable) to store it in the cloud than an email server.

It works. It's an option. I'm not arguing that - it's just not the best option.

I have used all three ways and the e-mail way is the easiest and fastest as it is instant for me.

• Agree
Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I agree with emailing the pics to yourself, I personally have a separate email account just for my phone to receive files from my desktop computer on my normal email account. Hooking up a cable between a computer and phone and trying to move files from one to another requires some skill in usage of both such that if you are asking how to do it here then likely you would get lost trying to find the pic on your computer and moving it to your phone have problems where it landed to view it but an email with a pic on it if you mess up downloading the pic from email you can try over and over as long as you don't delete the email it is still there.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

It's plugged into the USB charging. It doesn't give me the choice of charge or transfer.
How do you give permission for the desktop to access the cell?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's plugged into the USB charging. It doesn't give me the choice of charge or transfer.
How do you give permission for the desktop to access the cell?
Thats okay, I was just trying to make it easier on myself:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nhaas11

Christian News: http://www.shekach.com
Oct 3, 2015
Fresno Ca
Visit site
✟8,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you have Google Email, and an Android. Put them in your Docs and now they are in the cloud...
If you use protonMail Well the same thing, proton Drive!

Upvote 0