Not open for further replies.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Our prisons are a mess in the US. Prison reform is so low on the totem pole here it's ridiculous. Prisons and jails are nothing but cesspools of violence, drugs and more crime. Prisoners are NOT rehabilited and often come out far worse than when they went in.

I don't know why people are so bent out of shape over this transgender getting beat up. People are beaten up everyday in prison. Transgender or not. People are raped in prison all the time. People are stabbed and killed there. Prison is a sick and twisted place from the guards to the prisoners.

I say all if that to say prisons are necessary to remove the dangerous from the population. The guy that just killed all those people at the Christmas parade? He should have been in prison. He was a bad person.

That being said, prisons are poorly run poorly funded and do little to nothing about setting people on a better path.
This event occurred in a jail. Not in a prison. Most people in jail have not been convicted. Some of them are even innocent. And for many the punishment is so minor that if they cannot bail out time served is more than enough to let them go. This person appears to have been arrested for a rather minor crime. And they jail went against their onw policies and according to reports a person watched for a while rather than intervening. If you were innocent, or even guilty of only a minor infraction and found yourself in jail does that take away all of your rights?

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟99,960.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
is the reason they are being beaten is that they are transgender?

You're asking if bad people in prison beat up others for their sexuality? My answer is simple bad people beat/rape/shank anyone they don't like. Doesn't make a crime on LGBT inmate any more special than all other inmates. Does being LGBT makes you stand out? If yes then it is unfortunate. Same can be said about any other characteristics like race, religion, height even how your face looks.

All I'm seeing is people being assaulted which is bad and should be stopped. I don't subdivide into sexuality, race or etc.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,041.00
Faith
Christian
an interesting read. I'm left wondering why the complaining women waited 36 hours before complaining to staff and weeks before going to the police

How is that relevant?

"Why did you take so long to report a crime" is just another form of victim blaming.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: IceJad
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
There are transgender people who are NOT behaving in the way I posted and I am not disdainful of them. What I AM disdainful of is trans-radicalism and anti-woman trans-activism. I would like to see those with actual gender dysphoria be treated just as well as any other person and to have their human rights respected, but not at the expense of others who also deserve rights.
you do realize that only about 14% of transexuals have gender dysphoria right?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
You're asking if bad people in prison beat up others for their sexuality? My answer is simple bad people beat/rape/shank anyone they don't like. Doesn't make a crime on LGBT inmate any more special than all other inmates.
if it is the only reason it does.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,040.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This event occurred in a jail. Not in a prison. Most people in jail have not been convicted. Some of them are even innocent. And for many the punishment is so minor that if they cannot bail out time served is more than enough to let them go. This person appears to have been arrested for a rather minor crime. And they jail went against their onw policies and according to reports a person watched for a while rather than intervening. If you were innocent, or even guilty of only a minor infraction and found yourself in jail does that take away all of your rights?

No it does not and that was my point. It doesn't matter, jail or prison. These thing still happen to people there. Because they are a mess. It shouldn't happen no matter what. Lots of people get assaulted in jail. Putting the spotlight on a transgender lessens the impact that it happens to a lot of people for lots of reasons. All of them inexcusable.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A real man wants to protect women. 30 years ago a real man would have grabbed the guy and called the police. They would have sat her down and asked her if she was okay and if her child was okay. It was called indecent exposure. It was an arrestable offense.
Dat who down? What child, what indecent exposure? Did I miss something?

Men don’t have a good track record when it comes to protecting women. Especially 30 years ago when victims of rape and domestic violence were not taken seriously by law enforcement and even male family members.

If you as a woman want to believe a person walking around with an erect penis is a woman, so help you. You are furthering misogyny and furthering the oppression of us all.
. Who is this person "walking around with an erect penis"?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, not anti-woman, but you accused me of having "disdain for transgender women".
. You’ve absolutely and explicitly expressed that on CF, in fact you bring the topic up in unrelated threads. Others here share your beliefs but don’t come across as disdainful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because murder isn't a violent crime, I get it. I'm sure there is another epidemic under that rock right over there that we can also concoct.
Murder is one kind of violent crime and you can’t dispute stats about violent crime by eliminating all kinds but one from the equation. That’s not logical at all.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
. You’ve absolutely and explicitly expressed that on CF, in fact you bring the topic up in unrelated threads. Others here share your beliefs but don’t come across as disdainful.

So you can believe what you wish to believe about me and my motives, but rebuke me for having my own beliefs about what I've perceived of others within numerous threads? That's a bit hypocritical of you, and considering that you've now spent multiple posts directly attacking me, any further conversation between us in this thread and any other thread is now over.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
So does that mean 86% of transexuals are just on a lark?

I don't know where SilverBear got these statistics, but I'd imagine that it's the 86% and not the 14% who are causing all of the trouble and creating all of the conflicts between women and trans people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.