Trans woman beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When a regular man/women gets beat up in prison no one bats an eyelid. To them it is but another event passing them by. Why care about bad people unrelated to you beating each other up? Now add a variable, LGBTQ it suddenly becomes news people care about.

If one cares not for the former why care about the later? You have to ask yourself that question. A crime is a crime.

I give you 2 scenarios:

1. A transgender woman get beats up in prison by male inmates. By and large society sees it as transphobia.
2. A pedophile get beats up in prison by male inmates. By and large society sees it as justice.

My take is that both are crimes and both offenders are equally deserving of safety. My personal grudge against the crimes they commit shouldn't be a factor in their prison treatment.
You're wrong, being Transgender isn't a crime.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,524.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No problem! Actually, I'm kinda impressed. May I asked how you got that post? I have found the search function on this website to be vEEEEEERY close to useless.

I was looking for a different post of yours....couldn't find it.

I guess it kinda depends on what you mean when you say a "choice".

Ok.

The First Nations kids in Residential schools in Canada had a CHOICE to not speak their language ever again or to continue to speak it. But if they spoke it, they'd get beat or raped, they would be told how dirty and subhuman they are; it would be made clear that doing so makes them worthy of nothing and that if they ever would want to BE something, they would not speak their native tongue anymore.

So is a choice under durress still a choice? I dunno.

Sounds horrible.

I'm talking about trans people today....not people facing a much different choice at a different time.

I suppose you can say all choices have an element of social influence.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,524.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I was looking for a different post of yours....couldn't find it.

Ok.

Sounds horrible.

I'm talking about trans people today....not people facing a much different choice at a different time.

I suppose you can say all choices have an element of social influence.
Many do but questions about identity and how it relates to physical safety are not two spheres that should overlap.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The HRC in conjunction with the FBI notes that there have been 46 transexuals murdered in 2021 with the police identifying that the motive for the killing was the fact that they were transsexual

And at least four black women have been killed every day.

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing appropriate about a woman (or man) being beaten, regardless of the reason. IMHO she has a good shot at winning in court.

It looks like a slam dunk to me. That sheriff's department did not follow the policies for the whole department. A person is supposed to be jailed under the gender that they identify with. Worse yet, and this is totally inexcusable regardless of the gender:

"According to the complaint, which seeks unspecified damages, a deputy or deputies watched the assault and did not immediately try to stop the attack."

This is going to cost them millions and it would be best for the department to fire anyone directly involved with this if possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prisons aren't set up to keep people in solitary confinement for the duration of their sentence.

I thought it was a holding cell. Because wasn't the person responsible a police officer not a jail guard? If so it was probably at a police house or some other holding area that people are kept at after being arrested but before sentencing.

Solitary confinement is punishment.

Not if someone asks for it.

If your choice is a shared cell or a solitary cell to be held in after being arrested and you choose solitary due to wanting to be alone or for safety reasons you should be able to say you want solitary.
Again from what I read this wasn't given as a choice but rather the officer went against written policy where this person was placed in with men.

If a prisoner is in the general population they have full access to the library, gym, the commissary, the yard for exercise and social interaction, various programs to help them when they get out like getting a GED or work training programs or life skills programs.

I don't believe most prisons have nearly enough rehabilitation programs.
Also please remember you live in a different country to me and this is not an American board. I can't say I know US law at all but again going on what I have seen most prisons are not places of rehabilitation either in the US or here.
Also it isn't just what goes on in prison but the programs that are in place once people come out of prison. If there are no government incentives in place to hire people coming out then they are less likely to get jobs and more likely to go back to crime.

Solitary confinement is none of that, it's getting to stand in a dog run once a week for a half hour for exercise, 1 shower a week under heavy guard, a few books with few choices to choose from once a week and that's it, nothing else. It's used as minimally as possible, for the shortest possible duration because people, prisoners or no, need all the rest or they'll go crazy.

It's only for people who really can't be in general population...

Solitary confinement is whatever a country decides it will be just as is the entire prison and law system. But again this person was not, I don't believe, in prison yet. If they wanted to be alone they should have been able to be alone.

And if your countries solitary is so bad and you hate it enough to complain about it, then do something about it. Because if these prisons are rehabilitating the way you say they are
library, gym, the commissary, the yard for exercise and social interaction, various programs to help them when they get out like getting a GED or work training programs or life skills programs.
Surely they can also provide decent solitary for those who want that.

I'm not talking about solitary punishment but solitary as a viable safe choice for those who want solitary for safety reasons. They may just want solitary at night, a safe place to sleep. Certainly the cell would not need to be large for sleeping. And if its a holding cell before being formally convicted, this is still no reason why it can't have a tiny bathroom and some kind of reading materials or even a TV.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know someone currently in a social science program in university who regularly gets a tongue-lashing by the instructor every time she says "woman" instead of something to the equivalent of "person who menstruates" or some other such nonsense. Other students as well. "Woman" is a forbidden term. "Female" is a forbidden term. She feels she has no real choice but to comply because she graduates in a few weeks. So maybe she's not beaten or raped, but she's definitely under mental duress because she knows that what she's being forced to do is wrong and false, but she's compliant because she needs to pass the class for her degree.

In the outside world, we as women are cancelled and erased because women are no longer allowed to continue to exist as we are but must be re-shaped and re-defined by the men who want to be women based entirely on the feelings and delusions that exist only in their own minds. It is not who they are. They have never been women and never will be women and even when they "pretend play" to be women, at the very most it is only a caricature of a woman.

Like Dave Chapelle said, "The equivalent of blackface for women."

I guess us women of a more mature age are now 'post menstrators' how charming. How about 'washed up uterus holders' or 'dried up menstrators' If it wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious.
I watched this video where this trans woman literally went through so many insults aimed at women. For someone who identifies as female they sure sounded like they hated women. Apparently 'she' was a better woman then any real woman and this is why men should date 'her' instead.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I guess us women of a more mature age are now 'post menstrators' how charming. How about 'washed up uterus holders' or 'dried up menstrators' If it wasn't so tragic it would be hilarious.
I watched this video where this trans woman literally went through so many insults aimed at women. For someone who identifies as female they sure sounded like they hated women. Apparently 'she' was a better woman then any real woman and this is why men should date 'her' instead.

I've seen a LOT of that and they call heterosexual men "transphobic" for not wanting to date them. It's all about the caricature for them because they don't understand what a woman is. They think that if they doll up the *appearance* of what they believe to be an attractive woman, then that's all it should take. Heterosexual men should just fall for them and if they appear to be more "beautiful" than the biological woman wearing no make-up and sweat pants, then they are "more of a woman" than she is.

And then when it turns out that the heterosexual man chooses sweat pants woman over the trans woman, because he's attracted to *women* and not men who try to appear as women, they go ballistic.

And yes, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so harmful.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you’re basically saying that anyone who doesn’t ascribe to your disdain for transgender women is anti-woman.

Anyone whose contempt and hatred for women is clear is anti woman.

A real man wants to protect women. 30 years ago a real man would have grabbed the guy and called the police. They would have sat her down and asked her if she was okay and if her child was okay. It was called indecent exposure. It was an arrestable offense.

If you as a woman want to believe a person walking around with an erect penis is a woman, so help you. You are furthering misogyny and furthering the oppression of us all.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,060.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You're wrong, being Transgender isn't a crime.

You know when I said transgender in a prison it is implied that he/she is in there because of a crime. And I don't buy the transgender inmates are oppressed solely because of their sexuality. From what I read mostly everyone in a US prison have been in some form assaulted for just being themselves.

You should reform the US prison system as a whole not because of some transgender inmate got beaten up. And stop looking at LGBT inmates as more deserving of more considerations than all other inmates. They are all in there for a reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I'm to choose, I'd go with the option that hurts the fewest...keeping women in women's prisons, restrooms, etc as safe as we can reasonably expect.

I understand that is unfortunate for trans people but they made a choice....or so some of them claim. We already agree with the idea that women deserve certain accomodations for equality. These are almost all related to biology. Women's sports, women's choice regarding that thing that shall not be mentioned, and so on.

That's the solution which results in the least harm done to the most people.
Despite her firm left-wing politics, Rowling has found herself on the receiving end of activist ire for speaking out on the sex-based rights of women, which she said is threatened by the gender fluid ideology of those on the far-left that see gender as only a social construct and not a biological fact. More

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Despite her firm left-wing politics, Rowling has found herself on the receiving end of activist ire for speaking out on the sex-based rights of women, which she said is threatened by the gender fluid ideology of those on the far-left that see gender as only a social construct and not a biological fact. More

I had been pretty firmly left-wing myself (including being very supportive of trans rights) until this whole Rowling incident and I began to look deeper into what was really going on and to challenge my own beliefs on the topic. I had been very, very, very naive.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Women like her need to wake up. People are only of use to the far left so long as they support every word spoken by the left 100%. They turn on anyone who even slightly disagrees because apparently disagreeing even in a polite and respectful manner is 'violence' and 'hate'.
Wake up and smell the roses Rowling, of course they will toss you into the mire as soon as you dare stand up for women. Death threats from the left? Who would of thunk it?

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had been pretty firmly left-wing myself (including being very supportive of trans rights) until this whole Rowling incident and I began to look deeper into what was really going on and to challenge my own beliefs on the topic. I had been very, very, very naive.

It's been coming on for a long time. Even Candice Owen was original left wing. Hopefully more women will start to see the real agenda of the left isn't equality. Not for woman and not for black people or other ethnic minorities. I don't even truly believe they want to help trans people either, I believe they are being used as well.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It's been coming on for a long time. Even Candice Owen was original left wing. Hopefully more women will start to see the real agenda of the left isn't equality. Not for woman and not for black people or other ethnic minorities. I don't even truly believe they want to help trans people either, I believe they are being used as well.

My experience on the left was believing that most minorities supported all of those things and I kept getting shocked when I'd get into conversations on the street and find out that they supported Trump or disagreed with some standard left-wing talking point, or some other thing, and now I know that it's simply not a true assumption that most minorities are going to be pro-left. There are MANY minorities that disagree with the left, and they DON'T want all the poison of identity politics, they DON'T agree that reality is entirely subjective and based on feelings, they DON'T support abolishing the police, and they like if not love America and the American system of government with all of the opportunities that this country provides. Yes, we will still experience racism or sexism or some other -ism at times. Nobody denies that. There is still work to do on many fronts, but not by tearing down everything that makes up western civilization. There are many, many more "Candance's" than people on the left like to believe, and the amount is growing. I'd previously just seen people like Candace as the "token black person" who somehow got the wool pulled over her eyes, but will later find out how much the "racist" right hates people like her, only to find out that it was myself who was wearing the wool.

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.