Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed...but liberal cities have been changing which crimes they hold you for pretty drastically.

I would not be surprised.

I don't think it's something like murder or rape....theft? Dunno. Indecent exposure? Dunno. I think it's fair to assume it's non-violent.

Is there even indecent exposure anymore?
You heard about the man who walked around the female dressing room at a spa claiming to be a woman with his equipment (aroused) on show to women and at least 1 child and yet when a woman complained about that she was told she was the problem.
When I was a child he would have been arrested.

It's definitely written a certain way to lead to that conclusion....and it's certainly possible.

I think it's safe to assume that he placed that person there on purpose. I have to imagine they have policy that dictates otherwise.

But could there be other reasons? If they got booked, they got printed, they got a criminal record check. If they had a history of messing with children? Beating women? Those could be reasons.

How about this....one of the apprehending police was black and this person dropped an a-bomb? Possible.

Many possible reasons but trans is trending right now so its going to be used, if it was the reason or not. I would say right now it's the top minority, forget about being black, the woman who complained at the spa was black.

None of this makes this treatment justified....but I hate that this is the news now. Let's assume motives, let's assume victimhood, let's get the reader outraged.

Not at all justified, they should have been in a solitary cell.
The whole point is to cause outrage. People are being played like a fiddle.

Is anyone looking at the police who went against policy and placed them in that shared cell?

It's Nick Sandman all over again. It's creating a culture that I'm beginning to despise.

Think of that story, that picture, and you know how it was depicted. MAGA wearing Trump loving white boy is jumping in the face of ancient native American activist who peacefully plays the drum...because he hates that the genocide his ancestors committed didn't finish them off.

If I had suggested that perhaps a racist hate group of black hebrew Israelites were the instigators, this kid just stood up for himself, and the native American inserted himself into the situation for reasons unknown....

I'd have been laughed at.

I had to look up his name, but I recognized him, we even heard about that over here.

We don't have to assume motives and viewpoints to get the news. The news definitely wants us to though.

Here's the weird thing. I can tell people understand they aren't really being reasonable with this stuff. I've only really begun to figure out how to deconvert atheists from it though.

You think? Maybe depends who they are, some of the younger people are in hook line and sinker.

I think it's wider spread then just atheists. You would know what your own community is following more than I would, but there are plenty of left spiritual types. I was watching a video that showed a church where they asked all the people who fall under one of those letters to come up on stage. One was a little boy/girl whose mother said they were trans. I can't remember if they were suppose to be trans female or male, I couldn't even tell. The mother was pushing the child to get on stage and speak on the microphone and the kid kept pushing it back and got off that stage as fast as they could. Whether that child was trans or not, they didn't want to be up there. So it's seen as perfectly okay for parents (notice its nearly always the mother while the father is silent) to push the kid into being a little activist but other parents are supposedly abusive for simply saying "No, boys can't change into girls" when the child asks. Kids ask and say all kind of stuff. They don't even know what a boy or a girl is let alone understand what changing gender actually means for their body for the rest of their lives.

Most little kids will at some point tell you they are a lion or Princess Peach, it means nothing. My son's favourite colour was purple and he would wear a purple skirt pretending to be waluigi when he was 5. Like sensible parents we ignored it, I bought him a purple tshirt because that is what he really wanted and let him play. We didn't go "Oh he's wearing a skirt and he likes purple he must really be a girl!"
I wanted to be a boy when I was little, many girls did because boys got to do more fun stuff. It had nothing to do with actually wanting to change our bodies. It was called being a kid. Adults ignored it and we grew up and were fine with whatever we were. These days they risk being rushed off to a gender clinic.

I'd argue it's even worse than that....yes, you can say that the rational self interest of these identity groups are aligning themselves with the Democratic party to benefit from it.

I tend to think that when people tell you who they are....then you should believe them. There's a certain arrogance that comes from the person saying "I'm a Marxist" and believing it won't hurt their movement one bit. It's not a dog whistle...it's a bullhorn to every other Marxist. They're literally proving that the people supporting them not only don't know anything about Marxists....they don't care.

It's a signal to all other Marxists.

When someone says that they are using concepts from "Critical Race Theory" but they say they aren't teaching "Critical Race Theory"....they're literally pointing out "these people have no idea what a critical theory is".

I had a guy, no joke, say that the "critical" meant critical thinking. I told him (because I knew he was a communist, he's admitted it openly) that I could quote one of the guy's who came up with "critical theories" aka critical pedagogy on the difference between a critical theory and a traditional theory...and told him that we can then talk about which one employs critical thinking.

He left the thread.

I've always known about Marxism, if not every version of it, but I didn't know much about critical theory. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to present this stuff to Christians lol.

Shame they are not teaching critical thinking, then maybe people would start waking up to all this rot.

Lol I am a Christian. I think this surpasses the boxes of atheists on this side and Christians on the other. I find them in both camps.

Send them over to Candice Owens she would whip them into shape.
I would vote for her, except I'm not American and she isn't running for president. If she were white nobody would listen to her, thank God she is black.

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
That's unfortunate and I hope she wins her case in court. Nobody should be physically endangered in prison in that manner.

As far as the rest of the conversation goes... America is a country very comfortable with brutality and needless punishment. Many Americans resort to overt and covert violence as a way to manage stress, because that's the ideology they were raised with.

It's not even a very accurate one because there are very few people who nicely fit all of their biological sex stereotypes.

That's not what the term "cis-" is about. It's about gender identity, which is different from gender expression.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,752.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Ahhh....ok...do you at least know what text the imprisonment =torture bit came from?

Well, all is grounded in Torah and as you probably know there is written Torah and Oral Torah, and thank God for that.

Found this from daily dose by Tzvi Freeman.
First an inleading word from the Rebbe,

"No one was ever reformed by being robbed of human dignity."

Torah has no concept of prison as a punishment. Why?

A place where you are told,
"You will continue to age, but you must not take charge of your life."

"You must be here, but you must not change what this place is."

"You will live, but you must not give life,"

"You will keep your head down while you are here,
you are somewhat less than a human being."

But you are a living human being, the divine image in this world.

You are here to take charge of your life,
to make change in the world.

To give life to others,
we cannot make you a better person by robbing you of that divine image.
But we can lift you up by treating you with respect and dignity
that every sacred human life upon this earth deserves.

We can make this no longer a futile place.

• Informative
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The way you express your "facts" denies the biological reality that these trans people are men, and therefore the statistics applying to males also applies to them,
and the facts remain that your own links show that "20% of trans-identified men in California are sex offenders" is a false claim. And it remains a fact that the study you cited did not support your claim and in fact said the opposite.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Whoa.....really?

So it's safe to say your position has changed from "you made a choice, live with the consequences"?

I never know what you actually believe @rambot because your positions shift so wildly depending upon, what appears to be, the identity group you associate a person with.
Haha! Yeah. Who can believe that after 12 years someone's position would change eh? It seeems weird you fish allllllll the way back to 2009.

Regardless, I had miswrote the most recent quote. I should have said someone shouldn't suffer because they are who they are.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The mentality of prison sentance as a punishment is questionable.

If for example A steals from B and is caught and is proven guilty,

A should return what he has stolen or compensate the value of what was stolen plus extra costs that arose from the theft.

If A cannot repay then he should work for B until B has been compensated.

Not a punishment just plain justice.

Obviously a simple example, It would be a little more complicated

as one goes the ladder, so to speak.

But it should not be regarded as a punishment.

The code of Jewish Law does not apply but jailsentance is nowhere to be found in said law.

It is reckoned as torture.

Actually in the case of simple theft (without a gun involved etc) people are asked to join a probation program and pay restitution to the person they stole from. Probation officers also point such criminals into the direction of becoming gainfully employed etc. (e.g. share the various social programs that will help them and ways to contact those programs)

It is only unrepentant repeat offenders or offenders who don't fulfill the terms of their probation and violent offenders who serve jail time.

I think the main difference between here & now and ancient Israel is that we don't kill violent offenders..

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
That's not what the term "cis-" is about. It's about gender identity, which is different from gender expression.

That's what they've been brainwashing people to believe, but those of us who have this slur inflicted upon us against our will know differently.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
and the facts remain that your own links show that "20% of trans-identified men in California are sex offenders" is a false claim. And it remains a fact that the study you cited did not support your claim and in fact said the opposite.

It's likely even larger than 20% now considering that indecent exposure is no longer considered to be a sex crime provided that a man claims he's a woman in his defense.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not at all justified, they should have been in a solitary cell.

Prisons aren't set up to keep people in solitary confinement for the duration of their sentence.

Solitary confinement is punishment.

If a prisoner is in the general population they have full access to the library, gym, the commissary, the yard for exercise and social interaction, various programs to help them when they get out like getting a GED or work training programs or life skills programs.

Solitary confinement is none of that, it's getting to stand in a dog run once a week for a half hour for exercise, 1 shower a week under heavy guard, a few books with few choices to choose from once a week and that's it, nothing else. It's used as minimally as possible, for the shortest possible duration because people, prisoners or no, need all the rest or they'll go crazy.

It's only for people who really can't be in general population...

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟366,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's what they've been brainwashing people to believe, but those of us who have this slur inflicted upon us against our will know differently.

What is so interesting to me is that, while I was getting my Bachelor of Education degree, I had to take an Epistemology of Science class that was fascinating. One of the things that became evident (And really, should be obvious to anyone once it is said), is that science has become, though it likely always was, kind of a "atomistic" study. You were always looking for more SPECIFIC information; smaller and more detailed areas. The scientists of 200 years ago, were figuring out that traits got passed down, 100 years ago they were realizing their was some kinda gene; now they are learning how to manipulate and manage out genetic code. Our knowledge about more and more specific topics is getting more and more in depth.

That this same ethos is beginning to become accepted in the social sciences is not super surprising. IT is making it, however, harder for common folk to accept things like the difference between gender expression and identity; because it's parsing the topic of "sexuality" into such miniscule parts that it requires a lot of thought to manage it. Before it was simple;...man woman hetero. Boom. IT has become INFINITELY more complex as social scientists analyze sexuality in the context of the individual and culture.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
What is so interesting to me is that, while I was getting my Bachelor of Education degree, I had to take an Epistemology of Science class that was fascinating. One of the things that became evident (And really, should be obvious to anyone once it is said), is that science has become, though it likely always was, kind of a "atomistic" study. You were always looking for more SPECIFIC information; smaller and more detailed areas. The scientists of 200 years ago, were figuring out that traits got passed down, 100 years ago they were realizing their was some kinda gene; now they are learning how to manipulate and manage out genetic code. Our knowledge about more and more specific topics is getting more and more in depth.

That this same ethos is beginning to become accepted in the social sciences is not super surprising. IT is making it, however, harder for common folk to accept things like the difference between gender expression and identity; because it's parsing the topic of "sexuality" into such miniscule parts that it requires a lot of thought to manage it. Before it was simple;...man woman hetero. Boom. IT has become INFINITELY more complex as social scientists analyze sexuality in the context of the individual and culture.

And when I was getting my Bachelor of Science degree (among others), I had to take a number of hard science subjects, including Biology and guess what? Sex is male and female and has been male and female for thousands of millions of years. It's how we as humans and mammals reproduce. It's even how birds reproduce. In fact, on one of the eagle cameras I watch regularly, a male and female eagle produced their first egg for the season.

"Gender" when unattached to this biological reality is an entirely made-up construct that simply does not exist. And now they've decided to make up an unlimited amount of "genders" entirely based on feelings and delusion and trying to replace biological fact with this delusion.

Get two pretend "genders" together to try to make a baby, but unless one of them is male and one of them is female, there is 0% chance that it will happen. Zero. None.

I've also taken a few "social science" classes as well and there is often very little that is scientific about them, and it's worse now than it ever was now that even college humanities and social science departments have been taken over by woke.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Gender" when unattached to this biological reality is an entirely made-up construct that simply does not exist. And now they've decided to make up an unlimited amount of "genders" entirely based on feelings and delusion and trying to replace biological fact with this delusion.

Which the gender-fluid people point out first thing: Gender is a social construct. They are hoisted by their own petard.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Haha! Yeah. Who can believe that after 12 years someone's position would change eh? It seeems weird you fish allllllll the way back to 2009.

Regardless, I had miswrote the most recent quote. I should have said someone shouldn't suffer because they are who they are.

My mistake, you're right it's unfair to say that you can't change your mind. I was wrong to quote that.

You don't think it's a choice? I used to think the same way but activists seem to disagree with me...I honestly can't make heads or tails of the whole thing, and I don't know who can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟366,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And when I was getting my Bachelor of Science degree (among others), I had to take a number of hard science subjects, including Biology and guess what? Sex is male and female and has been male and female for thousands of millions of years. It's how we as humans and mammals reproduce. It's even how birds reproduce. In fact, on one of the eagle cameras I watch regularly, a male and female eagle produced their first egg for the season.

Get two pretend "genders" together to try to make a baby, but unless one of them is male and one of them is female, there is 0% chance that it will happen. Zero. None.

I've also taken a few "social science" classes as well and there is often very little that is scientific about them, and it's worse now than it ever was now that even college humanities and social science departments have been taken over by woke.
I have a B.Sc as well; from an accredited Christian university. I also learned that sex is not the same as gender which, in any B.Sc program worth it salt, should have been made abundantly clear.

Clearly this doesn't sit well with you. But I will say that just because genders can't make a baby, doesn't mean they aren't real. Just because those genders are useless and serve no purpose to the survival of the species, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟366,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
My mistake, you're right it's unfair to say that you can't change your mind. I was wrong to quote that.

You don't think it's a choice? I used to think the same way but activists seem to disagree with me...I honestly can't make heads or tails of the whole thing, and I don't know who can.
No problem! Actually, I'm kinda impressed. May I asked how you got that post? I have found the search function on this website to be vEEEEEERY close to useless.

I guess it kinda depends on what you mean when you say a "choice".

The First Nations kids in Residential schools in Canada had a CHOICE to not speak their language ever again or to continue to speak it. But if they spoke it, they'd get beat or raped, they would be told how dirty and subhuman they are; it would be made clear that doing so makes them worthy of nothing and that if they ever would want to BE something, they would not speak their native tongue anymore.

So is a choice under durress still a choice? I dunno.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I have a B.Sc as well; from an accredited Christian university. I also learned that sex is not the same as gender which, in any B.Sc program worth it salt, should have been made abundantly clear.

Clearly this doesn't sit well with you. But I will say that just because genders can't make a baby, doesn't mean they aren't real. Just because those genders are useless and serve no purpose to the survival of the species, doesn't mean they don't exist.

I'm sure that the delusions of those with other mental disorders, such as schizophrenics, are very real to them as well, but feelings and delusions do not replace biological reality or even reality in general. If they chose to keep these pretend genders among themselves, it would be one thing (we are free to live in our imaginations provided they do not harm others), but they are instead attempting to completely erase biological reality with these pretend genders and write them into law as a replacement for biological sex and using their delusions to harm others and society at large.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟366,121.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'm sure that the delusions of those with other mental disorders, such as schizophrenics, are very real to them as well, but feelings and delusions do not replace biological reality or even reality in general. If they chose to keep these pretend genders among themselves, it would be one thing (we are free to live in our imaginations provided they do not harm others), but they are instead attempting to completely erase biological reality with these pretend genders and write them into law as a replacement for biological sex and using their delusions to harm others and society at large.
And when you give a schizophrenic appropriate mediation, their symptoms change. That is not hte same for those who choose their gender.
I had NO idea they are trying to replace biological sex...especially since gender is not the same as sex.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I guess it kinda depends on what you mean when you say a "choice".

The First Nations kids in Residential schools in Canada had a CHOICE to not speak their language ever again or to continue to speak it. But if they spoke it, they'd get beat or raped, they would be told how dirty and subhuman they are; it would be made clear that doing so makes them worthy of nothing and that if they ever would want to BE something, they would not speak their native tongue anymore.

So is a choice under durress still a choice? I dunno.

I know someone currently in a social science program in university who regularly gets a tongue-lashing by the instructor every time she says "woman" instead of something to the equivalent of "person who menstruates" or some other such nonsense. Other students as well. "Woman" is a forbidden term. "Female" is a forbidden term. She feels she has no real choice but to comply because she graduates in a few weeks. So maybe she's not beaten or raped, but she's definitely under mental duress because she knows that what she's being forced to do is wrong and false, but she's compliant because she needs to pass the class for her degree.

In the outside world, we as women are cancelled and erased because women are no longer allowed to continue to exist as we are but must be re-shaped and re-defined by the men who want to be women based entirely on the feelings and delusions that exist only in their own minds. It is not who they are. They have never been women and never will be women and even when they "pretend play" to be women, at the very most it is only a caricature of a woman.

Like Dave Chapelle said, "The equivalent of blackface for women."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.