SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Except that there are distinct "male" and "female" behaviors in mammals outside their reproductive activities that are not only consistent within species but also consistent across species.

If there are no differences between male and female brains, then it can't be argued that there is a difference between a heterosexual brain and a homosexual brain...and therefore, homosexually can be trained out of a person...if gender has no basis in the brain.
Training...yes...let's call it that. Dr Joseph Nicolosi recommended this training start as soon as possible . he was known to begin training "confused" children at age 3.
documented forms of this training include forced nudity Children are forced to remove all clothing during both individual and group therapy sessions. Nudity for both boys and girls in front of the individual that the client has the "troubled relationship" with is encouraged as is “cuddling” If the father is unavailable then a substitute male is used for this. It is encouraged that girls shower with their father. to help them identify that the male form is a desirable thing.
“Hold therapy” is almost exclusively done with children. The child is physically restrained while the therapist screams at them and encourages the child’s parents to express their hatred and disgust for the child. There have been some reports of parents being encouraged to hit, slap or kick the child. This will continue until the child admits that they are hurting their family and that they hate themselves for being gay.
Extreme isolation of "confused" children is considered necessary. Children are to be removed from school and have no access to any sort of media. No contact with any extended family is recommended, grandparents or even neighbors may not be supportive of the "training"

Shidlo, A.; Schroeder, M.; Drescher, J. eds. Sexual conversion therapy: ethical, clinical, and research perspectives 2011
Bright, C. "Deconstructing Reparative Therapy: An Examination of the Processes Involved When Attempting to Change Sexual Orientation. 2004

• Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You take away all that and you just have the soul or spirit left, then there is no sex/gender. You are just you, and unique, neither male or female, just like God outside of physical incarnation as Jesus.

That's not something that public policy can be based on.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Training...yes...let's call it that. Dr Joseph Nicolosi recommended this training start as soon as possible . he was known to begin training "confused" children at age 3.
documented forms of this training include forced nudity Children are forced to remove all clothing during both individual and group therapy sessions. Nudity for both boys and girls in front of the individual that the client has the "troubled relationship" with is encouraged as is “cuddling” If the father is unavailable then a substitute male is used for this. It is encouraged that girls shower with their father. to help them identify that the male form is a desirable thing.
“Hold therapy” is almost exclusively done with children. The child is physically restrained while the therapist screams at them and encourages the child’s parents to express their hatred and disgust for the child. There have been some reports of parents being encouraged to hit, slap or kick the child. This will continue until the child admits that they are hurting their family and that they hate themselves for being gay.
Extreme isolation of "confused" children is considered necessary. Children are to be removed from school and have no access to any sort of media. No contact with any extended family is recommended, grandparents or even neighbors may not be supportive of the "training"

Shidlo, A.; Schroeder, M.; Drescher, J. eds. Sexual conversion therapy: ethical, clinical, and research perspectives 2011
Bright, C. "Deconstructing Reparative Therapy: An Examination of the Processes Involved When Attempting to Change Sexual Orientation. 2004

Unless you agree that there are differences between the male and the female brain, you have not said anything relevant.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
That's not something that public policy can be based on.

Right, which is why rather than basing public policy on some imaginary "gender" being whatever someone feels like at any given moment, it needs to be based on biological reality. The same biological reality that has been evident since there were mammals on earth.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Unless you agree that there are differences between the male and the female brain, you have not said anything relevant.
I don't believe for one moment you will bother to actually look at any evidence but here is a small starting selection:

Ruigrok AN, Salimi-Khorshidi G, Lai MC, Baron-Cohen S, Lombardo MV, Tait RJ, Suckling J (February 2014). "A meta-analysis of sex differences in human brain structure". Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews.
E Luders, F Kurth Structural differences between male and female brains 2020 Handbook of Clinical Neurology
Sommer IE, Aleman A, Somers M, Boks MP, Kahn RS (April 2008). "Sex differences in handedness, asymmetry of the planum temporale and functional language lateralization". Brain Research.
Ulshöfer, Gotlind; Karafyllis, Nicole (2008). Sexualized Brains: Scientific Modeling of Emotional Intelligence from a Cultural Perspective.
Wallentin M (March 2009). "Putative sex differences in verbal abilities and language cortex: a critical review". Brain and Language
Florian Kurth,Christian Gaser &Eileen Luders Development of sex differences in the human brain 2020 Cognitive Neuroscience

oh and:
Guillamon A, Junque C, Gómez-Gil E (October 2016). "A Review of the Status of Brain Structure Research in Transsexualism". Archives of Sexual Behavior.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe for one moment you will bother to actually look at any evidence but here is a small starting selection:

Why don't you tell me whether you think there is a difference between male and female brains.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
You just told me that 86% of trans people are essentially Rachel Dolezal.
no i told you that 86% of transexuals never experience gender dysphoria in their lifetimes. I get that some people think that pretending that minorities are diseased, sick, inferior is a means of justify hate. It isn't

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was never an atheist, but I did spend some time Christian-bashing myself as a young adult, primarily because of religious fundamentalism, which still annoys me to this day.

I had friends like you...

I was 10 or 11 the first time I came across someone trying to explain a religious concept to me. I knew people had beliefs about gods and religions, and I had been to a funeral. That's about it. I somehow managed to be in a tiny subset of atheists who got through early childhood without any religious indoctrination at all.

Anyway, I'm shooting hoops in my driveway...and this kid I knew down the street comes over. He starts asking me what church I go to, etc. I tell him I don't. He's shocked, asked if I've been baptized or forgiven or something related to a Christian belief about people who don't go to church....I respond I don't know what he's talking about. He asks if I recognize Jesus Christ as my personal savior. I said "who?"

What ensued was probably one of the more hilarious conversations about christianity and offhand attempt at conversion that's ever been had. I had gone over a decade of my life without any real need to bother with this stuff.. and I'm being told that's wrong. I was being told that I seriously need to concern myself with this "stuff"...that awful things will happen to my eternal soul.

I had questions... and since he was of a similar age...the answers weren't great. It wasn't convincing. I start telling him I don't think I believe him....he gets more desperate, answers get worse. I can tell he's pretty upset about how it went, I tell him I'll think about it...he goes home. I'm left with a distinct impression of something awful being done to him...because he so clearly believes strongly, but clearly doesn't understand it or why he believes.

I gave it all the serious thought a 10 or 11 yo can give....maybe 4 or 5 days. I then confidently went up to my dad and said....

"Hey dad, I don't think god exists."

He says "Really?'

I tell him, "Yeah I think it's all made up".

He leans down to speak directly in my ear, which was always his cue that I had better listen closely to his next words, and in my father's infinite wisdom, he says...

"I think you should keep that little secret to yourself."

I was standing there thinking "why? Everyone should know this."

Still...because he did the thing he does with me when I'm in big trouble, I don't bring it up with anyone for 2-3 years.

LOL

One of my best friends in high school LOVED Kiss. She wore a Kiss necklace everyday, had the T-Shirts, the works! I was more Iron Maiden.

"Kiss" the Prince song. Not Kiss the awful rock band that was 99% aesthetics and 1% musical talent lol.

That's not me picking on your friend either, my taste in music is awful.

That's been me, pretty much. Even before it gained more acceptance, I've never really cared who was gay or straight or who got married to whom or any of that. Religious fundamentalists making mountains out of molehills in my view.

I saw it as gross. Physical disgust. I didn't think that was a fair reason to legislate it though. I couldn't imagine a good reason for it not being permitted.

Nowadays I tend to separate out the LGB from the TQ+++ because of what is going on now. The LGB who just wanted to live normal lives and get married to the person they love are pretty much able to go on with those lives, but they get lumped in with the TQ's, and so now there is a movement among them called LGB drop the T and also because the TQ's have gone after them by announcing that they are bigots and transphobes because they base their sexual preference on biology and not feelings and outward appearance.

Yeah, I don't like any of them. There was a time this changed after being able to marry...where I thought they would just fade away into society (no activism).

Instead, they began demanding representation....in tv, movies, and books.

That's a really really strange demand in my eyes. The writers should be free to write characters as they want....we choose the stories we want to see. As if the mere act of fawning over the superficial image of oneself is what we're all doing at the movies.

Seriously? Did they think that? Do they think I see "straight white male" and my brain goes derrrrrrpp....that's me on the screen? There was a rush to comply and now they're everywhere. Can't avoid them. It's not really a problem for me...I just think the people who do that sort of thing and viciously attack some writer or director for not making a gay character are awful awful people...scum.

I don't get to tell picasso what to paint, and no one is entitled to an experience with a creative medium (like film or tv or literature) that is directly catered to whatever self indulgence they demand.

I was basically done with the whole lot over that.

I think some do and typically those with dysphoria, and others like children and young people are engineered into it. For example the girl who likes to play sports and doesn't like dresses gets convinced she must really be a boy. Others have the "grass is greener" syndrome where they think it is easier to be one or the other, or because they are gay and don't want to be gay, so if they transition, they won't be gay anymore, etc. Then of course we have all the people just taking advantage of it all, and the militant "allies" who get outraged and feel obligated to speak on behalf of everyone else.

I don't really have any issue with people expressing their views. It's the personal attacks that lower them in my eyes. I may have reacted badly to many views in the past, but I don't doxx anyone, I won't demand they are fired from whatever job they work. I won't shout them down or try to change their words to suit me better.

There are exceptions to this...of course. Children are one of those, because they cannot intervene on their own behalf (unlike adults) someone is reasonable to be concerned, even if they have no children.

I don't have any children. By choice. I don't think I'd make a good father. I don't want the responsibility.

That doesn't mean I should be detached from the community around me or society at large. If I saw some strange guy in a van luring children with candy...I'm going to intervene. It doesn't matter if the parents appreciate that effort....or even recognize it. It doesn't matter if the child understands the peril. I might even be wrong in my perception.

I'm fine with being wrong. If the evidence changes someday and I am wrong, I'll admit it and I won't intervene next time. What I'm seeing though is pretty close to either child grooming or social engineering/queer/gender theory indoctrination of prepubescent children. The excuse of Inclusion won't justify that. These people need to come back with hard evidence in 40 years that shows to almost a certainty they aren't pushing children to sexualities they would not have otherwise explored....or at least show it won't cause harm.

I understand that is frustrating if you're gay or transgender now and simply want the world to change at your whim...but people should understand that it's far easier to be called transphobic now than it is to explain to a man whose body is chemically stunted and sterilized that it's his fault that he was diagnosed as transgender because he played with dolls for a little bit between the ages of 5 and 7.

That's one reason a lot of it is being called the "woke" cult or religion nowadays. :)

It is dogmatic. You cannot rationally say that one racial disparity is the result of some hidden racial bias....and just hand wave other racial disparities as not deserving of the same explanation.

You can't call one person's abnormal feelings of gender or sexual identity a matter of consent in young children...and then rationally dismiss someone else's.

Perhaps they don't see it coming....but that's just more reason to oppose them. They are blinded by what they imagine is a morally righteous position to the reality of the damage they stand to cause. If they want to do this to their own children is one thing. There's not much I can do about that. To make it an aspect and function of the government is monstrously stupid. I don't consider that hyperbolic. If anything I'm being mild in my characterization.

If I said what I really thought of these people I once counted myself amongst....I'd be banned from this forum.

And they've already been dissolving into those little tribes even without having taken over everything.

Yea and you can see how that's working out. The far left and center left cannot work together. It's a schism in the group. They share a cause when they stand against a common enemy....but after? They are too dissimilar to work together.

I was watching this TED Talk video by a neuroscientist on the topic of menopause and it ended up being also interesting when it comes to the male vs. female brain stuff that the trans agenda has been pushing. I'll quote the first part and then link the video below, but she starts right off saying that while there are some biological differences, there is no such thing as a "gendered" brain.

I haven't dug into it very far and it's clear there are differences. They aren't big differences, and there is far more the same, but differences exist.

It's the brain though, so even very small differences between groups can create massive differences in behavior.

The rest of video goes into the biology and according to her research, the biological differences are directly related to other things going on within female biology (or male biology). None of which would seem to apply to a trans person feeling like the other sex because that trans person still would not have the biology of the other sex.

Here's the thing, I'm kind of with @RDKirk on this even though I fully understand what you are saying.

To even begin the discussion...

1. We have to start with the assumption of a biological difference in female and male brains. To begin from any other point is like say that a trans person is trying to decide between eating a grilled cheese sandwich and a grilled cheese sandwich. If no biological differences exist...then there is no meaningful choice. The choice must exist, as factual, in reality.

2. I know some people are saying that the choice is just a "social construct" related to the way we perceive ourselves and others.
If that were the situation though....then we can only conclude the trans person suffers a delusional state of thinking where they cannot assess their thoughts or feelings like the rest of us. The problem is entirely delusional without any biological fact preceding it. There simply isn't a real choice to make, no real feeling to reconcile. The trans person becomes an actor faking their own life and trying to convince people of the performance.

It seems unlikely to me. The matter is unresolved by science. If it gets conclusively resolved by science....not activists, nor academics apart from science....I will almost certainly adjust my views.

It's a dead issue in my mind. If the trans community want people to see them as a normal range of human experience (as opposed to an abnormality) that's fine by me....they get equal rights.

If the science community insists that no...this group suffers from an abnormality, certain considerations should be given considering the nature and extent of the abnormality.

What appears to be happening to me is this particular group actually wants it both ways. They want to be seen....as however they imagine themselves at any time and require that we indulge them in not simply words but actions and the special privileges they seem to feel entitled to.

That's completely unlike anything our laws even acknowledge. That's always going to be a "no" from me. Someone constantly struggling with who they are is the epitome of the kind of person I don't want changing our entire society.

What they seem to be describing is similar to the male vs. female brain concept that was popular in the earlier centuries to "prove" that men were superior to women. That finally got tossed aside as pseudo-science only to have trans-activism bring it back to "prove" that a man can actually be a woman.

I'm not familiar with that.

I could see that there may be similar brain patterns in some respects between two people who enjoy many of the same things, so a "feminine" male may have similar patterns to a "feminine" woman, but it doesn't make them into the opposite sex or that the "feminine" male has a female brain.

--- begin ---
"I am a neuroscientist and I focus on the inside, especially on women's brains. There are many theories on how women's brains differ from men's brains and I've been looking at brains for twenty years and can guarantee that there is no such thing as a gendered brain. Pink and blue barbie and lego, these are all inventions that have nothing to do with the way brains are built."

"That said, women's brains differ from men's brains in some respects, and I'm here to talk about those differences because they actually matter for our health. For example, women are more likely than men to be diagnosed with anxiety disorder or depression. Not to mention headaches and migraines. But also at the core of my research, women are more likely than men to have Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia on the planet affecting close to six million people in the United States alone. But almost two thirds of all those people are actually women. So for every man suffering from Alzheimer's, there are two women. So why is that overall?"

"Is it age? Is it lifespan? What else could it be?"

"So it turns out our brains age differently, and menopause plays a key role for women."

--- end ----

I think the problem is obviously the condition isn't fully understood.

This means unfortunately, that it's the wrong time to legislate it.

We know brain variation exists. We have known for a long time about the "acoustic startle response" in mammals. It's part of the hard wiring of our nervous system. We have also known for some time that in "primary psychpaths" the acoustic startle response is severely limited.

The implications are pretty obvious. Their brain doesn't process danger, or perhaps even risk, the same as 99% of people.

That's a huge problem to deal with...constantly.

Do we just let primary psychopaths decide which rules they want to follow? Do we let them choose which convenience they want regardless of the risk posed to anyone else?

No.

Human beings generally aren't logical creatures by default. It takes work to maintain principle and reason and even then we oftentimes fail at it.

I've found myself constantly failing but it doesn't mean that I will stop trying.

I genuinely believe truth matters.

I've been questioning whether it's because I've gotten older that I wasn't as progressive or "left" as I'd considered myself to be, but at the same time I don't feel like I've really changed my views all that much. Some things I've changed because I've discovered new information or situations have changed, but overall, I still believe many of the same basic principles I've always believed. If it really is that the left has gone opposite than what they were on a lot of these issues, then it would explain a lot of my current confusion.

10 years ago I was the same person. The only difference between now and then, is the trajectory of the activist movements and the evidence that has resulted.

You cannot reasonably claim children aren't being sexualized when the evidence shows they are. You can't reasonably claim children aren't being given full legal agency on issues related to sexuality when they clearly are.

This is causing a problem.
I don't even have to go back that far in history. It wasn't that long ago when I was looking at all the fervor over Trump to the point where people were practically worshiping everything he did and then even attacking the U.S. Capitol over it and wondering how people could fall for it only to now have the left doing exactly the same sort of thing with all of this "woke" stuff.

I was defending Hillary Clinton in the politics section pointing out how ridiculous it was to claim war would immediately break out in 2015. I was telling people they had no reason to believe that Trump's cabinet would be the "best and brightest".

It's not an easy task digging through the oddities of academia and rooting out the origins of this stuff...

I started when I realized people were blaming me for things I had not done, or wanted me to assume such things about other people who have white skin...or even, almost magically insisting that I was completely unaware of an almost magical quality of my existence that caused me to misjudge everyone who isn't white and not realize that it also gave me tangible meaningful benefits.

These are pretty large statements...the kind of broad explanatory statements I reject because they so quickly remind me of others. Stupid as they seem...they're certainly possible. I started digging through where the ideas came from.

I don't blame people for accepting easy answers.

When they do that though, they shouldn't dig their heels in, insist that cannot possibly be wrong, and never even consider another viewpoint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no i told you that 86% of transexuals never experience gender dysphoria in their lifetimes. I get that some people think that pretending that minorities are diseased, sick, inferior is a means of justify hate. It isn't

I keep asking you to tell me what you think it means that "86% of transexuals never experience gender dysphoria in their lifetimes." What is the reaction you expect someone to have upon hearing that?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right, which is why rather than basing public policy on some imaginary "gender" being whatever someone feels like at any given moment, it needs to be based on biological reality. The same biological reality that has been evident since there were mammals on earth.

This is what surprises me more than anything.
The people who say this whole choose your own gender ideology is reality also claim biology is reality which makes no sense at all since choose your own gender has to be the complete opposite of biology.

People are now claiming 'other' things as things to identify as, like a doll or a dog. I knew they would. Seems like people are blind to the natural and irrational progression of this type of thought.
This person is a demon doll who does 'cute nose bleeds'

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I keep asking you to tell me what you think it means that "86% of transexuals never experience gender dysphoria in their lifetimes." What is the reaction you expect someone to have upon hearing that?
its a self explanatory statement.

Some people try to conflate gender dysphoria, a mental illness, with being transgender when the two are not the same thing to help justify their personal prejudices. (these people are sick they need to be treated, fixed, cured or shut away so good people don't have to deal with them.) And when that fails try trivializing who they are, like saying they are just on a lark, as a means of justify prejudice (these people are just playing games so they deserve to be hated and harmed and abused to get them to stop and if they don't that just means they are sick and need to be "cured" or sent away)

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I had friends like you...

I was 10 or 11 the first time I came across someone trying to explain a religious concept to me. I knew people had beliefs about gods and religions, and I had been to a funeral. That's about it. I somehow managed to be in a tiny subset of atheists who got through early childhood without any religious indoctrination at all.

Anyway, I'm shooting hoops in my driveway...and this kid I knew down the street comes over. He starts asking me what church I go to, etc. I tell him I don't. He's shocked, asked if I've been baptized or forgiven or something related to a Christian belief about people who don't go to church....I respond I don't know what he's talking about. He asks if I recognize Jesus Christ as my personal savior. I said "who?"

What ensued was probably one of the more hilarious conversations about christianity and offhand attempt at conversion that's ever been had. I had gone over a decade of my life without any real need to bother with this stuff.. and I'm being told that's wrong. I was being told that I seriously need to concern myself with this "stuff"...that awful things will happen to my eternal soul.

I had questions... and since he was of a similar age...the answers weren't great. It wasn't convincing. I start telling him I don't think I believe him....he gets more desperate, answers get worse. I can tell he's pretty upset about how it went, I tell him I'll think about it...he goes home. I'm left with a distinct impression of something awful being done to him...because he so clearly believes strongly, but clearly doesn't understand it or why he believes.

I gave it all the serious thought a 10 or 11 yo can give....maybe 4 or 5 days. I then confidently went up to my dad and said....

"Hey dad, I don't think god exists."

He says "Really?'

I tell him, "Yeah I think it's all made up".

He leans down to speak directly in my ear, which was always his cue that I had better listen closely to his next words, and in my father's infinite wisdom, he says...

"I think you should keep that little secret to yourself."

I was standing there thinking "why? Everyone should know this."

Still...because he did the thing he does with me when I'm in big trouble, I don't bring it up with anyone for 2-3 years.

I've always been a spiritual person in some way, always felt connected to something "other" than what was obvious from our physical senses. Not because of indoctrination because I grew up in a Christian family but because of that connection. Christianity was just the framework. While I did explore other faiths, Christianity was my cultural and ancestral framework, though in a non-religious, spiritual sense, I am more of a universalist with the exception that we always have the choice to accept or reject. I don't believe in rigid fate or determinism. I've considered atheism, but have found it to be impossible. I simply cannot NOT believe in some sort of spiritual way...not when I am convinced of God (or Source, or Universe, or whatever you want to call it that is generally hidden from our current ways of seeing.) Plus, being a spiritual person simply makes my life better and so even if it was just that, it would be enough.

"Kiss" the Prince song. Not Kiss the awful rock band that was 99% aesthetics and 1% musical talent lol.

That's not me picking on your friend either, my taste in music is awful.

Haha! I don't even remember a Prince song named "Kiss" so no wonder I thought you were talking about the band! :D

I have a very eclectic taste in music, but I'm never really caught up with keeping track of what's popular, and that includes back in the time of Prince!

I saw it as gross. Physical disgust. I didn't think that was a fair reason to legislate it though. I couldn't imagine a good reason for it not being permitted.

I never really got that physical reaction to it. I've questioned whether I could be a lesbian since I didn't have the disgust, but came to the conclusion that I wasn't because I just 100% have no sexual attraction to other females whatsoever. While I could recognize another female as being physically attractive, I was never physically attracTED. I wasn't repulsed at the idea, but I just didn't feel anything.

Yeah, I don't like any of them. There was a time this changed after being able to marry...where I thought they would just fade away into society (no activism).

Instead, they began demanding representation....in tv, movies, and books.

That's a really really strange demand in my eyes. The writers should be free to write characters as they want....we choose the stories we want to see. As if the mere act of fawning over the superficial image of oneself is what we're all doing at the movies.

Seriously? Did they think that? Do they think I see "straight white male" and my brain goes derrrrrrpp....that's me on the screen? There was a rush to comply and now they're everywhere. Can't avoid them. It's not really a problem for me...I just think the people who do that sort of thing and viciously attack some writer or director for not making a gay character are awful awful people...scum.

I don't get to tell picasso what to paint, and no one is entitled to an experience with a creative medium (like film or tv or literature) that is directly catered to whatever self indulgence they demand.

I was basically done with the whole lot over that.

I don't have a problem with representation if that's something that a creative person really chooses to do, whether it is because they are gay or whatever themselves or they get a creative idea that needs expressing. What I have problems with is the DEMAND that OTHER people include them. If I am an artist and I get a creative idea to include a dog in my painting, that's what I am going to paint. I am under no obligation whatsoever to make it a gay dog or a trans dog or some other sort of dog besides the idea in my mind. I'm not obligated to make it any particular sort of species of dog besides what I may have in mind. It's MY dog, MY creation, and I can paint it exactly how I choose.

And that's the way I feel about art created in the form of movies, video games, etc. I like when there are options, but at the same time I don't feel any need for playing a game and coming across a character that doesn't make any real sense in the game world, but was specifically added for some "woke" political agenda. Just turns me off from the game (movie, whatever it is.)

I don't really have any issue with people expressing their views. It's the personal attacks that lower them in my eyes. I may have reacted badly to many views in the past, but I don't doxx anyone, I won't demand they are fired from whatever job they work. I won't shout them down or try to change their words to suit me better.

Exactly. They can say whatever they want even if it's repulsive to me. I always have the choice to just ignore it.

There are exceptions to this...of course. Children are one of those, because they cannot intervene on their own behalf (unlike adults) someone is reasonable to be concerned, even if they have no children.

I don't have any children. By choice. I don't think I'd make a good father. I don't want the responsibility.

That doesn't mean I should be detached from the community around me or society at large. If I saw some strange guy in a van luring children with candy...I'm going to intervene. It doesn't matter if the parents appreciate that effort....or even recognize it. It doesn't matter if the child understands the peril. I might even be wrong in my perception.

Definitely if it's going to lead to serious harm to a child or some other vulnerable person. Better to be wrong and embarrassed in that scenario than a child molested or murdered.

I'm fine with being wrong. If the evidence changes someday and I am wrong, I'll admit it and I won't intervene next time. What I'm seeing though is pretty close to either child grooming or social engineering/queer/gender theory indoctrination of prepubescent children. The excuse of Inclusion won't justify that. These people need to come back with hard evidence in 40 years that shows to almost a certainty they aren't pushing children to sexualities they would not have otherwise explored....or at least show it won't cause harm.

While it's good to be open to being wrong, you are not wrong in this case. It is definitely grooming and social engineering. Children are already getting messed up now.

I understand that is frustrating if you're gay or transgender now and simply want the world to change at your whim...but people should understand that it's far easier to be called transphobic now than it is to explain to a man whose body is chemically stunted and sterilized that it's his fault that he was diagnosed as transgender because he played with dolls for a little bit between the ages of 5 and 7.

To be frank, I don't even really care about being called transphobic or any other phobics they come up with. They would have diagnosed me as transgender when I was a child because I didn't like pink, didn't want to wear the stupid frilly dresses my mom forced me into, and wanted to do things like my older brother. Now I had conservative parents who wouldn't have gone along with it, but then they would have probably been charged with child abuse for deciding on my behalf that I was a girl rather than making it my choice.

It is dogmatic. You cannot rationally say that one racial disparity is the result of some hidden racial bias....and just hand wave other racial disparities as not deserving of the same explanation.

You can't call one person's abnormal feelings of gender or sexual identity a matter of consent in young children...and then rationally dismiss someone else's.

Perhaps they don't see it coming....but that's just more reason to oppose them. They are blinded by what they imagine is a morally righteous position to the reality of the damage they stand to cause. If they want to do this to their own children is one thing. There's not much I can do about that. To make it an aspect and function of the government is monstrously stupid. I don't consider that hyperbolic. If anything I'm being mild in my characterization.

If I said what I really thought of these people I once counted myself amongst....I'd be banned from this forum.

I'm definitely mild when it comes to this topic! :D

Even a lot of the stuff I could post from others that clearly shows the harm that's being done by trans-activists wouldn't be allowed in this forum because it's just too vulgar.

Yea and you can see how that's working out. The far left and center left cannot work together. It's a schism in the group. They share a cause when they stand against a common enemy....but after? They are too dissimilar to work together.

Trump is really all they had and they're still trying to milk that one.

I haven't dug into it very far and it's clear there are differences. They aren't big differences, and there is far more the same, but differences exist.

It's the brain though, so even very small differences between groups can create massive differences in behavior.

There are differences between males and females all over the rest of the physical body, so the brain would be no different, but at the same time, the body is a complete system that functions together, so I would be extremely surprised to find evidence that the brain is detached from the rest of a person's biology to the point where it's the "wrong" brain for that body.

Here's the thing, I'm kind of with @RDKirk on this even though I fully understand what you are saying.

To even begin the discussion...

1. We have to start with the assumption of a biological difference in female and male brains. To begin from any other point is like say that a trans person is trying to decide between eating a grilled cheese sandwich and a grilled cheese sandwich. If no biological differences exist...then there is no meaningful choice. The choice must exist, as factual, in reality.

Agreed, a female's brain would not have any attachment to a male's reproductive system, as one example of where there must be a difference.

2. I know some people are saying that the choice is just a "social construct" related to the way we perceive ourselves and others.
If that were the situation though....then we can only conclude the trans person suffers a delusional state of thinking where they cannot assess their thoughts or feelings like the rest of us. The problem is entirely delusional without any biological fact preceding it. There simply isn't a real choice to make, no real feeling to reconcile. The trans person becomes an actor faking their own life and trying to convince people of the performance.

It seems unlikely to me. The matter is unresolved by science. If it gets conclusively resolved by science....not activists, nor academics apart from science....I will almost certainly adjust my views.

Those with gender dysphoria do appear to have some sort of neurological condition that has some scientific basis in the same sense as other mental disorders that produce delusions. As for the rest, grooming, social engineering, politics, etc. would likely explain a great deal, especially considering that there are now polls cropping up that say that 40% of people between 18 and 25 identify as LBGTQ+ in some way. It's the in-thing nowadays to be part of the rainbow flag among young people.

It's a dead issue in my mind. If the trans community want people to see them as a normal range of human experience (as opposed to an abnormality) that's fine by me....they get equal rights.

If the science community insists that no...this group suffers from an abnormality, certain considerations should be given considering the nature and extent of the abnormality.

What appears to be happening to me is this particular group actually wants it both ways. They want to be seen....as however they imagine themselves at any time and require that we indulge them in not simply words but actions and the special privileges they seem to feel entitled to.

Narcissism.

That's completely unlike anything our laws even acknowledge. That's always going to be a "no" from me. Someone constantly struggling with who they are is the epitome of the kind of person I don't want changing our entire society.

Exactly. We can't base our entire society of feelings and delusions and then expect it to function in a healthy way.

I'm not familiar with that.

I think the problem is obviously the condition isn't fully understood.

This means unfortunately, that it's the wrong time to legislate it.

We know brain variation exists. We have known for a long time about the "acoustic startle response" in mammals. It's part of the hard wiring of our nervous system. We have also known for some time that in "primary psychpaths" the acoustic startle response is severely limited.

The implications are pretty obvious. Their brain doesn't process danger, or perhaps even risk, the same as 99% of people.

That's a huge problem to deal with...constantly.

Do we just let primary psychopaths decide which rules they want to follow? Do we let them choose which convenience they want regardless of the risk posed to anyone else?

No.

I've found myself constantly failing but it doesn't mean that I will stop trying.

I genuinely believe truth matters.

Truth seems to be out of fashion nowadays.

10 years ago I was the same person. The only difference between now and then, is the trajectory of the activist movements and the evidence that has resulted.

You cannot reasonably claim children aren't being sexualized when the evidence shows they are. You can't reasonably claim children aren't being given full legal agency on issues related to sexuality when they clearly are.

This is causing a problem.

In one way I feel shocked over how easy it is for people to defend some of the things that they have been defending, such as child abuse over this political agenda. In another way, I'm not too surprised anymore.

I was defending Hillary Clinton in the politics section pointing out how ridiculous it was to claim war would immediately break out in 2015. I was telling people they had no reason to believe that Trump's cabinet would be the "best and brightest".

It's not an easy task digging through the oddities of academia and rooting out the origins of this stuff...

I started when I realized people were blaming me for things I had not done, or wanted me to assume such things about other people who have white skin...or even, almost magically insisting that I was completely unaware of an almost magical quality of my existence that caused me to misjudge everyone who isn't white and not realize that it also gave me tangible meaningful benefits.

These are pretty large statements...the kind of broad explanatory statements I reject because they so quickly remind me of others. Stupid as they seem...they're certainly possible. I started digging through where the ideas came from.

I don't blame people for accepting easy answers.

When they do that though, they shouldn't dig their heels in, insist that cannot possibly be wrong, and never even consider another viewpoint.

I don't think they care as long as they get what they think they want.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
This is what surprises me more than anything.
The people who say this whole choose your own gender ideology is reality also claim biology is reality which makes no sense at all since choose your own gender has to be the complete opposite of biology.

People are now claiming 'other' things as things to identify as, like a doll or a dog. I knew they would. Seems like people are blind to the natural and irrational progression of this type of thought.
This person is a demon doll who does 'cute nose bleeds'

That's the thing. Using their "logic" why can't we just identify as anything we want at any given time. I should be able to travel to Antarctica and identify as a polar bear and fully expect all of the other polar bears to accept me and treat me just the same as them.

If a child enters a bar and they try to turn her away for being underage, then why can't she just identify as being 25?

If there is no biological reality to sex, then there is no biological reality to age or any other thing because you can just choose whatever you want based on how you feel.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
its a self explanatory statement.

Some people try to conflate gender dysphoria, a mental illness, with being transgender when the two are not the same thing to help justify their personal prejudices. (these people are sick they need to be treated, fixed, cured or shut away so good people don't have to deal with them.) And when that fails try trivializing who they are, like saying they are just on a lark, as a means of justify prejudice (these people are just playing games so they deserve to be hated and harmed and abused to get them to stop and if they don't that just means they are sick and need to be "cured" or sent away)

He thinks "gender dysphoria" means the feeling that a trans person has when struggling with the difference between biological sex and their gender (which is now being detached from biological sex without any good reason).

He doesn't realize gender dysphoria is now considered the feelings of stress and anxiety and resulting depression a trans person has when confronted with the reality of life in a society where their expression of gender is abnormal.

So he sees the trans person as the one struggling with reality.

You see it as society as having the problem for not easily accepting the trans people.

What you don't seem to consider is that to society, there are good reasons why outward appearance are reliable indicators of sex. It's because they are 99.99% of the time. Society isn't filled with bigots, it's filled with rational people who are using reliable patterns to identify people around them.

The problem really occurs because the trans people appear to be attempting to deceive others. They don't fit the pattern that is so reliable.

The explanation of this is that they aren't trying to deceive others, they genuinely feel differently inside and want to reflect that in appearance.

You can agree with that last part, right? That is the basis of their explanation for their behavior? They feel different from the rest of us?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.