Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

Hey, folks, this is almost exciting. I’ve discovered a new principle in the gender world: You can “misgender” a person, and you’re never wrong — not wrong at all! I’m not sure there’s even such a thing as being wrong about it!

Don’t get too excited, though. It’s only almostexciting. Misgender someone, and you’re a bad person. You may not be wrong, but you’re still bad. Very bad.

I’m not making this up. It comes from long experience with trans activism. Most recently, though, I find it in written complaints from a couple of trans persons.

See How Bad You Must Be?

One of them, Sam Dylan Finch, writing on a “queer” website, says you’re bad in ten different ways. It starts with you being an arrogant you-know-what, thinking you know her better than she knows herself.

That’s just the beginning. You don’t care about her sense of safety, and you’re okay with hurting and offending her if it makes you more comfortable. That makes you one of those rotten types who never think about anyone but themselves.

Get her pronoun wrong, and you’re telling her she’s an inconvenience to you. You don’t want her being honest about herself, and if she is, you don’t want to listen. You’re no ally; you’re not someone she can trust. This isn’t just disrespect, it’s teaching others disrespect.

See how bad you are? Bad, bad, bad.

What’s fascinating, though, is what’s missing for her list. Do you see anything among her complaints that says you’re wrong? I don’t mean morally wrong; she’s got that covered with all the ways you’re bad. I mean factually wrong, as in, “Actually, really, factually, I’m male. You keep getting that fact wrong.” That’s nowhere to be found in her long list of complaints.

Continued below.
Trans Pushiness: You Don't Have to be Wrong to be Bad; You're Just Bad | The Stream

Last edited: