• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Tragedy strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus-is-the-1

Got no doubt, boss
Dec 5, 2003
Florida
✟15,341.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of the managers I work for (in a steakhouse) was murdered at work yesterday. One or more people broke in after hours robbed him, brutally attacked and killed him. He has a wife and a 4 month old baby. :cry: This is so sad. We all miss him greatly.:cry: We are praying that these killers be caught and justice be served.

Please offer up a prayer for this man's wife and other loved ones, please.

Thank you!

Reactions: EbonNelumbo
Jesus-is-the-1 said:
One of the managers I work for (in a steakhouse) was murdered at work yesterday. One or more people broke in after hours robbed him, brutally attacked and killed him. He has a wife and a 4 month old baby. :cry: This is so sad. We all miss him greatly.:cry: We are praying that these killers be caught and justice be served.

Please offer up a prayer for this man's wife and other loved ones, please.

Thank you!

This kind of tragedy is one of the most wretched for the family concerned. As God says, a man and wife become one in marriage, and their unity is extended into their children. A sound family is a unit of contentment, planning its future and living the beauty of every day as it slowly unfolds. This kind of intrusion into their dreams is not supposed to happen...and when it does the impact is disastrous.

This kind of tragedy comes out of the blue and shatters the very fabric of that family into a thousand pieces that can never be put together again. On top of the shock and agony of sudden death is heaped the horror and anger at the deliberate, callous and brutal manner in which a life has been so casually snuffed out. The normal anguish and grief that accompanies death, in this case, joins hands with the pain and torment of a police investigation and trial and prison sentence. A court hearing, where the wife eventually meets the criminals face to face is a heart-wrenching ordeal. Those characters will become a shadow in the background of her life for ever more.

But in this case there is even more than the family's own despair. There is also the impact on employees. Fear and uncertainty add greatly to the unsettled feeling and grieving amongst employees, and I hope that you are all also receiving crisis help following this tragedy?

May God's hand shield and support this family and may he grant his peace and blessings to them as they struggle through this ordeal.

Upvote 0

AwesomeMachine

Nov 10, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
✟613.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I said "The Angelus" especially for your coworker's family. I am filled with grief over what happened. What a crime. I pray for justice. Romans 12:19 “Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord.” May God Bless You for posting this, this Christmas season, and all throughout the coming year.

Upvote 0
Anti Existance said:
What a horrible world we live in :cry: , lets try to keep spreading the love and light into this world filled with hate,greed and anger.

You are right, spreading love and light is a very important task for us to keep focussed on. It is situations like this that test to the very limit our abilities to put Christian principles into practice. We all learn the theory of such virtues as turning the other cheek, blessing those that hate and persecute us, meeting evil with good, and forgiving those that sin against us, etc. But when we face people capable of committing such gross callousness against other humans, our reaction is understandably to wish that God would simply rip their guts outs and smash them to pieces.

But when we feel like that I think we need to remind ourselves of another of God's qualities. Whilst we normally concentrate on God as love, we need to remember he is also a God of perfect justice. We know that because our faith is based on God's greatest demonstration of his justice - the suffering and death of his own innocent Son. Justice requires that all sin has to be paid for in some form, and even though we who believe in Christ are redeemed from our sin, God still did not circumvent this requirement, but fulfilled it instead through his Son. So if God was prepared to let his own Son suffer in the name of justice, how would he allow those humans who have rejected Christ to avoid justice for their own sins? We really need to trust God absolutely in this, otherwise we cannot focus properly on what is the right Christian approach towards all human beings.

We need to remember that God loves all humans, without exception. And that makes it important, as Christians, to try to learn to love the person and hate the sin. It is sin that is our enemy, not the individual. That in no way excuses or diminishes the gravity of such terrible deeds, it only reminds us that God's mercy extends to all humans such that anyone who really genuinely repents, is broken with remorse, and turns their life over to Christ (there are some who fake this as a cover for their feelings of guilt, but they do not fool God) is not irretrievably rejected by God. This is demonstrated by both Christ and the apostle Stephen when asking God to forgive even those that were unjustly murdering them at that very moment.

God shuts out sin, not people. There is only one unforgiveable sin. Learning to fight sin without shutting the door on the sinner is perhaps one of the hardest aspects of Christian living to put into practice. God allows the weeds to grow alongside the wheat, so it is not for us to judge who is which, but to help the wheat to grow and manifest itself and avoid becoming suffocated by the real weeds. This is one reason why we have pastors whose vocation in life is to work in prisons with even the hardest of criminals. Christianity is certainly not a soft sell that offers an easy way out from crime and sin. But it is a faith that does not permanently close its doors because of our history, rather it is ready to open its doors to anyone who truly repents in spite of our history.

When specifically dealing with grief, feelings of hate and anger towards others and towards God are often inevitable and should not be considered wrong. We cannot fight what is natural to our human instinct and makeup. However, I think we should recognise that these need to be temporary reactions that require treatment and healing in order that we can recover from tragedy. It is when we cling to hate and anger that these emotions start to turn themselves inwards and eat away at the victim rather than the villain in the form of bitterness and self-pity. This becomes a stagnant condition that can gradually destroy the person even more than the original tragedy. However, this is not to say that recovery from hate and anger is a rapid process, it can take many years. But both the pace and the permanence of this recovery is certainly accelerated by the light and love that friends and loved ones can give by standing by those in trouble.

Spreading light and love through Christian example is indeed an important, and extemely difficult, task for us all.

This is a personal interpretation only and I hope not to have offended anyone. I am not diminishing the gravity of crime, nor do I intend any condemnation for anyone feeling anger or hate in the face of brutality or tragedy. If anyone should feel offended by my post them please simply ignore me as a fool, or feel free to tell me so outright! - either here or by PM :)

Upvote 0

Godslass

Dec 23, 2005
Bonny Scotland
✟262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im stunned to read your horrific news! I shall very gladly pray, especially for the wife and son, that they will experience God's strength and a sense of His comforting presence at this time.

I'll pray for you too, and all your boss's friends and staff, that you could all support and help each other at this painful time. It's great that you know Jesus!, and God might give you a word of comfort for your friends to help them get thru this trauma.

Take care,

Godslass

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.