Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
However, wasn't the 1054 Great Schism of the Orthodox from the RCC partially based on the Orthodox who did not want to submit to the Roman Pope?

It depends on who you ask.

That article is a bit oversimplified. And the Orthodox would phrase things a bit differently from the Catholic viewpoint, which should come as no surprise.

Though this forum doesn't exist for the sake of argument, we can certainly discuss the Great Schism. :) It would need to be in its own thread though, since this is just an introductory census thread. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Orthodox (Antioch), Roman Catholic at heart, in submission to the Roman Pontiff.

Hello Finished, and welcome to CF and to TT. :)

I'm not quite sure how to react to your position, since to me it implies a contradiction in terms. I'd be curious to know more. :) But this thread isn't the best place to discuss, since it's just a census thread.

But I did wish to welcome you, and offer to feel free to ask at any time if you have any questions about the forums or need help navigating. :)

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟608,315.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Karl.C

Jun 4, 2017
Punchbowl, NSW
✟12,725.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
However, wasn't the 1054 Great Schism of the Orthodox from the RCC partially based on the Orthodox who did not want to submit to the Roman Pope?
Only partly true. The Byzantine Church, as the new Rome, wanted to assert its authority over the Roman Church who had traditionally retained emminence. Lots of intrigue with the Eastern Emperor appointing laymen to the bishopic etc... The ROC has taken the crown and in modern times asserting the same claims, even though they are a minority church in the world scheme of things.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What are you trying to communicate to us?
Probably just answering the OP stating what type of Traditional Christian Truth Lover is...

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Darth Bagel AKA Andrew (or Andy, whichever).

Raised and baptized in the Christian & Missionary Alliance church (evangelical), just recently joined the PCUSA. While I respect the Reformers, I have a big soft spot for pre-Reformation Christianity, especially Roman Catholicism, but also Orthodoxy.

Apparently I should to update this...

10 months after I posted the above, I enrolled in RCIA and 18 months after that I was Confirmed at Easter Vigil in 2017. I'm now Roman Catholic.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Apparently I should to update this...

10 months after I posted the above, I enrolled in RCIA and 18 months after that I was Confirmed at Easter Vigil in 2017. I'm now Roman Catholic.
Welcome home. :)

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Iarrthoir

Jan 8, 2018
California
✟19,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No idea. Mixed with a traditional mindset. Was raised Calvinistic Baptist. That didn't work so I don't know. Lean towards EO at times. Currently just know I'm Christian. Guess that's part of why I joined this forum.
By the way what is OCC?

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟608,315.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
By the way what is OCC?
Probably the Oriental Orthodox Church - sometimes referred to as the Coptic Church - who are led by Pope Tawadros.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Iarrthoir

Jan 8, 2018
California
✟19,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably the Oriental Orthodox Church - sometimes referred to as the Coptic Church - who are led by Pope Tawadros.
Thanks, not sure where I fit. So have been both asking questions as well as stating what I believe.

• Useful
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No idea. Mixed with a traditional mindset. Was raised Calvinistic Baptist. That didn't work so I don't know. Lean towards EO at times. Currently just know I'm Christian. Guess that's part of why I joined this forum.
By the way what is OCC?

OCC - Old Catholic Church?

And welcome!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
By the way what is OCC?
Welcome to Traditonal Theology!

Upvote 0