Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering if anyone could provide me, with a selection of good Traditional Catholic Forums. I'm getting tired of CAF, I'll still stay there, as a spokesperson and apologist for Traditional Catholicism, and to join in prayer requests. But I think I need a place to converse with some fellow TradCats.

I'm considering joining Fish Eaters Forum, how good are those forums?

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm currently reading the rules for Fish Eaters, It seems like a very good and reasonable community for TradCats, I'm very optimistic. I've also officially left CAF, for the moment, I will return one day, if things go really well, I will return in the fall. I feel much better now, having I'm finally taking a break from that community, I will return, and be an apologist and spokesperson for TradCats, but for now, I need a break.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Mrs. M. Ray

Jun 16, 2017
Seattle
✟15,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm currently reading the rules for Fish Eaters, It seems like a very good and reasonable community for TradCats, I'm very optimistic. I've also officially left CAF, for the moment, I will return one day, if things go really well, I will return in the fall. I feel much better now, having I'm finally taking a break from that community, I will return, and be an apologist and spokesperson for TradCats, but for now, I need a break.

I've taken a break from CAF for nearly two years. It's just too difficult to continually fight against the progressive Catholics who invade the threads of traditional Catholics, and try to enforce a liberal view. It wears one down after awhile.

Fisheaters is a mix of both devout and liberal Catholics. They seem to get along, somehow. I hope that its a good forum for you.

Upvote 0

Mrs. M. Ray

Jun 16, 2017
Seattle
✟15,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's a small, unique forum called motheofgod.com Spelled just like "mother of god", without the R. I haven't been on there very often, but it looks unique, conservative, and fairly lively.

I'll check it out, thanks.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I was a member of Fisheaters for years; good folk and good stuff. It helped to make me Catholic/aided with my conversion process about a decade ago. :) (Y)

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've taken a break from CAF for nearly two years. It's just too difficult to continually fight against the progressive Catholics who invade the threads of traditional Catholics, and try to enforce a liberal view. It wears one down after awhile.

The only way to avoid this is to explicitly have rules that limit statements against teaching, and outright forbid moderators from supporting such positions. These rules must then be enforced zealously.

Anything less, and especially any ambiguity, will be widened by anti-Catholic infiltrators. They will begin by arguing that exceptions should be broader, in the spirit of "fellowship", which allows them to bring more fellow travelers along as posters and moderators. When they begin to get a sizable presence they will use the old rules to ban and silence those who oppose their positions, often using rules in the exact opposite way from how they were intended (for example, by taking a rule that "discussion relating to controversial matters in opposition to Church teaching, such as abortion, is forbidden" as a means of deleting all posts in opposition to abortion, while leaving pro-choice posts up). When they get a majority, the pretenses are largely dropped and the forum becomes an echo-chamber for posters to attack the Church.

It's happened on pretty much every website I've seen that doesn't have the rules that I mentioned earlier. And, of course, it's not just websites either; a great many social groups and schools in real life have fallen in the exact same way.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums