Traditional Adventism or Adventist Traditionalism?

Ubuntu

wayfaring stranger
Mar 7, 2012
✟33,907.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Interesting article:

"Don’t be duped into merely assuming that you’re resting safely, Sabbath after Sabbath, in the comfortable embrace of traditional Adventism. If you’re too comfortable—if you haven’t challenged your set of common assumptions about God, the Bible and the church—then there’s nothing “traditional” about your Adventism.

Why? Because real traditional Adventism is edgy, open-minded, forward thinking, and progressive. And yes, I just used the “p” word. But before we get nervous, I mean it in the sense that Ellen White meant it when she declared that the Bible is “a progressive book,” fostering spiritual development and understanding. True traditional Adventism welcomes Spirit-led change."

read more: Traditional Adventism or Adventist Traditionalism?

• Informative
Reactions: LinaBellus

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting article:

"Don’t be duped into merely assuming that you’re resting safely, Sabbath after Sabbath, in the comfortable embrace of traditional Adventism. If you’re too comfortable—if you haven’t challenged your set of common assumptions about God, the Bible and the church—then there’s nothing “traditional” about your Adventism.

Why? Because real traditional Adventism is edgy, open-minded, forward thinking, and progressive. And yes, I just used the “p” word. But before we get nervous, I mean it in the sense that Ellen White meant it when she declared that the Bible is “a progressive book,” fostering spiritual development and understanding. True traditional Adventism welcomes Spirit-led change."

read more: Traditional Adventism or Adventist Traditionalism?
An article to Adventists from an infidel author from a Jesuit linked school... I think I know where this is going.

Creating seeds of confusion among Adventists by calling black, white and white black. Spiritualism basically.

The teachings of the Advent pioneers is to be the foundation of our beliefs and not to be discarded for some new light, some "spirit lead" change agent. Additional light that dovetails or enhances the early writings would be considered but never a departure from the foundation laid. The truth of the writings of Ellen White and of those other inspired pioneers that brought the world the message for this time, has not changed.... although Satan has tried to convince us otherwise.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ellen is left out in the cold with the other false prophets.
I believe you are in violation of this forum's rules which state (in part):

if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against this group's theology.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But I am not the one calling Ms White a "false prophet."

I edited my post to correct that. My cat got on my laptop when I was logged in and typed that so it was purely accidental. I did not give him any treats that night as a punishment!

Upvote 0

Elessar

Dusk
Oct 8, 2004
Bristol, PA
✟7,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
An article to Adventists from an infidel author from a Jesuit linked school... I think I know where this is going.

Do you have any additional info on this? I tried to search for more background of Jeffrey Rosario but couldn't not find much nor which school/s he had attended. Thanks.

Upvote 0