New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise the Lord!! I've been having a toxic experience with some overly critical Christians lately and then -wow- some wonderfully uplifting sermons from Levi Lusko just really helped me breathe fresh air!!!! It's like coming out of weighty fog. I love the Lord. He knows what we need!!!! I didn't even realize how drained I was until life was spoken back in to me. The verses were on point!!! :clap::preach::crossrc::prayer::amen:

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
happy that you are happy, for what reasons they criticized you?
I opened up about some character flaws in order to be more accepted. It had the opposite effect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HappyHope; I am also happy for you! Sometimes listening to sermons can be very edifying. And it may also affirm a lot for you. Depending on what you are going through, but God knows of our every needs!

Reminding ourselves of His truth and Word does help too, also when praying!

It is very sweet of you to pray for them! They do definitely need this! Though pray also to God for if it is good for you spending a lot of time with them, as this bible verse states;

1 Corinthians 15:33

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

• Friendly
Reactions: HappyHope
Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HappyHope; I am also happy for you! Sometimes listening to sermons can be very edifying. And it may also affirm a lot for you. Depending on what you are going through, but God knows of our every needs!

Reminding ourselves of His truth and Word does help too, also when praying!

It is very sweet of you to pray for them! They do definitely need this! Though pray also to God for if it is good for you spending a lot of time with them, as this bible verse states;

1 Corinthians 15:33

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

May the Lord richly bless you, Crowned Princess, as you have blessed me. Don't be fooled, I'm not too sweet. The Lord had me memorize Ephesian 4:31-32 recently. I suspect it is for this season. I would leave their area of influence but I've got two levels of hierarchy above me saying no. I have to see something through this time. I feel positive my journey with these folks with end on a good note. It's getting there that's the challenge. No short cuts. Praising the Lord all the way!

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May the Lord richly bless you, Crowned Princess, as you have blessed me. Don't be fooled, I'm not too sweet. The Lord had me memorize Ephesian 4:31-32 recently. I suspect it is for this season. I would leave their area of influence but I've got two levels of hierarchy above me saying no. I have to see something through this time. I feel positive my journey with these folks with end on a good note. It's getting there that's the challenge. No short cuts. Praising the Lord all the way!

HappyHope; that's very strong two bible verses to memorize.

He does lets us go through what is needed for us at each time. Also putting us into situations in which we may also struggle or have the same sin in us, though we may have tried hiding it away from ourselves in our own conciousnesses. But God knows us deeper and better than we know ourselves ,truthfully!

For some reason it helped for me reading this too, and being reminded of that there is no short cuts. As God knows how much time it is needed for each one of us, when working with us. Moses for example had to wait 40 years before He was ready for what God had in mind for Him. And imagine how it was for Noah when building the ark? This type of waiting requires faith in God and in His promises, as well as patience. Trusting in what God has told and shown.

I wish for you to be very richly blessed as well by God, in Jesus Christ's Name! Amen!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HappyHope; that's very strong two bible verses to memorize.

He does lets us go through what is needed for us at each time. Also putting us into situations in which we may also struggle or have the same sin in us, though we may have tried hiding it away from ourselves in our own conciousnesses. But God knows us deeper and better than we know ourselves ,truthfully!

For some reason it helped for me reading this too, and being reminded of that there is no short cuts. As God knows how much time it is needed for each one of us, when working with us. Moses for example had to wait 40 years before He was ready for what God had in mind for Him. And imagine how it was for Noah when building the ark? This type of waiting requires faith in God and in His promises, as well as patience. Trusting in what God has told and shown.

I wish for you to be very richly blessed as well by God, in Jesus Christ's Name! Amen!
I think you are right. It probably is a same sin thing in part. What they accuse me of I could turn back on them easily. So I'm praying daily for love, love, love to cover us all in Jesus name. Since I'm not hot-tempered or prone to bitterness as much as specific sensitives, I knew this was going to be a doozy of a trial when those verses were emphasized to me by the Holy Spirit. I'm not too worried. If I do what I'm supposed to,(unconditional positive regard) I feel we'll all come out of this better. Praise the Lord! Thanks again! Sorry if I got overly chatty!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:43-48

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy'. But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."

This may look easy to do for a lot of people when life feels easy and one has a lot of support around, as when life becomes difficult and the support around you becomes scarce this will become more difficult. It is during times of trials that you are the most tested with this part, as when life feels easy on you, then loving others just feels easier. Makes sense?

When you become a target of the enemy, this is when you become more tested in this part. How many are capable of loving people who have become their enemy? Jesus Christ managed this, even though He was perfect in all His ways! He loved them even whilst He was suffering and dying on the cross. We are meant to keep on learning from Him, yet, when it becomes difficult, it isn't always easy doing this. Only when we get more love refill from God, as you have stated too. By ourselves it isn't natural for us loving those who harm us, but through Christ's love we can manage this!

2 Corinthians 5:14a

"For the love of Christ compels us"

Keep on standing strong in Christ's love!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

HappyHope

Jul 22, 2019
New Mexico
✟54,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perfect verses!!!! Thanks for the encouraging comments. I agree. You rock! Compelled by Christ's love is very fitting too. It always comes back to Christ Jesus. As it should. We are so blessed to be loved and accepted by Him. :amen::kissingheart::heart:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Can a message be sent you? Yahweh Willing....
Cool!

Upvote 0