Total depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
I I received a phone call from the pastor today, he accused me of all kinds of things falsely and told me I am not welcome at church anymore. On sunday mom and I went back to to our old church on sunday and this one lady came up to me and mom and said she missed us and asked us was I sick? I told her no, I was sick of the way we had been mistreated. we talked , she said she loved us she really did. quote unquote. then she turned around and called him up and told him what I said. he is just mad because, some of the people actually started liking us and he was mad about it. about 4 weeks ago, I called the pastor and he never returned my call, today when he called he calimed he called me and I refused to return his call. He lied about eveything. He just turned the story around because he was trying to cover up the fact that he did not return the call, he made it look like I didnt call him back. I am very upset about this. :confused: I know the truth and god does too and so does he but he wants to cover up his lies so he blamed me. I told him to call my mom and ask her what was said since she heard everything and knew as a disabled person I did not go around and tell anyone anything. instead he hung up. I sat here crying my eyes out because it seems everytime I tell the truth I get no where and others who lie seem to get ahead, that is what bugs me. I suggested he and mom and I all talk. the only reason he doesnt want to is because he knows the truth would come out. I hope god takes me home soon, I am tired of being hurt by people who say they are christians and hurt others this way. the first time I talk to someone he falsely accuses me.

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This sounds really awful!
I am sorry to hear you went through this...something that I don't think anyone can imagine going through.
I pray for you, because you have been hurt.
And I pray for this pastor, because something wrong is there and it needs to go away.

Upvote 0
thanks for your prayers. It seems when you tell the truth these days you get nowhere. many churches not all, seem to care only about the people who give alot of money or are in the click or are in to the church politics. many people dont care about what is right nowadays. mom was with me the whole time and she is proof of everything. I know god knows the truth but what makes me angry is knowing that people can lie to others in the name of christ and kick out someone and then turn around and think because he holds a certain position in the church this means he can get away with it.

Upvote 0
I'll pray for you and your troubles friend. I also pray that you don't let the duplicity of others bring you down.

2 Corinthians 4:7 - 9
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Samuel 22:2 - 4
He said: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-- from violent men you save me. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

All praise be to Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear your having such a bad time. Just remember, these times, although hard to see through it now, later on......WILL make you stronger. Hold tight, remember, lots of people are out to fill their own needs, beware, but dont let that stop you from finding the good in others. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, I feel sorry for those you have encounted who DONT. Please try not to be discouraged by others, unfortunately, there will be more people in your lifetime you will encounter like this. Try to find the difference. There are good caring people out there.....dont give up hope!

;)

Much love,

DuskDove

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
First, don't let this one person get you down! If you feel yourself feeling depressed, then try praying for this guy. "Love your enemies"...it will make you feel a lot better! I tried this, and now one of the people who hated me is talking to me again. And, while she wasn't, i felt a whole lot better about myself and the whole situation in the meantime!

Also, I will be praying for you on this. I hope that something happens to this pastor's heart, because he clearly is empty to do something so rotten and petty. But, most of all, don't worry! look up Matthew 6:25-34. Turn this over to God, and you'll get the best results.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
evangelizer,

Let God take you throught this trial. He still loves you although that pastor is misusing his position that God blessed him with.
Remember what happened to Christ? Gods very own Son was chased out of the Synagogue by people who misused their positions there just because they said He was only a carpenters
son.
Also, there are just rewards aplenty to go around and that pastor
will receive his, unquestionably.
God bless you and strengthen and guide you in this.

Upvote 0

SenseiPiccolo

Apr 6, 2002
✟3,236.00
Originally posted by evangelizer
I I received a phone call from the pastor today, he accused me of all kinds of things falsely and told me I am not welcome at church anymore. On sunday mom and I went back to to our old church on sunday and this one lady came up to me and mom and said she missed us and asked us was I sick? I told her no, I was sick of the way we had been mistreated. we talked , she said she loved us she really did. quote unquote. then she turned around and called him up and told him what I said. he is just mad because, some of the people actually started liking us and he was mad about it. about 4 weeks ago, I called the pastor and he never returned my call, today when he called he calimed he called me and I refused to return his call. He lied about eveything. He just turned the story around because he was trying to cover up the fact that he did not return the call, he made it look like I didnt call him back. I am very upset about this. :confused: I know the truth and god does too and so does he but he wants to cover up his lies so he blamed me. I told him to call my mom and ask her what was said since she heard everything and knew as a disabled person I did not go around and tell anyone anything. instead he hung up. I sat here crying my eyes out because it seems everytime I tell the truth I get no where and others who lie seem to get ahead, that is what bugs me. I suggested he and mom and I all talk. the only reason he doesnt want to is because he knows the truth would come out. I hope god takes me home soon, I am tired of being hurt by people who say they are christians and hurt others this way. the first time I talk to someone he falsely accuses me.

My dearest Evangilizer...
I too have been hurt by pastors...
and this probably hurts the most.
Forgive him, tell him you forgive him,
then move on, keep your focous on Jesus.
Dont put you faith or trust ibn any man other then Jesus--
Man will just let you down and hurt you--
But Jesus-- he's the good sheppard--
He will catch you when ya fall and
comfort you when your in pain
He will always lead you to victory--
Just keep your faith/trust/hope/love/focous in Him
youll be in my prayers
^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
just as recent as this month dealing w/a youth pastor. He has hurt my family and especially my teenage daughter that needed him so much...yet I have to turn it over to God and forgive..as hard as it may be. I'll pray about this for you and your pastor, especially. May God usher peace upon you now regarding this entire situation and take away your hurt.

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say that it seems like the liars always get ahead. I'm in a situation where an ex-friend, who lied and manipulated and hurt a lot of people seems to be getting everything she wants (and everything everyone else wants, too). It's really tough to know the real deal, but not know how to make people see. I will pray that the truth does, eventually, come to the surface.

Upvote 0
thank you so very much to each and everyone of you that replied to me about depression and my church situation. I really appreciate you all sharing your prayers and your heart with me. It really helped me to know that some of you have been through pain and hurt as well and were willing to share it with me to encourage me. God bless each of you. I was really down about this, but I feel somewhat better now, thanks again and God bless . How kind of you to share with me and help me. I am so grateful that someone understands. thanks again, evangelizer :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Taylor 310

Taylor Evangelist
Feb 20, 2002
Valencia CA USA
Visit site
✟7,765.00
Faith
Christian
Hello~

Bro (or Sis) Evangelizer~

I feel your pain. A few years ago, i went to a church for four years. This is the church where i began my true walk with Christ and where i found the joy of serving Him. However, i discovered a dirty little secret and i began to slowly die away. Everything about that church crumbled to me and i slowly saw that spiritually, the church was dying too. I later left that church (in May 99) and a former friend was at my new church. I told him that little secret and soon enough... the old church found out [methinks his parents heard it and blabbed it to the old church]

That same year, i was asked to help lead worship for the youth summer retreat and the person involved in this dirty secret wouldnt acknowledge me at all. He turned from someone that i respected to someone that hated my guts. Not only that, he criticised my parents who spent years serving that church like i did

You know... God uses those things for many reasons. One of them, is to help us find another flock or congregation where we are needed most and where we will personally grow more

I dunno where you are now and i dunno whether youre still not yet over the pain, but time will heal. God has a purpose in all of this and i believe He is looking out for you

Be blessed!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.