• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Total COVID-19 Cases Surpasses Half Million Worldwide

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by The IbanezerScrooge, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:53 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge Well-Known Member

+731
    Atheist
    Private
    Sometime between 10:45 and 12:25 EST. Global mortality rate is a solid 4.5% up from 3.6% about a week and a half ago. We are on track to surpass 1 million cases by the end of the month.
    upload_2020-3-26_13-52-30.png

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ricky M

Ricky M Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,079
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    1 million out of 7.8 billion. That's 0.013%.

Compared to 38,800 motor vehicle deaths out of 221.7 million drivers in the USA. That's a ratio of 0.017%.

We better lock our cars up.

3. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,034
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    Its thinking like that, that has caused many problems.
    It is a dangerous virus.
    I bet no one is bothered with statistics when they or their loved ones get it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+8,354
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    [​IMG]

5. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,820
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    It looks like the U.S. will be #1 in cases before too much longer and that is not good news, my fellow Americans.

6. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+5,046
    Atheist
    Go Trumpian logic.

38,800 motor vehicle deaths or ~100 per day across the US.

On March 22, 117 died from Coronavirus across the US.
    On March 23, 140 died from Coronavirus across the US.
    On March 24, 225 died from Coronavirus across the US.
    On March 25, 247 died from Coronavirus across the US.
    Over 250 will die today.
    Likely over 300 will die tomorrow.
    By the end of the week, people will be dying in the US from Coronavirus by 4-5X the rate of people dying from motor vehicle deaths - and that's with all of the measures we've taken to slow the growth rate.

Simply put, your argument is like watching Godzilla rise out of the ocean, and when you can only see his eyes, claim that he's no more than 15' tall, not much larger than an elephant, because we can only see 15' of him above the water. It's a bad argument and you look foolish making it, just as Trump looked foolish making it earlier this week.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+3,317
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Auto crash deaths are a fairly fixed number, covid 19 isn't stopping here. Probably car crashes gonna go way down with everyone sitting at home !! The % of deaths per count of cases may stay be sort of fixed but the expansion of this bug continues to grow rapidly. This thing isn't going away anytime soon either unless some major breakthrough shows up.

8. pitabread

+8,354
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    I think it's a case of some people still being firmly in denial at how serious this is. These people haven't realized that this is just the beginning. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 3:45 PM
  9. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+3,389
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There are probably a lot more cases that are undiagnosed.

10. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge Well-Known Member

+731
    Atheist
    Private
    Car wrecks aren't contagious. :doh:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+9,239
    Christian
    QFT :D

If you're for real... wow.

12. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+2,831
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I guess math is hard for some people.

13. Ricky M

+1,079
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    smhi.

If I said 2+2=4, +2=6, +2=8, I'm sure a lot of you would scream "2+2 does not equal 8 !!!".

Ok, you win. The death flu is going to decimate the entire human race. Ya better go clean out your local Costco and stores in a panic. Golly gee how will we ever survive this? Nothing in the history of the world even compares!!!

And in a year when we get to look back at this, we're all going to act surprised at how we murdered the world's economies, and put millions if not billions out of work and into poverty, needlessly.

C'mon antichrist. The people are ready for you.

14. Ricky M

+1,079
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Apparently it is.

15. pitabread

+8,354
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Trying to save millions of lives is needless?

Are you one of those "the elderly should die for the greater good" types?

16. Ricky M

+1,079
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    “Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
    ― Ziad K. Abdelnour

17. Ricky M

+1,079
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    No. Proper precautions are needed. We should stay in, keep our distance, and wash our hands regularly.

What we should NOT do is go ape-you know what, panic, spread fear, and go overboard like we always do these days.

Honestly, if you think this is the plague that's going to kill off mankind, you are in NO WAY ready for what's going to come after it.

18. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,792
    Seeker
    The silliness of this post beggars belief.

You know what’s bad for the economy? Pushing hospitals past the limit of what they can realistically treat. CoVid-19 is picking up speed. Most of the cases in the US happened in the last week, and that trend is only accelerating. We do not have infinite space to put people, and the more energy hospitals spend dealing with the pandemic, the less time they have to deal with other things - like people injured in car wrecks.

Look at Italy, see how bad that’s getting. That’s the scenario we’re teetering towards.

19. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,792
    Seeker
    Where has anyone said this pandemic is going to ‘end mankind’?

20. pitabread

+8,354
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    I'm not suggesting panic. But I'm also not downplaying that this is a serious outbreak that could have devastating consequences to populations if left unchecked.

Unfortunately, there are still people downplaying the seriousness of this outbreak and those people are putting everyone else at risk.

a) I don't think that and nothing in my posts even suggest that. In fact, the only ones I've seen claiming this are the religious zealots thinking this outbreak is the harbinger of the apocalypse.

b) I put zero stock in Biblical claims about the apocalypse given that every single person to date making such proclamations has been wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.