Tortures from the antichrist

Do you believe in the left behind theory?

• yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • What's that?

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I usually get these in the wrong forum. Please move it if need be and let me know staff, Thank you.

I often wonder if I am left behind will I be strong enough to withstand the tortures from the antichrist. I feel like most Christians think they will but when you think deeply on it it gets a little/lot scary. I hope I am brave enough. How do you feel about it?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I usually get these in the wrong forum. Please move it if need be and let me know staff, Thank you.

I often wonder if I am left behind will I be strong enough to withstand the tortures from the antichrist.

The taking and leaving (one taken one left) happens at the second coming of Christ which is also when the AC is defeated so you don't have to worry about what the AC does. The rapture means to be taken up in the Greek and that's what the one taken is. The word LEFT in the Greek there means to be rejected and abandoned so you don't want to be the one "LEFT" at the second coming because it does not mean to survive or "remain" in fact one of it's definitions means to leave to die.

taken

3880 paralambano {par-al-am-ban'-o}

from 3844 and 2983; TDNT - 4:11,495; v

AV - take 30, receive 15, take unto 2, take up 2, take away 1; 50

1) to take to, to take with one's self, to join to one's self
1a) an associate, a companion
1b) metaph.
1b1) to accept or acknowledge one to be such as he professes to be
1b2) not to reject, not to withhold obedience
2) to receive something transmitted
2a) an office to be discharged
2b) to receive with the mind
2b1) by oral transmission: of the authors from whom the
tradition proceeds
2b2) by the narrating to others, by instruction of teachers
(used of disciples)

"to take with one's self"
"to join to one's self"
"an associate"
"a companion"
"not to reject"

left

863 aphiemi {af-ee'-ay-mee}

from 575 and hiemi (to send, an intens. form of eimi, to go);
TDNT - 1:509,88; v

AV - leave 52, forgive 47, suffer 14, let 8, forsake 6, let alone 6,
misc 13; 146

1) to send away
1a) to bid going away or depart
1a1) of a husband divorcing his wife
1b) to send forth, yield up, to expire
1c) to let go, let alone, let be
1c1) to disregard
1c2) to leave, not to discuss now, (a topic)
1c21) of teachers, writers and speakers
1c3) to omit, neglect
1d) to let go, give up a debt, forgive, to remit
1e) to give up, keep no longer
2) to permit, allow, not to hinder, to give up a thing to a person
3) to leave, go way from one
3a) in order to go to another place
3b) to depart from any one
3c) to depart from one and leave him to himself so that all
mutual claims are abandoned
3d) to desert wrongfully
3e) to go away leaving something behind
3f) to leave one by not taking him as a companion
3g) to leave on dying, leave behind one
3h) to leave so that what is left may remain, leave remaining
3i) abandon, leave destitute

"to send away"
"of a husband divorcing his wife"
"to expire"
"to disregard"
"neglect"
"keep no longer"
"to leave on dying"
"leave behind one"
"abandon, leave destitute"

• Informative
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I often wonder if I am left behind will I be strong enough to withstand the tortures from the antichrist. I feel like most Christians think they will but when you think deeply on it it gets a little/lot scary. I hope I am brave enough. How do you feel about it?

But, where in the Scriptures does it say anything about people being left behind and the antichrist torturing them? It is fiction, like the books. Don't worry about it, I would be more concerned about having my heart right before the actual coming of Christ.

• Useful
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Its interesting how different doctrines can be. Here is a version, two are in a field, one is taken and one is left behind when Jesus returns to take his chlldren. The one left behind will face the AC. Either succumbing to him and taking the mark or not and die for Christ while being tortured for not taking the mark.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Whatsoever the carcass is, there will the vultures be gathered together.

That is a "where" that the TAKEN ones are taken to - you do not want to be taken in that passage.

Yes you want to be taken because you are taken to Armageddon by Christ to watch the battle. Remember that TAKEN in the Greek means to be alive and accepted and LEFT means to be rejected and die.

• Informative
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Its interesting how different doctrines can be. Here is a version, two are in a field, one is taken and one is left behind when Jesus returns to take his chlldren. The one left behind will face the AC. Either succumbing to him and taking the mark or not and die for Christ while being tortured for not taking the mark.

Read what Christ says in Matthew 24. Christ is talking about the Judgment, He compares it to the flood. Christ does not come to retreat back to heaven, but as the Judge.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
"And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together" Isaiah 40:5

No "left behind".
Also:

And all mankind will see God’s salvation.’” Luke 3:6

Personally, though, I no longer subscribe to the concept of The AntiChrist, The Tribulation, or mankind needing salvation from something (on a cosmic scale, anyway—salvation from a burning building or a pack of cranky barking spiders might still be necessary from time to time :) ).

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Daniel's 70 weeks was over at stoning of Stephen.

This whole "gap" jazz about "the prophetic clock stopped and waited" is not biblically justified, other prophetic time-periods, like Jews in Egypt, ran CONCURRENTLY, why should we expect Daniel's 70 shauvim to be any different?

I do believe in "multiple fulfillments", and there is a 3 & 1/2 year period described in Revelation, I think it could mean both 67-70 AD as well as a future one, neither were part of the original Daniel's 70 weeks, that ran CONCURRENTLY, it is over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Also:

And all mankind will see God’s salvation.’” Luke 3:6

Personally, though, I no longer subscribe to the concept of The AntiChrist, The Tribulation, or mankind needing salvation from something (on a cosmic scale, anyway—salvation from a burning building or a pack of cranky barking spiders might still be necessary from time to time :) ).

I googled "barking spider" because I didn't think that was a real thing. I instantly regretted it.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I googled "barking spider" because I didn't think that was a real thing. I instantly regretted it.
Yeah... they're a thing... unfortunately.
I just wish they actually barked, you know, like dogs. That would be cute. Kinda.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I was a Christian I liked thinking about the torture and trials future Christians would face in the tribulation, lol. Sadly those Christians who are obsessed with suffering and persecution probably overbear those Christians who are not. I guess they have their pre-tribulation ideas to cling onto.

Reminds me of that Chick Tract about the tribulation. One guy was being tortured with microchips (because microchips apparently increase the pain.. lol) and one guy was like.. once this Christian is dead "we'll use his body for food!"

• Haha
Reactions: holo
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So no one believes in the 3 and a half year tribulation where some remain to fight the anti-christ?
As I understand it, a seven year tribulation period with a second half (3 and a half years) know as the great tribulation. The church being raptured either before, during, or after. I vote for a pretribulation rapture. The other two options are mid-tribulation and post-tribulation.

I don't know as much about Eschatology as I used to. And you are right, no one (except the Seventh Day Adventists) talks about it anymore.

There is something I did discover many years after all this had blown over (so to speak) was the term "the realm of the dead" occurs 29 times in the Bible. Reading into these occurrences gives a glimpse into the afterlife and where the souls may be right now. Another key passage is the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus. (Luke 16:19-31)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,210,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I vote for a pretribulation rapture.
This. When I believed in a rapture, I leaned towards pre-trib as well. I used to be able to support it with Scripture, but it's been ages and I'm now a bit rusty.

Nowadays, if I were going to be "raptured" (in the biblical sense -- I did experience something that could be considered rapture-esque on the same day Harold Camping predicted a rapture, back in 2011), I would want to take everyone with me.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.