Toronto Catholic school board votes to adopt 'gender' ideology in code of conduct

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The code of conduct is:
According to the policy update, "all members of the school community must: respect and treat others fairly, regardless of, for example, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status or disability."

It seems like a very good thing to me. If I had a child going to the school, then I would want my child to be treated with respect & to be treated fairly, regardless of race, colour, sexual orientation etc.

And isn't it the Christian thing to do, 'Treat others with Respect, & Treat them fairly? It is something all our kids should be taught, & something we should all adhere to ourselves.
Sure. Interpreted through the lense of the Catholic faith.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It might undermined Catholic doctrine. Be loving in Christ, yes. Condone specific behavior that could lead to sin and ultimately hell, no.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It might undermined Catholic doctrine. Be loving in Christ, yes. Condone specific behavior that could lead to sin and ultimately hell, no.

Exactly. It is not love but hate to condone and tolerate sinful behavior and not something a believer should do.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,223,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON

OBOB Statement of Purpose
OBOB welcomes non-Catholic guests who wish to fellowship or ask respectful questions.
Definition of a Fellowship Post

It is not:

It is not debate.
It is not apologetics.
It is not answering questions related to the beliefs of the group.
It is not teaching in any way on any issue

It is:
Essentially Fellowship is defined as a discussion of topics of association, of companionship - i.e. discussions of things like friends, family, work..... these are fellowship posts. And posts that genuinely offer friendship would certainly be described as fellowship.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I must be a mystic, I knew what they really meant prior to reading. Lol.

Here is the problem, no one stands up to these people. It is like a classroom full of kids run amok with no one willing to step in and tell them no. The church has abrogated their role as a moral authority. In fact the church is spiraling quickly onto the side of those mentioned in the piece.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Close the school up. If a tree is rotten to its roots then dig it up. Sack the teachers and take the economical security of their work from them.
I believe it's time to play tough guy with this decease spreading in the church.

Dissenting thoughts like theirs has a tendency of spreading like the plague. So why dont treat it as we would with actual plague?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟730,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Edit~

One the one hand I see rooting sin out of the Church by cutting it out and discarding it. I also see that if you repent you are forgiven and we all need to repent. So how can we can't penalize sexual sin other than say no sex in school. When religious rules enter a school, they can no longer receive government or also charity funds can be jeopardized.

I also feel like it is easier to bring people to repentance when they feel the gratitude of knowing you are forgiven.

There is always an abundance of gratitude in a church where people feel accepted and loved and in spite of an "alternative" sexual desire. Many who embrace that gratitude have shed their sinful desires with the obedience that comes with heartfelt gratitude.

I remember when we didn't talk about sex/gender stuff. They had their places and you didn't need an opinion about it because it wasn't around. That was much easier to deal with

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,646,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Each one if us cannot simply take the comfort of the pew on Sunday, and say nothing or do nothing about the attacks on our faith taking place all around us. Fr. Dwight Longenecker put it best for me: “First we overlook evil. Then we permit evil. Then we legalize evil. Then we promote evil. Then we celebrate evil. Then we persecute those who still call it evil.”

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others