• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Topless protest during Pope prayer

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved

+1,141
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
    Are the considerate members of the LGBT community afraid to publicly speak out against this kind of behavior because they don't want to be seen as being disloyal? Or they feel intimidated to stay quiet? Because I've never seen the LGBT community speaking out against this.

2. Michie

Michie Perch Perkins. Catholic reporter. ;) Supporter

+15,684
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    There have been several in the gay community in leadership positions that speak out against it. I've seen them on CNN, Free Speech TV, etc.

They are concerned about pr & being taken seriously or good reason.

I remember one man discussing it on FSTV in light of those in the homosexual community that want to adopt & the impression it leaves on the community at large.

3. Chrystal-J

+1,141
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
    If you can find it, can you link me to some of these videos? I'd really like to see them.

4. GenetoJean

GenetoJean Veteran

+118
    Anglican
    Private
    US-Others
    Dont forget the "T" on the end of LGBT, not all of us are gay. It can be confusing though.

5. Michie

+15,684
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm on dial-up but I can see if I can find some text. It's been awhile though.

Do you get FSTV? It is an weekly show. 1 hour where they discuss LBGT issues & the parades are brought up quite often.

6. Chrystal-J

+1,141
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
    I don't get FSTV. Yes, dial-up can be slow. If you happen to run across something in the future, just send it to me in my PM box. I'd really appreciate it.

7. Michie

+15,684
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Will do.

8. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,460
    Catholic
    Married
    Try being a pro-lifer in favor of forming arguments that focus on reason instead of emotion, the pro-life uberzealots crucify you. It's most unpleasant but, as you suggest, it's the right stand to take.

9. TheOtherHockeyMom

TheOtherHockeyMom Contributor

+232
    Catholic
    Private
    It's even possible you will hear on this very site that you aren't Catholic enough, despite your pro life arguments.

10. Michie

+15,684
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well if I can get it anyone can.

11. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,460
    Catholic
    Married
    It's what keeps me coming back, I think. I overestimate myself, I always think that I can teach them. I can't, because I'm a failure. It sucks. I get fleeting satisfaction from telling myself that these people are probably mentally ill and beyond my capacity to help, but yeah, it still stings.

12. Chrystal-J

+1,141
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
    There used to be this guy down the street from me who would park his van in front of a women's clinic. It had a huge pic of a supposed aborted baby. (Maybe it was photo-shopped, I don't know.) But when you'd walk by him and his sign he would just stare at you coldly and never spoke, even when you'd say "hello". He always had a back-pack sitting nearby and I was afraid he was gonna blow it up as I walked by. (But to get to the store, I had to go by him, no matter how creepy he was.) So, I do understand that there are extremists of every group. But, just cuz each group has them, there's no excuse for the inappropriate behavior. It should be called out (hopefully by the members in that community).

13. Michie

+15,684
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well I finally get it as far as how pro-life presents itself. But you cannot say those that don't get it yet are probably mentally ill. You do not know that. It may be your impression over the internet but nobody really knows why people take the positions that do on a personal level. We have not lived the same lives which form our opinions & give us our viewpoints. Or are we granted the same opportunities. So ease up.

14. GenetoJean

GenetoJean Veteran

+118
    Anglican
    Private
    US-Others
  15. Chrystal-J

+1,141
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
  16. GenetoJean

GenetoJean Veteran

+118
    Anglican
    Private
    US-Others
    I think it may be because of wanting to keep a unified front. I know we have discussions about it within our circles sometimes. Also a lot of those of us against such actions arent the real get up and speak out type of people and dont like inviting attack from within to go along with without. I know there are quite a few people in the transgender community I wouldnt have anything to do with if we didnt need to stick together. I am perfectly willing to accept that some people just arent going to agree with me no matter what, and I respect their right to have that opinion. I get tired of a lot of the complaining about being a victim because someone disagrees with you.

17. Chrystal-J

+1,141
    Catholic
    US-Democrat
    That does make sense. It's too bad that the outrageous members don't see the harm they're doing to their community as a whole.

18. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Semi-Retired Supporter

+2,672
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Did you just call me stupid? I think I would apply that description to your original statement.