Topless protest during Pope prayer

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Where do you guys live, where you are 'forced' to witness gay pride parades with people masturbating? Is it like a city ordinance or something that everyone must attend?

I was in NYC and I was trying to get to the train station. In order to get there on time, I had to walk through one of these events. Another time, I was trying to get to a doctor's appointment and one of these events was taking place in the area surround his office. Should I have missed my train or doctor's appointment? Why would you want anyone to see this nonsense?

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was in NYC and I was trying to get to the train station. In order to get there on time, I had to walk through one of these events. Another time, I was trying to get to a doctor's appointment and one of these events was taking place in the area surround his office. Should I have missed my train or doctor's appointment? Why would you want anyone to see this nonsense?

Well, that depends...were people actually masturbating and doing lewd acts in public, or were they just being loud and offensive to some? I would be offended if I saw a KKK rally, but respect that they have the right to dress up strangely and do their thing in public.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, that depends...were people actually masturbating and doing lewd acts in public, or were they just being loud and offensive to some? I would be offended if I saw a KKK rally, but respect that they have the right to dress up strangely and do their thing in public.

Is naked disrespectful to you?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pics or it didn't happen.
There is stuff all over the internet about it. Even gay people are complaining indecent exposure & sexual play in public during these events.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
There is stuff all over the internet about it. Even gay people are complaining indecent exposure & sexual play in public during these events.

Exactly...they sure aren't fit to show here (or anywhere in my opinion).

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly...they sure aren't fit to show here (or anywhere in my opinion).
I wouldn't want to see straight people dressing or acting that way. a lot of the stuff worn looks like fetish gear & does not cover areas normally covered.

It's just gross & disrespectful. I don't care why you are.

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Isn't being fully naked in public against the law? If they are just wearing revealing or suggestive clothing, well, so do high school cheerleaders and beach volleyball players...and I'd say that a grown man in makeup and heels is far less disturbing than a 3 year old wearing the same thing (such as in Toddlers and Tiaras or the Jon Benet photos we were all subjected to)

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Isn't being fully naked in public against the law? If they are just wearing revealing or suggestive clothing, well, so do high school cheerleaders and beach volleyball players...and I'd say that a grown man in makeup and heels is far less disturbing than a 3 year old wearing the same thing (such as in Toddlers and Tiaras or the Jon Benet photos we were all subjected to)

The ones I was exposed to were naked. Short-shorts with everything fully exposed (the men). The lesbians were topless. Why they weren't arrested, I don't know. Maybe the government didn't want to be considered "homophobic", maybe because the men had on clothes (even though they were cut to expose everything). All I know is that they seemed obsessed with showing themselves off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't want to see straight people dressing or acting that way. a lot of the stuff worn looks like fetish gear & does not cover areas normally covered.

It's just gross & disrespectful. I don't care why you are.

I agree. It's not that they're gay, it's that they're be inappropriate contentographic in public.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Isn't being fully naked in public against the law?

So is just revealing certain body parts but you don't see or hear police breaking up these parades and charging a person or groups with indecent exposure.

If they are just wearing revealing or suggestive clothing, well, so do high school cheerleaders and beach volleyball players

I don't see many volleyball players or high school kids wearing bottomless chaps, exposing their bare breasts, wearing a codpiece with a sexual toy attached or any other sex paraphernalia.

...and I'd say that a grown man in makeup and heels is far less disturbing than a 3 year old wearing the same thing (such as in Toddlers and Tiaras or the Jon Benet photos we were all subjected to)

Those too are disgusting, but one is done and shown in private, the other out in the open.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
^_^

Not a good comparison. Fetish gear usually does not cover the genitals. The behind, breasts & if they do there are easily accessible.

We aren't discussing camp & drag queens.

Remember the firefighters sexually harassed at one of these parades?

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
^_^

Not a good comparison. Fetish gear usually does not cover the genitals. The behind, breasts & if they do there are easily accessible.

We aren't discussing camp & drag queens.

Remember the firefighters sexually harassed at one of these parades?

I don't recall the issue with the firefighters...but that's kind of my point. I don't really have any context to put these in. I see ads for shows like Toddlers and Tiaras all over the TV, and have seen people scantily dressed (well, not too much up here this time of year), protesters with offensive signs, and topless or inappropriately dressed people celebrating Marti Gras (or the last day of ski season), but I've never seen a gay parade. I'm surprised that they are common occurrences in some parts of the country, and that people are allowed to break laws without consequence at them.

I'm also aware of what fetish gear is, but can't say I've ever seen anyone wearing it out in public (well, that's not entirely true, if you count the attire of Glenn Hughes of The Village People, or my second celebrity crush Rob Halford...and most heavy metal singers of the 80's).

It boils down to this for me, are gay parades with masturbating, fetish gear and naughty bits regularly exposed such an unavoidable and traumatizing part of the American experience that we need to prioritize ending them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
It boils down to this for me, are gay parades with masturbating, fetish gear and naughty bits regularly exposed such an unavoidable and traumatizing part of the American experience that we need to prioritize ending them?

They do that?

Still, with the latter two, it's breaking the law, and there have been people who have voiced their displeasure that their cities allow it to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
N00986813580816275_1148863t.jpg

A topless protest targeted the Vatican's opposition to gay marriage

Nobody cares.

Are you sure thats a woman holding her hands up? lol

It is FEMEN though. here is her facebook. Kinda a raunchy woman if you ask me.

https://www.facebook.com/inna.shevchenko.148

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdMBpmlk_nA

lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't recall the issue with the firefighters...but that's kind of my point. I don't really have any context to put these in. I see ads for shows like Toddlers and Tiaras all over the TV, and have seen people scantily dressed (well, not too much up here this time of year), protesters with offensive signs, and topless or inappropriately dressed people celebrating Marti Gras (or the last day of ski season), but I've never seen a gay parade. I'm surprised that they are common occurrences in some parts of the country, and that people are allowed to break laws without consequence at them.
There have been tons of complaints. I'm surprised you were not aware of what some do at these parades. even the gay community has complained. Why do they get away with it? Complaints of homophobia, etc., I suppose.

I'm also aware of what fetish gear is, but can't say I've ever seen anyone wearing it out in public (well, that's not entirely true, if you count the attire of Glenn Hughes of The Village People, or my second celebrity crush Rob Halford...and most heavy metal singers of the 80's).

Look...who is asking to end them? Basically the gay pride parade has become a side show. If they want to be taken seriously why do they insist as taking it as an opportunity to use it for inappropriate behavior?

Have the parade but do not use it as an opportunity to assault the public with whatever they prefer to do behind closed doors. Simple as that.

Nobody is complaining about lip syncing drag queens, camp, & the parade itself. They are complaining about indecent behavior in public.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's March for Life Naked!!!

If you've been reading the news recently you probably saw that four women protested the Pope in St. Peter's Square. USA Today, Reuters, and The Washington Post were just some of the hundreds of media outlets that ran stories on these four women who protested the Church's positions on gay marriage. That's right, four women received round the world coverage. Why? They took off their tops and got world wide coverage for their non-coverage.

Rumor has it that the Kardashians fired their p.r. department last night because they hadn't thought of that first.

This kind of stunt protest is sad but somehow effective kinda' like Gary Coleman saying "Whatchoo talkin' bout Willis" for five bucks a pop at conventions when he was thirty. No matter how sad it was, people just had to see it. (What? Too soon?)

But let's face it, liberals have unlocked the key to great media coverage. Nudity. In December, seven nude protesters stormed House Speaker John Boehner's office protesting cuts that actually hadn't been cut. This past weekend, ten San Franciscans held a "No Pants Subway Ride Day" to protest laws against nudity. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), announced plans to launch a inappropriate contentography website with a mix of inappropriate contentography and graphic footage of animal killing. (What is it with liberals' intermingling of sex and death? I think maybe that as soon as sex stopped being about life, it necessarily became about death.)

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/matthew-archbold/lets-march-for-life-naked/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2HwSFQOox

Upvote 0