Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Four women have gone topless in St Peter's Square to protest against the Vatican's opposition to gay marriage.

Police quickly took the women away, and the pope appeared not to have been disturbed as he delivered his traditional prayer from his studio window overlooking the piazza.

On their bare backs, the women had painted slogans "In Gay We Trust," and "Shut Up."

One of them, Inna Shevchenko, said: "Today we are here to protest against homophobia."

The small demonstration coincided with a march in Paris that is expected to draw hundreds of thousands of people to protest the French president's plan to legalise gay marriage and let gay couples adopt children.

Continued- Topless protest during Pope prayer - World News, Breaking News - Independent.ie

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shevchenko.

Hmm, Ukrainian last name. Must be FEMEN.
N00986813580816275_1148863t.jpg

A topless protest targeted the Vatican's opposition to gay marriage

Nobody cares.

Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
N00986813580816275_1148863t.jpg

A topless protest targeted the Vatican's opposition to gay marriage

Nobody cares.

FEMEN are notorious for protesting things topless. This is the same group that chainsawed a giant wooden crucifix that was placed in memory of those who died from famine under Stalin.

Plus, the photo you provide has a Ukrainian flag.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FEMEN are notorious for protesting things topless. This is the same group that chainsawed a giant wooden crucifix that was placed in memory of those who died from famine under Stalin.

Why topless?

Upvote 0

cathoaholicliz

I have a W
Jan 2, 2013
Mississippi
✟17,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Four women have gone topless in St Peter's Square to protest against the Vatican's opposition to gay marriage.

Police quickly took the women away, and the pope appeared not to have been disturbed as he delivered his traditional prayer from his studio window overlooking the piazza.

On their bare backs, the women had painted slogans "In Gay We Trust," and "Shut Up."

One of them, Inna Shevchenko, said: "Today we are here to protest against homophobia."

The small demonstration coincided with a march in Paris that is expected to draw hundreds of thousands of people to protest the French president's plan to legalise gay marriage and let gay couples adopt children.

Continued- Topless protest during Pope prayer - World News, Breaking News - Independent.ie

Only 4 showed up. Pathetic.

Plus just by looking at the backs of them the one didnt' even look female.
Probably not too attractive looking at the front either. Usually these protests are people who are as ugly on the outside as they are inside.

Why topless?
Because that's the only way anyone will look at them broads. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only 4 showed up. Pathetic.

Plus just by looking at the backs of them the one didnt' even look female.
Probably not too attractive looking at the front either. Usually these protests are people who are as ugly on the outside as they are inside.

Because that's the only way anyone will look at them broads. :sorry:
^_^ Even then it seems to not be causing much of a stir.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When I visited NYC with my husband, it happened to be during gay pride week. People were walking around basically naked with no concern for children or anyone else who didn't want to see that. My impression from being around a few of those rallies is that the gay community seemed obsessed with sex. If this isn't the case, then the gay community needs to step up and stand against this kind of nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cathoaholicliz

I have a W
Jan 2, 2013
Mississippi
✟17,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When I visited NYC with my husband, it happened to be during gay pride week. People were walking around basically naked with no concern for children or anyone else who didn't want to see that. My impression from being around a few of those rallies is that the gay community seemed obsessed with sex. If this isn't the case, then the gay community needs to step up and stand against this kind of nonsense.

Gay rights protests and marches are just disgusting. They are completely perverse and if I wanted to see half the stuff they do in parades and on the street I'd flip on a inappropriate contento.

God forgive them....
They tell us what goes on in their bedroom is their business
Then they force everyone to see their most intimate parts.
And some have masturbated right in the middle of the parade or while marching.

If its not my business I should not have to see it nor should innocent children!

Its similar to the pro-choice argument
"My body my choice my business"
"But you can pay for it...against your will"

Leftists start to make less and less sense as the days go by.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Gay rights protests and marches are just disgusting. They are completely perverse and if I wanted to see half the stuff they do in parades and on the street I'd flip on a inappropriate contento.

God forgive them....
They tell us what goes on in their bedroom is their business
Then they force everyone to see their most intimate parts.
And some have masturbated right in the middle of the parade or while marching.

If its not my business I should not have to see it nor should innocent children!

Its similar to the pro-choice argument
"My body my choice my business"
"But you can pay for it...against your will"

Leftists start to make less and less sense as the days go by.

Yeah...from my experiences, it's not enough that they want to be accepted as an active gay--they want to force everyone else to experience their sexual lifestyle (by making us see them naked and in sexual situations in public).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟804,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It is the same for most leftists. They do want to force us into their lifestyle. Not live peacefully in it. Whether it be abortion, birth control, homosexuality, or some other perverse and deviated lifestyle.

What can we do? Pray

True, that's all anyone can do.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What's sad is when you show up somewhere topless and everyone ignores you.

Some impact they had.

We're talking about them, and they are getting media coverage. What have you ever done that people in another hemisphere took note of?

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
MikeK, as the body of Christ, liz, Michie, I and every other brother and sister have made a pretty huge impact on the world, and the entire world notices us. Those people showed up topless to protest against US, because they took note of US.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well then I'm a very skilled warrior, because I'm an American and Americans are pretty skilled at making war. I'm a great football player, because they high school I went to had some seriously awesome football players who went places. I've never tried to boot a 60 yard field goal, but I probably could, given my providence. Wisconsin makes the nations's finest cheeses. I've never made cheese, but obviously I'm a successful cheese maker.

Upvote 0