Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it depends my mother often times told her children "just the human body." I'm on vacation and we did stumble on a beach that clothes were optional but we did leave its uncomfortable for me. I didn't get turned on it's Judy breasts and booty to me but it was rather gross to be honest. However I don't think it's a sinful act to go and enjoy your naked body on one of God's beautiful landscaping accomplishments.

I think about the African tribes that are naked and i never see the men always "horny"(for lack of a better word). I did see someone say they struggled with inappropriate contentography I have never done so. I don't understand the lure of inappropriate content as someone who was sexually active at a young age inappropriate content was nothing to me.

I need to be touched kissed and romanced to become sexually aroused a nude beach to me is just that. I do see where other would struggle with it.

I think this is personal based on others experinces ect.

But nude beaches from what I saw are old couples with stretch marks and weight problems not very attractive at least to me.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Puptart

Live, Laugh, Love.. and adopt a dog :)
May 14, 2012
Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada
✟16,539.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Threads pulled from BEYOND THE GRAVE, muahahahaha..hahaha..haha! [/evil laugh]

Ok but seriously:

Has anyone gone to a topless or nude beach with their spouse?

Has it caused any trouble in your marriage?

I've been to one, but I haven't gone with my husband, no. All I can say is.. have you ever been to one? Because I have and it's not full of beach bunnies and guys with rock-hard-abs :p It's full of regular Joes and it isn't what you might think of when you first hear the term "nude" beach ;) It's not exactly a visit to the Playboy mansion, I'll put it that way.

People don't go to nude beaches to gawk at each other. They go to be free of clothing, and that appeals to a wide variety of people. If you go to a nude beach, there won't be a bunch of people staring at you -- there will be a bunch of people minding their own darn business going about their lives, just with no clothes on.

I obviously can't speak for every nude beach or every person on a nude beach. Fact: You're going to get creeps/pervs on ANY beach, nude or not. My point is that the purpose of a nude beach has very little to do with nudity and everything to do with freedom. if you aren't going to experience that freedom, then don't go. It's not a freak/side show for you to "visit", so anyone going to a nude beach should be prepared to participate.

Upvote 0

Sylvia2

Oct 1, 2011
✟132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, call me unbiblical if you want, but I will always reject that. And I find there are more scriptures that advocate modesty and nakedness only being between a husband and wife than there are that support open nakedness.

At the pool the showers have no doors, and changing is in an open area with no stalls. Yet most of us ladies prefer to shower shower nude. Some engage in converstion while drying themselves, with no qualms about facing each other while completely naked. This would be sinful according to you!

Upvote 0

OneManSows

Oct 12, 2004
✟7,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Has anyone gone to a topless or nude beach with their spouse?

Has it caused any trouble in your marriage?
What is your purpose in going to a nude beach? Is it to glorify God?* If not, then it is sin. But that isn't the only concern, for what if you cause other believers, ones who are not as strong in the faith, to sin, because they become aware of your trip(s) to the nude beach? What then?

I Cor. 8:9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge (going to the nude beach, or hears about your regular trips to the nude beaches), will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to (go to the nude beach)? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if (going to the nude beach) makes my brother stumble, I will never again (go to the nude beach), lest I make my brother stumble.

If you can go with the pure purpose of glorifying God, and not cause your brothers and sisters to stumble, if your tales of success are no temptation to the weak, by all means, enjoy yourself. Just make sure you're not lying to yourself about the true answers to those questions. Because if you do lie about the true answers, and wound the weak, God says you sin against Christ.

*I Cor 10 "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God,"

Upvote 0

tisasituation

Aug 10, 2012
✟7,663.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nude beaches are really inspiring and liberating. I say GO FOR IT! And - it shouldn't cause a rift in your marriage. Honestly - the reality of a nude beach is far from what you might think it's like in your fantasy version. It's real people, being real, being natural ... flaws and all.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
go read genesis again please, and then the bible.

nude should only be in the bedroom between husband and wife.

From the Genesis story I read that the only two people there covered up. How do you arrive at your conclusion about husband and wife. The story suggests a 'turn off the lights please' standard. :o

Not that the story is about clothing per se anyway.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OneManSows

Oct 12, 2004
✟7,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
but the end thereof are the ways of death. This discussion sounds much like what is spoken of regarding the nation of Israel in the time of the judges. Every man did what was right in his own eyes.

I'm not seeing much thus says the Lord in the answers, but rather, very much "I think". "I think" isn't a proper basis for making moral decisions, unless "I think is based upon specific commands or principles outlined in scripture. So let's see how this argument really plays out in practice.

Remember, whatever you do, do all to the glory of God (I Cor 10:31b). If it is not done for the glory of God, it is sin. So you go to a nude beach. Who is there nude? Other christians? Is that whom you intend to communicate with at a nude beach? And for what purpose? To fellowship and encourage each other in the faith? We know you're not going there to be yoked to an unbeliever (II Cor 6:14) Or are you going there to admire the beauty of God's creation, including the nude bodies there?

How does the following passage compare with your intentions?

Ps 5:1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom;
Lend your ear to my understanding,
2 That you may preserve discretion,
And your lips may keep knowledge.
3 For the lips of an immoral woman drip honey,
And her mouth is smoother than oil;
4 But in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
Sharp as a two-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death,
Her steps lay hold of hell.
6 Lest you ponder her path of life—
Her ways are unstable;
You do not know them.
7 Therefore hear me now, my children,
And do not depart from the words of my mouth.
8 Remove your way far from her,
And do not go near the door of her house,
9 Lest you give your honor to others,
And your years to the cruel one;
10 Lest aliens be filled with your wealth,
And your labors go to the house of a foreigner;
11 And you mourn at last,
When your flesh and your body are consumed,
12 And say:
“How I have hated instruction,
And my heart despised correction!
13 I have not obeyed the voice of my teachers,
Nor inclined my ear to those who instructed me!
14 I was on the verge of total ruin,
In the midst of the assembly and congregation.”

15 Drink water from your own cistern,
And running water from your own well.
16 Should your fountains be dispersed abroad,
Streams of water in the streets?
17 Let them be only your own,
And not for strangers with you.
18 Let your fountain be blessed,
And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.
20 For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman,
And be embraced in the arms of a seductress?

21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord,
And He ponders all his paths.
22 His own iniquities entrap the wicked man,
And he is caught in the cords of his sin.
23 He shall die for lack of instruction,
And in the greatness of his folly he shall go astray.

If my fountain, my wife, is to be exclusive to me, and I to her, does not my being enraptured by an immoral woman drive a wedge into that relationship? How then am I drinking from my own fountain, and being satified with my own wife's breasts, if I am gazing at another woman's breasts? Has not the breast of another woman become an idol, that I cannot go without seeing them?

Or are you going to the nude beach to evangelize the lost (II Tim 4:5)? Tell me honestly, do you think the lost will be impressed with your holy lifestyle when you are at the nude beach? They will not be impressed by it, but rather, like Lot, you will be tolerated while it is convenient for them, and then scorned when you become and impediment to their continuing sin.

And what does David have to say on this matter? You see what happened when he laid his eyes on the naked woman. It lead to adultery and murder. No, these answers that say that it is okay to go to the beach are little more than a cover for lusting after beauty, be the individual naked or clothed.

This is not an effort to bring glory to God, it is the desire to fill one's eyes with beauty that is reserved to another. Beauty that is intended to be exclusive to the marriage. So far as Adam and Eve, they had no idea they were naked pre-sin. Once they knew, they knew the eye of God was upon them, and so they covered themselves.

And then there is this paultry attempt to paint a trip to see a physician as a public display is outrageous. This isn't out in the open. It's done behind closed doors. Even Jesus went behind closed doors at times to perform His healing work. It shut out the prying eyes of outsiders, just like doctors do today. That dog won't hunt.

"Let them be only your own,
And not for strangers with you."

Let your fountains, the breasts of your wife, be for your satisfaction alone, not others with you.

Reactions: A Taffer
Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
First establish a biblical position, not just present your point of view

Then, take into account the testimony of those who have gone and check whether its all lust and debauchery. The facts might surprise you if you are genuinely open to actual evidence.

Otherwise you have given us your opinion. That's fine as long as we all recognise that is all it is.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

OneManSows

Oct 12, 2004
✟7,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I was in a swimming pool a couple weeks back where everyone was naked ... I didn't see any lust or sinful actions. People were swimming and talk just like people do with clothes on.

Matt 5
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Most sin isn't seen, it occurs in the heart. Just because you didn't observe it, doesn't mean it didn't occur. Or are you trying to suggest that you knew every last thought of every person there? Experience does not determine doctrine. The devil is able to perform miracles, that doesn't mean the miracles are good. You ignore the very real possibility that others were at that party lusting, with you having no clue. Maybe there were other christians there being consumed by lust, having followed your example. Have you considered this possibility? And do you know what your responsibility is in this situation?

And how does your experience in any way refute one single sentence of what I wrote previously? How do you justify the lack of exclusiveness called for in Proberbs 5?

Upvote 0

OneManSows

Oct 12, 2004
✟7,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
First establish a biblical position, not just present your point of view

Then, take into account the testimony of those who have gone and check whether its all lust and debauchery. The facts might surprise you if you are genuinely open to actual evidence.

Otherwise you have given us your opinion. That's fine as long as we all recognise that is all it is.

John
NZ

Proverbs 5 isn't just my opinion. It's God's word. You also have done nothing to show how the call for exclusiveness doesn't apply. You've ignored the scriptures and biblical principals that address the issues of the heart, especially with regard to unholy associations and causing another believer to stumble. You've not proven me wrong on anything. You've only claimed parts of what I said are wrong, without saying what parts, and why. When you can address the items individually, and offer a specific scripture based counter-argument, then I will take up your objections, but only the serious ones. For now, you've just complained that you don't like what I said. With respect, that proves nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Observing a naked person does not constitute lust. Wanting sex with that person would.

Intercourse is a special intimacy. But mere nakedness does not intrude into that realm. In fact healthy social nudity is less sexual that going to church or being in a supermarket can be in some areas.

And proverbs 5 is all about avoiding the seducer. No argument with that.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

FreeInChrist88

Jan 11, 2009
✟37,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most sin isn't seen, it occurs in the heart. Just because you didn't observe it, doesn't mean it didn't occur. Or are you trying to suggest that you knew every last thought of every person there?

Aren't you doing the same thing yourself? In order to condemn nudity at a beach, you quote various scriptures that say nothing about social nudity at all. Yet to connect the two, you have to assume that everyone will lust in their heart or be tempted to evil when they see another person nude.

Do you know what's in every person's heart and mind? Can you honestly claim that everyone will lust or be drawn to evil by seeing simple nudity?

Your argument just doesn't hold up. You are forcing scripture to fit your own viewpoint.

Upvote 0
T

Thomastown

Observing a naked person does not constitute lust. Wanting sex with that person would.

John NZ

That;s how I understans it too.

Between observing and wanting sex are many scenarios, which may be a temptation to lust, but are not always inherently sinful. Examples are:

- Admiring
- Wanting the opportunity to observe others naked in a social environment
- Spontaneous arousal

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for your concern OnneManSows,

This is how I see what the Bible is saying with regards to your comments.
I've actually done a lot of research on the verses you posted.

Both the verses are dealing with adultery. The context of Jesus' sermon in this part of Mat.5 is the 10 commandments. On the adultery part Jesus combines two of the commandments: do not commit adultery and do not covet. The Greek work is the same word Paul uses when he quotes the commandment to no covet. many church people today like to emphases the looking and the English word lust to get us feeling guilty about even the natural desire for sex that we have from puberty. But Jesus is saying don't look at a woman with the desire to take another man's wife from him because you will probably commit adultery if you do.

Being naked in a swimming pool doesn't do that any more than being in a swimming pool is clothes on would.

Proverbs 5-7 is also about adultery. This woman's husband has left on a journey and the wife is bored and without money because her husband too the purse with him, so she dresses up and got out looking for a man to seduce for entertainment and money. I personally have not run into that situation today. Not that it might not happen!

The other verse you imply is the weak brother/ strong brother situation. Everyone knew that was going to be at this pool that people would be naked. So if a Christian knew they would be tempted they shouldn't have some to that party. Also I don't think Paul is telling the strong Christian to read other peoples minds and abstain. Its the responsibility of the weak Christian to inform the strong that he is about to sin and turn away from Christ of the strong doesn't stop. Paul isn't talking about a minor offense, like I don't think what they are doing is right. he is taking about weak Christian who is going to sin as a result of seeing what the strong brother is doing, which isn't a sin for the strong brother because all things are pure and he can do it in faith.

So the group I'm with understands those boundaries very well. They asked anyone who would be offended to not come to this adult activity, which was a fund raiser, almost a thousand dollars. To my knowledge no one sinned. If you know someone who did, message me and I'll personally talk with them and encourage them with a gentle spirit.

Matt 5
27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Most sin isn't seen, it occurs in the heart. Just because you didn't observe it, doesn't mean it didn't occur. Or are you trying to suggest that you knew every last thought of every person there? Experience does not determine doctrine. The devil is able to perform miracles, that doesn't mean the miracles are good. You ignore the very real possibility that others were at that party lusting, with you having no clue. Maybe there were other christians there being consumed by lust, having followed your example. Have you considered this possibility? And do you know what your responsibility is in this situation?

And how does your experience in any way refute one single sentence of what I wrote previously? How do you justify the lack of exclusiveness called for in Proberbs 5?

Upvote 0

OneManSows

Oct 12, 2004
✟7,937.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
When God talks about nakedness, He says we are to be covered, and that being stripped naked is shameful in His eyes. He applies it both physically and spiritually.

Leviticus 18:6 ‘None of you shall approach anyone who is near of kin to him, to uncover his nakedness: I am the Lord. 7 The nakedness of your father or the nakedness of your mother you shall not uncover. She is your mother; you shall not uncover her nakedness. 8 The nakedness of your father’s wife you shall not uncover; it is your father’s nakedness. 9 The nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father, or the daughter of your mother, whether born at home or elsewhere, their nakedness you shall not uncover. 10 The nakedness of your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter, their nakedness you shall not uncover; for theirs is your own nakedness. 11 The nakedness of your father’s wife’s daughter, begotten by your father—she is your sister—you shall not uncover her nakedness. 12 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s sister; she is near of kin to your father. 13 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother’s sister, for she is near of kin to your mother. 14 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s brother. You shall not approach his wife; she is your aunt. 15 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law—she is your son’s wife—you shall not uncover her nakedness. 16 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother’s wife; it is your brother’s nakedness. 17 You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, nor shall you take her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter, to uncover her nakedness. They are near of kin to her. It is wickedness. 18 Nor shall you take a woman as a rival to her sister, to uncover her nakedness while the other is alive.

Leviticus 20:11 The man who lies with his father’s wife has uncovered his father’s nakedness; both of them shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. 12 If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall surely be put to death. They have committed perversion. Their blood shall be upon them. ... 17 ‘If a man takes his sister, his father’s daughter or his mother’s daughter, and sees her nakedness and she sees his nakedness, it is a wicked thing. And they shall be cut off in the sight of their people. He has uncovered his sister’s nakedness. He shall bear his guilt. ... 19 ‘You shall not uncover the nakedness of your mother’s sister nor of your father’s sister, for that would uncover his near of kin. They shall bear their guilt. 20 If a man lies with his uncle’s wife, he has uncovered his uncle’s nakedness. They shall bear their sin; they shall die childless. 21 If a man takes his brother’s wife, it is an unclean thing. He has uncovered his brother’s nakedness.

Isaiah 3:16 Moreover the Lord says:
“Because the daughters of Zion are haughty,
And walk with outstretched necks
And wanton eyes,
Walking and mincing as they go,
Making a jingling with their feet,
17 Therefore the Lord will strike with a scab
The crown of the head of the daughters of Zion,
And the Lord will uncover their secret parts.”
18 In that day the Lord will take away the finery:
The jingling anklets, the scarves, and the crescents;
19 The pendants, the bracelets, and the veils;
20 The headdresses, the leg ornaments, and the headbands;
The perfume boxes, the charms,
21 and the rings;
The nose jewels,
22 the festal apparel, and the mantles;
The outer garments, the purses,
23 and the mirrors;
The fine linen, the turbans, and the robes.
24 And so it shall be:
Instead of a sweet smell there will be a stench;
Instead of a sash, a rope;
Instead of well-set hair, baldness;
Instead of a rich robe, a girding of sackcloth;
And branding instead of beauty.
25 Your men shall fall by the sword,
And your mighty in the war.
26 Her gates shall lament and mourn,
And she being desolate shall sit on the ground.

Isaiah 47:1 “Come down and sit in the dust,
O virgin daughter of Babylon;
Sit on the ground without a throne,
O daughter of the Chaldeans!
For you shall no more be called
Tender and delicate.
2 Take the millstones and grind meal.
Remove your veil,
Take off the skirt,
Uncover the thigh,
Pass through the rivers.
3 Your nakedness shall be uncovered,
Yes, your shame will be seen;
I will take vengeance,
And I will not arbitrate with a man.” (That's code for: This isn't open for debate.)

(In reference to idols)
Isaiah 57:7 “On a lofty and high mountain
You have set your bed;
Even there you went up
To offer sacrifice.
8 Also behind the doors and their posts
You have set up your remembrance;
For you have uncovered yourself to those other than Me,
And have gone up to them;
You have enlarged your bed
And made a covenant with them;
You have loved their bed,
Where you saw their nudity.
9 You went to the king with ointment,
And increased your perfumes;
You sent your messengers far off,
And even descended to Sheol.
10 You are wearied in the length of your way;
Yet you did not say, ‘There is no hope.’
You have found the life of your hand;
Therefore you were not grieved.
11 “And of whom have you been afraid, or feared,
That you have lied
And not remembered Me,
Nor taken it to your heart?
Is it not because I have held My peace from of old
That you do not fear Me?

And are you unfamiliar with Ezekiel 16 and 23? God clothed naked Israel and Judah, but they went and played the harlot, forgetting their former shame which was manifest by there nakedness?

Revelation 3:14 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,
‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten.

Revelation 16:15 “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

So, at a minimum, you must agree that if a son or daughter is there, it is not proper, as the Lord says they should not look on the nakedness of their relations (see Noah when he got drunk). So, were people there with more than one generation in any family? If so, that is clearly condemned by God.

And still, nobody has said word one about their primary mission in attending such places being to glorify God. Why?

You can play word games all day long, but the fact of the matter is that it is sin. No honest reading of the whole scripture provides any other conclusion. God uses physical nakedness as a picture, as a type, of spiritual nakedness. He says it is shameful. Compounding your actions to be involved with such activities, you disregard the offense you cause other believers here who obviously have a problem with it. Yet, you express no concern about your responsibility to others, when they are tempted to sin, when you take your "liberty". If you want to put a bullseye on someone, I have a problem with it. The same problem Peter had with it after Jesus rose from the dead. He was embarrassed by his nakedness before the Lord, and think you that you are any less naked before Almighty God when you are naked in public, in a presumably less acceptable way than Peter was? So far as we can tell in scripture, Peter wasn't in mixed company. Yet, he had the good sense to be ashamed. No, no amount of words will justify your claims that it is okay. You may convince some that it is okay, but that isn't how you judge truth. And you will bear the punishment for causing brothers and sisters to stumble, which make no mistake, you are causing people to stumble, even though you seem unwilling to ackknowlege that fact. And you will have no answer when God finally calls you to account causing people to stumble. Have you the Spirit of God? Then be discerning, and do not pursue those sensual things which are spoken of in Jude. And keep in mind the warning of Paul in Romans 1, where God gave people over to a reprobate heart because they worshipped that which was created, which in this case is the naked body, instead of worshipping God.

Upvote 0