Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some of us need to travel more.

My wife and I go on vacations, particularly in Europe, there are many beaches that are not specically nude beaches per se, but some people there nude or topless. There are no signs that says "nude only". While we certainly don't seek out nude beaches, seeing the few topless or nude people really isn't a big deal. If it were, leave.

Usually we'll hit the beach that's closest to our hotel or resort, and if some decide to go sans clothes, we're mature enough about it.

Upvote 0

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
andry said:
Some of us need to travel more.

My wife and I go on vacations, particularly in Europe, there are many beaches that are not specically nude beaches per se, but some people there nude or topless. There are no signs that says "nude only". While we certainly don't seek out nude beaches, seeing the few topless or nude people really isn't a big deal. If it were, leave.

Usually we'll hit the beach that's closest to our hotel or resort, and if some decide to go sans clothes, we're mature enough about it.

I agree with andry...We went to the West Indies on our honeymoon and the beach at our resort was pretty much topless...or not, whatever you preferred. I mean, we're all adults here, it's not like the women are doing it for "display" or whatever (I guess, I'm thinking like in a strip club..), it's just part of their way of life.

Now, that's not to say I would seek out topless or nude beaches NOR would I participate!! lol But we weren't affected by it at all, like andry said it wasn't that big a deal to us.

Upvote 0

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
EmSchmem said:
I am certainly not saying that NO ONE should go to them but with both my husband and I having a inappropriate content/erotica addiction we don't need a beach full of nekkid boobies (or any other parts) to tempt us.

Totally....I apologize for my generalization and you brought up a terriffic point...I didn't mean to ignore circumstances like that in which people are struggling with addictions!

Sorry...:sorry:

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
andiesmama said:
I agree with andry...We went to the West Indies on our honeymoon and the beach at our resort was pretty much topless...or not, whatever you preferred. I mean, we're all adults here, it's not like the women are doing it for "display" or whatever (I guess, I'm thinking like in a strip club..), it's just part of their way of life.

Now, that's not to say I would seek out topless or nude beaches NOR would I participate!! lol But we weren't affected by it at all, like andry said it wasn't that big a deal to us.

There's a clothing optional beach at a Jamaican resort we like to go to. We go to that beach at night, when no one else is there ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I do have to add though that seeing a naked womam or partially naked woman affects a guy different than a girl. And every guy will say they are mature enough to handle it, but no guy can clear the memory out of their minds, were it actually burns an image in there.

Upvote 0

heartnsoul

Don't settle for less than God's best!
Nov 3, 2004
in the palm of God's hand
✟11,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No and no. My husband and I are not the "beach" type of people. We like seeing and hearing the water, but we do not like sunbathing. Besides, my husband would say no one would be thrilled to see his naked big butt on the beach anyway! :D ^_^ LOL!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OP - was this a hypothetical question, or is there some relevance to the marriage forums?

We have a couple of nude beaches here in Florida. I've walked on to one to do some fishing, and we just about died laughing walking by people who have no concept of what it means to remain physically fit! Keep in mind most American nudists are not attractive people. I could not see myself getting turned on looking at any of the women. A couple looked suspiciously like my mother. Blech!

Now South America is a different story. Thankfully, most of the beachgoers believe in modesty.

The human body is a beautiful creation - especially women. But I respect a woman a lot more who shows at least a little modesty. Sunning yourself naked or topless... I'd rather be the only guy looking at my wife. Not everyone is mature about it. Some people stare. The nude scene is definitely not for us.

Upvote 0

Addicted2~Jesus

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Texas
✟13,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Svt4Him said:
I do have to add though that seeing a naked womam or partially naked woman affects a guy different than a girl. And every guy will say they are mature enough to handle it, but no guy can clear the memory out of their minds, were it actually burns an image in there.

You've hit th nail on the head wit this one. Guys burn that image in their brains an ever once in a while ya can be doin th dishes an sumthin ya seen at some point in your life will pop in ya head.

There's not any specific nude beaches round here, but I've got a spot I take my wife to, four wheel drive only out there an we'll bask in the beach oursef's, no one else.

Upvote 0

Emma!

Veteran
Nov 3, 2003
✟9,482.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I cant help but be concerned... why would people go to a nudist beach when there are plenty around that are not nudist (is the beach the attraction or are the nude people)?
I would be concerned as to what the motives are for going there in the first place...

It seems like totally unnecessary temptation ... (especially for the males/husbands) i think us wifes need to be supportive/protective of our husbands walks, and be helping them to flee temptation... not encouraging them into it (not saying anyone is). Just like they protect us against things in our walks (including this type of thing), we need to be getting along side them and helping them too, after all its a team... wives are talked about in the Bible as the 'helpers' and our husbands as the 'leaders'.

The Bible says to FLEE temptation not to go waltzing in amongst it. And as has already been said its not always just a temptation for the men it is also women, this stuff can have huge affects on marriages.

I think that its just so sacred to know that my husbands body is the only one that i look at and enjoy, and that my body is the only one that my husband looks at and enjoys. Isnt that one of the special things of marriage (being together (naked) and not being ashamed...) its a husband and wife thing!

Sorry to come on so strong (im not trying to offend, judge or tell what to believe) but i just feel so strong about this type thing...

oh, and no my husband and i would not go to a nudist beach and if we went to a regular beach and there were nudist there we would go somewhere else! lol (just incase you didnt get how i feel about this!).

Upvote 0