N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or one could simply follow my rule of thumb: If it tastes good, it's not good for you. If it tastes bad or has no taste, it's safe to eat. :oldthumbsup:
Do you think that healthy and fresh food does not taste good?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Or one could use my rule of thumb. Nothing that goes into my mouth makes me unclean and is, therefore, perfectly healthy for me to eat. I've read the book! I'm going to die anyway. (unless of course my Lord returns first)

God bless,
Ted

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

Or one could use my rule of thumb. Nothing that goes into my mouth makes me unclean and is, therefore, perfectly healthy for me to eat. I've read the book! I'm going to die anyway. (unless of course my Lord returns first)

God bless,
Ted
Even though bad diet is not sinful or spiritually unclean, it can take half of your life away from your lifespan or to give you diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer, high blood preassure and plenty of other problems, including bad looks, being overweight etc.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that healthy and fresh food does not taste good?

It was an (apparently unsuccessful) attempt at humor. Although there is a grain of truth since many foods we enjoy eating are not good for us. Yes, there are healthy foods that taste good. Except for kale and arugula and, of course, tofu, which is like eating semi-solid air.

• Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was an (apparently unsuccessful) attempt at humor. Although there is a grain of truth since many foods we enjoy eating are not good for us. Yes, there are healthy foods that taste good. Except for kale and arugula and, of course, tofu, which is like eating semi-solid air.

Lacinato kale is tastier than the curly one. Some versions of arugula have more bite than others. As for tofu, homemade is best or get it at a farmers market.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Lacinato kale is tastier than the curly one. Some versions of arugula have more bite than others. As for tofu, homemade is best or get it at a farmers market.

Or, avoid it all entirely.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm 70, in good health, and I eat pretty much what I like. Worry kills way more people than pizza. I would hate to be the healthiest depressed person around. Lord Jesus told us not to worry about what we eat and Paul said let no one judge you. Everyone is a little different. Eat sensibly and exercise and you will be fine.

As an aside, I was in hospital, seriously ill and I did not eat for 5 days. I went down to my supposed ideal weight. A dietician told me that I was seriously underweight and I was at risk of losing muscle mass. Go figure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Or one could simply follow my rule of thumb: If it tastes good, it's not good for you. If it tastes bad or has no taste, it's safe to eat. :oldthumbsup:
One of the main reasons I do not believe in evolution. Unless, of course, people are evolving back into whales. Some sure look like it.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 70, in good health, and I eat pretty much what I like. Worry kills way more people than pizza. I would hate to be the healthiest depressed person around. Lord Jesus told us not to worry about what we eat and Paul said let no one judge you. Everyone is a little different. Eat sensibly and exercise and you will be fine.

As an aside, I was in hospital, seriously ill and I did not eat for 5 days. I went down to my supposed ideal weight. A dietician told me that I was seriously underweight and I was at risk of losing muscle mass. Go figure.
The standard processed food diet and sugar drinks are visibly bad, for example the epidemics of diabetes and of morbid obesity in general population is skyrocketing. Heart attack is one of the main causes of death in males, there are so many kinds of cancer that one even cannot name them all etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The standard processed food diet and sugar drinks are visibly bad, for example the epidemics of diabetes and of morbid obesity in general population is skyrocketing. Heart attack is one of the main causes of death in males, there are so many kinds of cancer that one even cannot name them all etc.
Ever since the "low fat" fad, now shown to be a crock, obesity has been increasing. Many things that were "bad" not so long ago are now good. Or at worst, neutral. Eggs and butter, God's natural provision, are examples. A friend of mine was told to quit milk and eggs. It did him no good. His teeth were terrible, he had heart problems and he lost no weight at all.

People of my generation or just before are living longer than ever. Of course, better medicine is partly responsible. But the age old, "eat less, exercise more" is just as valid today as ever. A bit of common sense goes a long way. The problem is that it is not at all common. Watching TV and take away every for meal are not healthy options. Neither is obsessing over the latest super food, filling up with vitamins, vegetarian or vegan dieting or gluten free for the sake of it.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,027.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd much rather pizza than an apple. Apple=boring, pizza = contented tummy.
These two are not too comparable. Fruit is not meant to be a main food, it does not have nutrition. Its mainly water and sugar.

You can compare some fast food chicken nuggets and a huge bottle of cola with a home-made farm chicken on a bio butter and clean water or milk, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0