Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Taken or left…

Matthew 24:40-41 (KJV)
Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. [41] Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

There are some who would have us to believe that this means that the ones taken are taken to a judgment or hell or away. And the use the term in Matthew 24:39 (KJV)
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Took…airo, ah'ee-ro; a primary verb; to lift; by implication to take up or away; figurative to raise (the voice), keep in suspense (the mind); specially to sail away (i.e. weigh anchor); by Hebrew [compare Hebrew 5375 (nasa')] to expiate sin :- away with, bear (up), carry, lift up, loose, make to doubt, put away, remove, take (away, up).
nasa', naw-saw'; or nacah, naw-saw'; (Psa. 4:6 [7]), a primitive root; to lift, in a great variety of applications, literal and figurative, absolutely and relatively (as follows) :- accept, advance, arise, (able to, [armour], suffer to) bear (-er, up), bring (forth), burn, carry (away), cast, contain, desire, ease, exact, exalt (self), extol, fetch, forgive, furnish, further, give, go on, help, high, hold up, honourable (+ man), lade, lay, lift (self) up, lofty, marry, magnify, × needs, obtain, pardon, raise (up), receive, regard, respect, set (up), spare, stir up, + swear, take (away, up), × utterly, wear, yield.

Yet there is a problem with this interpretation and this is it, the word airo is not being used in Matthew 24:40-41
Taken…paralambano, par-al-am-ban'-o; from Greek 3844 (para) and Greek 2983 (lambano); to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself (in any familiar or intimate act or relation); by analogy to assume an office; figurative to learn :- receive, take (unto, with).
lambano, lam-ban'-o; a prolonged form of a primary verb, which is used only as an alternate in certain tenses; to take (in very many applications, literal and figurative [properly object or active, to get hold of; whereas Greek 1209 (dechomai) is rather subject or passive, to have offered to one; wlmle Greek 138 (haireomai) to seize or remove]) :- accept, + be amazed, assay, attain, bring, × when I call, catch, come on (× unto), + forget, have, hold, obtain, receive (× after), take (away, up).

Lets look at this from a basic fundamental view: we are on a ship at port; there are people on the dock… who are getting left behind?

If the people being left are the ones who are the elect, why is the term for taken being used?
Paralambano, which means to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself in any familiar or intimate act or relation

In the full interpretation of this very self same word we find the exact same definition being used again in 1 Thes. 4:16-17 (KJV)
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Caught… harpazo, har-pad'-zo; from a derivative of Greek 138 (haireomai); to seize (in various applications) :- catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

As we go a little farther in the Word we find Lord Jesus speaking about 10 virgins. Five wise virgins go to the dinner engagement and five do not…

When the ark was sealed up by GOD, it was taken up out of harms way and the sinners were left to suffer the destruction of the flood…

Took = airo, to expiate sin, to put to an end

Taken = Paralambano, which means to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself in any familiar or intimate act or relation

The one taken is received near in an intimate act and relationship between GOD and His elect

Thanks
Love,
Brother Jerry

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
As in the days of Noah the bad guys will be taken and the good guys left. I pray that I am one of those "left behind."

You were just shown what the words in that mean...

This is a prime example of what this servant is sharing this for.
You have automatically rendered the reality of what is being said in the word of GOD, of no use to you.
What you are saying is that you believe that the ones taken are the sinners and this servants has clearly shown that that belief is not correct.

The ones left behind suffered and died.

"And faith unfaithful kept him falsely true."

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

First, we need to determine when "the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Matthew 24:40) in relation to the coming tribulation. We find that this will occur only at "the coming of the Son of man" (Matthew 24:39), which Jesus had just finished saying will not occur until "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-30). So "the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Matthew 24:40) "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29).

Now we need to determine what will happen to believers "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29) at the second coming of Jesus (Matthew 24:30). We find that believers will be "gathered together" (raptured) at that time: "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect" (Matthew 24:31); "the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him" (2 Thessalonians 2:1). So believers will neither be "taken" nor "left" at the second coming of Jesus, but "gathered together" (raptured).

Now we need to determine what will happen to the unbelievers who will be "taken" at the second coming (Matthew 24:39-40). We find that they will be taken where they will be killed and birds will eat their carcasses: "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. And they answered and said unto him, [Taken] Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together" (Luke 17:36-37), "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together" (Matthew 24:28); "[the eagle's] young ones also suck up blood: and where the slain are, there is she" (Job 39:30)"; "And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh" (Revelation 19:21).

Regarding the Greek word "paralambano" ("taken", Matthew 24:40), it can used with regard to being taken to another place to be killed: "And they took [paralambano] Jesus, and led him away. And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: Where they crucified him" (John 19:16-18).

Now we need to determine what will happen to the unbelievers who are "left" at the second coming. We find that they will be left alive to enter into Jesus' millennial kingdom on the earth, during which time they will be ruled with a rod of iron by Jesus and the church, and will be forced to come up and worship Jesus in Jerusalem: "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles" (Zechariah 14:16-19). "And he [Jesus] shall rule them with a rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15). "And he [any believer] that overcometh, and keepeth my [Jesus'] works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron" (Revelation 2:26-27).

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
First, we need to determine when "the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Matthew 24:40) in relation to the coming tribulation. We find that this will occur only at "the coming of the Son of man" (Matthew 24:39), which Jesus had just finished saying will not occur until "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-30). So "the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Matthew 24:40) "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29).

Now we need to determine what will happen to believers "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29) at the second coming of Jesus (Matthew 24:30). We find that believers will be "gathered together" (raptured) at that time: "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect" (Matthew 24:31); "the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him" (2 Thessalonians 2:1). So believers will neither be "taken" nor "left" at the second coming of Jesus, but "gathered together" (raptured).

Now we need to determine what will happen to the unbelievers who will be "taken" at the second coming (Matthew 24:39-40). We find that they will be taken where they will be killed and birds will eat their carcasses: "Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. And they answered and said unto him, [Taken] Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together" (Luke 17:36-37), "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together" (Matthew 24:28); "[the eagle's] young ones also suck up blood: and where the slain are, there is she" (Job 39:30)"; "And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh" (Revelation 19:21).

Regarding the Greek word "paralambano" ("taken", Matthew 24:40), it can used with regard to being taken to another place to be killed: "And they took [paralambano] Jesus, and led him away. And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: Where they crucified him" (John 19:16-18).

Now we need to determine what will happen to the unbelievers who are "left" at the second coming. We find that they will be left alive to enter into Jesus' millennial kingdom on the earth, during which time they will be ruled with a rod of iron by Jesus and the church, and will be forced to come up and worship Jesus in Jerusalem: "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles" (Zechariah 14:16-19). "And he [Jesus] shall rule them with a rod of iron" (Revelation 19:15). "And he [any believer] that overcometh, and keepeth my [Jesus'] works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron" (Revelation 2:26-27).

You totally are trying to make that which is correct of non effect... the OP is about who will be taken and who will not and accroding to I Thes 4 we meet Lord Jesus in the sky among the clouds...

You are mixing Luke 17 with Matthew 24 when Luke 21 is the connection between the two...
Believers will indeed be caught up = harpazo to sieze, pluck, pull and take by force...1 Thes. 4:17 (KJV)
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air...

This is what the bible says without a formula... the word "rapture or raptured" is not in there

IF that set of words "to meet the Lord in the air" was not there I might be willing to believe what you are saying...

EDITED*
I forgot to mention that the same root for harpazo is in paralambano... so it could be either way but as I shared before...Lord Jesus usually explains something later after He says it and we see the 10 virgins, same ratio 5 and 5, 1 and 1...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Taken or left…

Matthew 24:40-41 (KJV)
Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. [41] Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

There are some who would have us to believe that this means that the ones taken are taken to a judgment or hell or away. And the use the term in Matthew 24:39 (KJV)
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Took…airo, ah'ee-ro; a primary verb; to lift; by implication to take up or away; figurative to raise (the voice), keep in suspense (the mind); specially to sail away (i.e. weigh anchor); by Hebrew [compare Hebrew 5375 (nasa')] to expiate sin :- away with, bear (up), carry, lift up, loose, make to doubt, put away, remove, take (away, up).
nasa', naw-saw'; or nacah, naw-saw'; (Psa. 4:6 [7]), a primitive root; to lift, in a great variety of applications, literal and figurative, absolutely and relatively (as follows) :- accept, advance, arise, (able to, [armour], suffer to) bear (-er, up), bring (forth), burn, carry (away), cast, contain, desire, ease, exact, exalt (self), extol, fetch, forgive, furnish, further, give, go on, help, high, hold up, honourable (+ man), lade, lay, lift (self) up, lofty, marry, magnify, × needs, obtain, pardon, raise (up), receive, regard, respect, set (up), spare, stir up, + swear, take (away, up), × utterly, wear, yield.

Yet there is a problem with this interpretation and this is it, the word airo is not being used in Matthew 24:40-41
Taken…paralambano, par-al-am-ban'-o; from Greek 3844 (para) and Greek 2983 (lambano); to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself (in any familiar or intimate act or relation); by analogy to assume an office; figurative to learn :- receive, take (unto, with).
lambano, lam-ban'-o; a prolonged form of a primary verb, which is used only as an alternate in certain tenses; to take (in very many applications, literal and figurative [properly object or active, to get hold of; whereas Greek 1209 (dechomai) is rather subject or passive, to have offered to one; wlmle Greek 138 (haireomai) to seize or remove]) :- accept, + be amazed, assay, attain, bring, × when I call, catch, come on (× unto), + forget, have, hold, obtain, receive (× after), take (away, up).

Lets look at this from a basic fundamental view: we are on a ship at port; there are people on the dock… who are getting left behind?

If the people being left are the ones who are the elect, why is the term for taken being used?
Paralambano, which means to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself in any familiar or intimate act or relation

In the full interpretation of this very self same word we find the exact same definition being used again in 1 Thes. 4:16-17 (KJV)
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Caught… harpazo, har-pad'-zo; from a derivative of Greek 138 (haireomai); to seize (in various applications) :- catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

Hi Jerry

42And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
43Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

1And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:
3And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

24For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
25But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
26And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
31In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
32Remember Lot's wife.
33Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

vultures really...see where that leads ya. do a study...
not a good place.

As we go a little farther in the Word we find Lord Jesus speaking about 10 virgins. Five wise virgins go to the dinner engagement and five do not…
When the ark was sealed up by GOD, it was taken up out of harms way and the sinners were left to suffer the destruction of the flood…

Took = airo, to expiate sin, to put to an end

Taken = Paralambano, which means to receive near, i.e. associate with oneself in any familiar or intimate act or relation

The one taken is received near in an intimate act and relationship between GOD and His elect

Thanks
Love,
Brother Jerry

most would agrue that
the flood was coming,
and Noah told them it was coming,
but they did not believe...
they thought they had nothing to worry about...

and, just as they were unaware in their day,
so shall the vast majority of the world be unaware
in the end time tribulation and Coming of the Lord.

but Noah was brought through that time,
left on the planet so to survive..to overcome...to trust God.

As in the days of Noah the bad guys will be taken and the good guys left. I pray that I am one of those "left behind."

no doubt you will be here, lol.

the fake Christ comes first to deceive the bride...

that is the apostasy, the deception.

don't worship the false one who claims to be Christ..

have patience and wait for the true Husbandman to arrive...

keep your virginity intact, and don't become a harlot worshiping another

:thumbsup:

You were just shown what the words in that mean...

This is a prime example of what this servant is sharing this for.
You have automatically rendered the reality of what is being said in the word of GOD, of no use to you.
What you are saying is that you believe that the ones taken are the sinners and this servants has clearly shown that that belief is not correct.

The ones left behind suffered and died.

"And faith unfaithful kept him falsely true."
what you have shown Jerry, is your opinion...

we obviously have another,
and it is unfair to say that yours is correct,
just because you say so...

with regards to Noah, the ones left alive were aboard the ark,
the ones taken in the flood were the deceived ones...

there is a flood coming in the end times,
from the dragon's mouth...
we are to be working in the field,
grinding at the mill for Him,
until He Comes...

and that is when all His enemies are at His footstool,
not years (or mere moments) before Satan and his get here...

there is an ark of the end times too...(symbolically)

and we can ride it through the storm...on top of the waters...

kept safe from the storm that is coming.

but that ark is not leaving the planet.

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
what you have shown Jerry, is your opinion...

we obviously have another,
and it is unfair to say that yours is correct,
just because you say so...

with regards to Noah, the ones left alive were aboard the ark,
the ones taken in the flood were the deceived ones...

there is a flood coming in the end times,
from the dragon's mouth...
we are to be working in the field,
grinding at the mill for Him,
until He Comes...

and that is when all His enemies are at His footstool,
not years (or mere moments) before Satan and his get here...

there is an ark of the end times too...(symbolically)

and we can ride it through the storm...on top of the waters...

kept safe from the storm that is coming.

but that ark is not leaving the planet.

You are correct, it is an opinion... and until the part about being caught up among the clouds to meet the Lord in the air is taken out of the bible.

EVEN IF the clouds are crowds as you keep claiming that does not relinquesh meeting the LORD in the air...

That ONE small part is enough to continue to believe that we are taken and the sinners are left...

BUT, just becuase one of is incorrect about this does not place us in hell for that belief...If you are close by. I'll explain it on the way up:D

Being ready for this is all that matters, the timing and the wherefores and whatnots will take care of themselves...
Thanks for your input,
Love,
Brother Jerry

Upvote 0